Congratulations Boof

"
Morsexier wrote:
Journal Entry #6085

8\28\2012

Today I wrote a long post about "fastrushing", here, and also spent the day antagonizing several people in the global chat of the game.

Unfortunately my plan of challenging people to come duel me at Oak backfired when several members of the community took me up on my challenge and showed up to fight me. Unfortunately my 1h ground slam character with no DPS was not sufficient to beat anyone, and I was forced to Alt F4.

Long term I will negate these negative consequences by accusing everyone who ever played racing or cut-throat of alt-f4'ing, and explaining in long meandering posts on the forums how much better PvP was in my day. People will soon forget then.

Mood:Disconsolate.

XOXO,
Hilly

http://youtu.be/-ONJHqIt9I4
"
Morsexier wrote:
Hilly

Hahaha that made me lol!
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Nov 26, 2014, 8:45:09 PM
I wonder how much complaining will be had when the hit registration bug of Glacial Hammer is fixed (that is, you can't outrun it, if it swings it will hit unless you evade/block it)
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
TheuberClips wrote:
I wonder how much complaining will be had when the hit registration bug of Glacial Hammer is fixed (that is, you can't outrun it, if it swings it will hit unless you evade/block it)

uber's drunk again
"
boof wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:

uber's drunk again

Yea you know, I read this 5-10 times myself, didn't get it really, and just figured I missed something and was like, "whelp, someday I'll get it explained to me."
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
TheuberClips wrote:

Official GGG response: "There is no hit registration bug"

Chatters is DESYNC. ;D

And if both players are frozen to GH in CT and kill each other it's some invisible force killing yboth.

There is nothing wrong with GH because a Dev said so. /s

"
Morsexier wrote:
"
boof wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:

uber's drunk again

Yea you know, I read this 5-10 times myself, didn't get it really, and just figured I missed something and was like, "whelp, someday I'll get it explained to me."

Glacial Hammer has (or had, maybe it's fixed) terrible hit registration that outranges the actual weapon's range through the way it decides it hits. It seemed that if someone started the swing of Glacial Hammer with you in range of them, no matter how far away you ran after the "impact" is supposed to be, it would hit. Note that I'm no longer sure this is the case, but it certainly has seemed it with Chatters.

Every attack has a little bit of delay before it actually hits - this means that they can run out of the way of your attacks. Remember the times back in Closed Beta when archers would hit and their arrows couldn't be sidestepped? Glacial Hammer is/was like that.

Lets say you have 2 people fighting. Player 1 starts the use of Glacial Hammer on Player 2 while player 2 is running at like 50 movespeed. The distance between them is 4 units at the start of the swing. By the time the impact of Glacial Hammer happens, Player 2 could very well be like 20+ units away, and still get hit by the Glacial Hammer.

Perhaps it was fixed some time ago, but it certainly was like that for a while.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
TheuberClips wrote:

Every attack has a little bit of delay before it actually hits - this means that they can run out of the way of your attacks. Remember the times back in Closed Beta when archers would hit and their arrows couldn't be sidestepped? Glacial Hammer is/was like that.

so that means that glacial hammer is triggered by a certain unit of proximity and that trigger was a guaranteed hit detection. but what you are saying is the actual hit detection happens after the "delay" if you are still in the proximity of the skill. i was under the impression that lets say you click on an enemy standing still far away from you, your character would run up to it and as soon as the attack came out that meant it actually registered. the side step shinanigans happens to avoid this detection. *shrug*

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
I thought it was just the way sync works in this game. If you click+hold GHammer (or any skill) on someone, eventually your two characters meet on the server and your hit happens. It's only more jarring with GH because of the freeze.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Congrats again boof

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info