Preview Video for New 1.3.0 Wand Skill

The name should be distinct from the ranger skills such as, fire arrow, ice shot, lightning arrow etc. These are to the point which fits the pragmatic ranger archetype well.

The only witch skill that only works for shooting with a wand is Power Siphon. 'Power' here is both synonymous to 'force' and to 'being in control' where as 'Siphon' refers to a pressure created when the projectile hits. It is not so much that the projectile deal damage, it is more that a "Siphon" effect (magical) happens when the projectile hits which creates a pressure that can make the target be sucked through the magical pressure created if enough damage is done, hence the culling strike.

This new skill, then, I think should follow the same themes mentioned above and also that the power of the skill comes from the wielder and not the ammunition, which is/can be the case with the ranger skills.

"Force" works well to describe the skill. It is abstract and goes in line with "Power" from Power Siphon. I am not sure that "Missile" or "Bombardment" or other such names that has been mentioned would fit the same theme. I have seen "Fusillade" mentioned as well, but this word is related to firearms which does not fit the concept of that the power of the skill comes from the character and not from the ammunition being used.

As the skill does explode and it seems even the description of the skill will use the word "explode" I think we should look for something along that line but use a word that has more mystique associated with it.

A word such as "wave" could work, giving us "Force Wave". I am here thinking of "wave" as in "shock wave", the problem though is that the skills does not seem to resemble a wave when used.

I have seen others use the word "burst" or "blast". I think either of these words could work but they are somewhat bland when compared to "Siphon". Another word that could work is "Rend" which speaks of something that is so forceful it can tear apart stuff, giving us "Force Rend" or "Rending Force".

We can also go with words such as "Channeling" or "Shattering" or "Evulsive" (extraction by force). This would give us names such as "Channeling Force" "Shattering Force" and "Evulsive Force" or.

If "Force" is too vague or common we can use a word such as "Cadence" which would refer to the behavior rather than the substance of the skill.
HYPUUU!

By the way, HAVOC (or havoc burst) is the perfect name for that skill.
I've seen something like that in one anime xD

"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
Last edited by Entropher on Nov 26, 2014, 1:27:58 PM
"
Xalmaren wrote:
Why not use the word Wake, since the explosions appear to trail the shot, or are in the wake of the shot:

Wake of Destruction perhaps

Or explosions that destroy things around an intended target could be called "Collateral Damage" could they not?

Boots.
Saved
Fragmentation shot.
Fragmentation Shot.

Frag Shot for short.

Oops double post.
Last edited by Origotoshi on Nov 26, 2014, 1:37:56 PM
scattershot sounds good
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
I'm feeling something like Fragmenting Blast or Force. The first word that came to mind was frangible but it might be a bit obscure for use here.
------------------>> IGN: Puerrto <<------------------
Cluster shot
Aerosol shot
Thermobaric shot
IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY
first page post
"
Very nice :-)

Blastwave?

i like it so Blastwave
Arcane Burst

Report Forum Post