ACT IV Speculation (Possible spoilers ahead)

"
mucker wrote:
Does the source of the land's corruption and the dead rising have to be the same as the source of the gems?
Could be two gods, one that destroys men and one that uses them.

That's an interesting question. The short answer is that is strongly implied that they are one and the same. The carvings in Act I make reference to a "black spirit" raising the dead. The masters talk about thaumaturgy and corruption being one and the same. The gems which are the "heart of thaumaturgy", as Vorici put it, come from the Highgate mines, the likely source of all this....

Having said that... it could indeed be two, if any of the sources are lying or misinformed, there could be two entities at play.
"
I would be very surprised if GGG plans to retain the ten act plan

I there, well I hope that after Act 4, GGG will work on a kind of path of exile 2.

It will give the possibility to make an update of the engine and start a great game with all the experience they gained with poe.
I would not write off the ten act thing just yet. There are many examples of f2p games having act structures in the double digits. Vindictus comes to mind , even if it is notorious for heavily recycling content. It still technically was getting content for quite a while . longer than poe anyway.

Poe is closer to an mmo anyway these days and just look at eve online and wow .. how many expansions do they have? bunches.

will there be 10 acts... probably not, but i do expect to see more than just 4 5 or even 6
acts. GGG wanted to completely remove the multi difficulty mechanic which would actually suggest at-least 8 acts if we cover the original 4 difficulties merciless ruthless cruel and normal (was it ruthless i forget these days)
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Nov 24, 2014, 2:40:45 PM
After stepping through the portal that appears when dominus is defeated we return to our comfy beds as the alarm clock goes off.

It was all a dream.

PoE was just release hype for sims 5. We are forced to pay $59.99 if we would like to continue playing.

"just for try, for see and for know"
"
jdilly23 wrote:

PoE was just release hype for sims 5. We are forced to pay $59.99 if we would like to continue playing.

spends the rest of the week desperately trying to get Dominus and Brutus to WooHoo

traps Piety in a ladderless pool

deletes all toilets from the Duelists house
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Nov 24, 2014, 2:55:50 PM
Re-railing this thread:

The rapture device is the reason Wraeclast is what it is. Maybe Kitava gave away the designs of the machine to physically manifest the nightmare in the real world.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Re-railing this thread:

The rapture device is the reason Wraeclast is what it is. Maybe Kitava gave away the designs of the machine to physically manifest the nightmare in the real world.

Bingo. That's what I'm thinking.
"
Cool idea, but we're talking cycles of destruction here. How would that tie into the fall of the Vaal, which by all accounts was a cataclysmic event not unlike what happened to Sarn?

The fall of the Vaal is not bad enough. Maybe is a failure for whatever pulls the strings in Wraeclast.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Cool idea, but we're talking cycles of destruction here. How would that tie into the fall of the Vaal, which by all accounts was a cataclysmic event not unlike what happened to Sarn?

The fall of the Vaal is not bad enough. Maybe is a failure for whatever pulls the strings in Wraeclast.

Or it's not a failure at all. Perhaps it's just incomplete work. If the Nightmare thinks of itself as an artist, it needs more than one color, yes? So 2000 years ago you've got your first Cataclysm which creates the Vaal fallen, then comes another, which creates the Undying, now a third one imminent, which somehow relates to Chekhov's rapture device, the point being that it does this overa long period of time, and in different ways, to create a tapestry of variation.

One thing's for sure: If you introduce a Rapture device in Act I, you'd better have it unleash an unspeakable monstrosity by the third act. Erm. 4th.
"
theloveduck wrote:

Or it's not a failure at all. Perhaps it's just incomplete work. If the Nightmare thinks of itself as an artist, it needs more than one color, yes? So 2000 years ago you've got your first Cataclysm which creates the Vaal fallen, then comes another, which creates the Undying, now a third one imminent, which somehow relates to Chekhov's rapture device, the point being that it does this overa long period of time, and in different ways, to create a tapestry of variation.

One thing's for sure: If you introduce a Rapture device in Act I, you'd better have it unleash an unspeakable monstrosity by the third act. Erm. 4th.

That's assuming that the whole point of the entity is to destroy and corrupt. You know, it could be that it's not the case...(let's face it, the enemies in this game don't have the same freshness exiles have, I expect that GGG ups their game a little in that department).
Last edited by NeroNoah on Nov 24, 2014, 6:43:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info