Two One-week Rampage/Beyond Leagues Start this Weekend!

"
furyloops wrote:
We need 2 prize pools, SC players has no real disadvantage over races. I'm not saying HC players are levitationg above the SC players, I'm just thinking there has to be some kind of incentives for playing HC, if HC dies in the race they lose all the chance for a draw in the prize pool. Higher risk, higher reward.

Having 2 separate prize pools benefits SC players too, lesser people for the draws. Admittedly it benefits HC players more as there are lesser hc players.

You get credit for the level reached before death in HC. So, it should be a piece of pie to achieve 70 for any half decent HC player playing their preferred mode, no?

It's about the challenge. Every potential HC entrant needs to ask themselves, "Are my stones ready for this?" :D
Awesome! Thanks :D
#RIPLife
"
You get credit for the level reached before death in HC. So, it should be a piece of pie to achieve 70 for any half decent HC player playing their preferred mode, no?

It's about the challenge. Every potential HC entrant needs to ask themselves, "Are my stones ready for this?" :D

Exactly this. In my opinion some HC players are asking separate prize pools only to have BETTER chance at winning than SC players have. I do agree on the complaint about only top-5 getting the Demigod because it will very likely kill the competition long before the week is over but other prizes aren't exactly competitive in nature - they're just randomized goodies for those who spent some time on this silly little league.

P.S. I'm going to play HC, solo self-found, and I'm really, really disappointed at MYSELF if I don't manage to get 70+.
You should have made this race last two weeks and started it on Wednesday.
Honestly, I think giving out prizes based on ranking would have been a much better format. For example, top 200 in each league wins the first prize bracket (lvl 20+ prize as it is now) top 150 second bracket prize, top 100 third, etc all the way up to top 5 winning the Demi. I'm going to be upset if I get like 7th overall in hardcore, and get nothing due to the randomness. I'm not asking for them to change it to this, it's too late for that obviously, but IMHO it's something to consider for the future.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Nov 25, 2014, 6:25:35 PM
Most players will level faster in this league than they ever have before. Beyonds add so much xp and loot and rampage will only help kill them faster.
People are being a bit over serious about the prize lottery though... Guess what. You're not going to win. Just have fun!
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
The TRUE hardcore players will like it how it is. It gives them the opportunity to try and top the best SC players. Having that opportunity IS the reward for real HC gamers.

Anyone complaining about the prize structure and setup of this week event quite simply isn't a true HC player and should be playing on the SC side anyway.

Toodles, and good luck to all of the non-complainers. :)

&

"
"
furyloops wrote:
We need 2 prize pools, SC players has no real disadvantage over races. I'm not saying HC players are levitationg above the SC players, I'm just thinking there has to be some kind of incentives for playing HC, if HC dies in the race they lose all the chance for a draw in the prize pool. Higher risk, higher reward.

Having 2 separate prize pools benefits SC players too, lesser people for the draws. Admittedly it benefits HC players more as there are lesser hc players.

Your comments really do sound like they are made only for the sake of spam. They bring nothing new to the discussion, and frankly I find it rather funny to read advices about having "balls" to play HC, or "half decent HC players" from someone who reached grand lvl 47 in HC. Go finish cruel on HC, try merciless, I'm not even asking you to try playing maps - then come back and try to contribute to the discussion. Only because you bought yourself a nice "XYZ Supporter" tags for the forum doesn't mean you instantly have something interesting or valid to say - guess what, so far you didn't.

So either make some valid points or stay quiet, thank you.
Last edited by Fifth2301 on Nov 25, 2014, 7:28:48 PM
It looks like some people do not get the point of the lottery prizes. It is quiet obvious that they are not supposed to be rewards for performance, because reaching level 70 in a week, no matter if HC or SC, is hardly an achievement anymore. Just compare it to the requirements for a highest tier reward in another format (8/8 in a temp league or the most points in a normal race).

The lottery is just a bonus for all participants, nothing more.
"
Fifth2301 wrote:
"
The TRUE hardcore players will like it how it is. It gives them the opportunity to try and top the best SC players. Having that opportunity IS the reward for real HC gamers.

Anyone complaining about the prize structure and setup of this week event quite simply isn't a true HC player and should be playing on the SC side anyway.

Toodles, and good luck to all of the non-complainers. :)

&

"
"
furyloops wrote:

Your comments really do sound like they are made only for the sake of spam. They bring nothing new to the discussion, and frankly I find it rather funny to read advices about having "balls" to play HC, or "half decent HC players" from someone who reached grand lvl 47 in HC. Go finish cruel on HC, try merciless, I'm not even asking you to try playing maps - then come back and try to contribute to the discussion. Only because you bought yourself a nice "XYZ Supporter" tags for the forum doesn't mean you instantly have something interesting or valid to say - guess what, so far you didn't.

So either make some valid points or stay quiet, thank you.

Bonus points for new guys who haven't deleted any characters yet. You're welcome for my support making it possible for you to play Path of Exile.

All of what I stated was 100% valid. True HC players know this.

Take care
@grant_m: Holler for the lv 70's and 80's I didn't like that I scraped because of the names. I'm a SC player and I even get what you said... I can do HC, but I like being able to eat a sandwich while I run maps XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info