Noob Arc Witch seeks advice

Well CantripN, I am glad you asked this question, because it led me to query crafting recipes and Masters. I am still learning the game and enjoying the process.

Traded a Geofri's for 3 C + 4 Fusing (dunno but felt I wasn't robbed) and modeled it as such:

Ideally, would have liked to swap in an Empower for Life Leech but that can wait :D

-PS Could I have rolled 5L on this helmet?
Last edited by NaineNoire on Nov 28, 2014, 3:04:40 PM
Yo Noire,

the helm is about that price, and it's a good deal for its price :)

you can swap in empower for life leech when you have other sources to leech life, such as warlord's mark curse, Doryani's invitation (lightning leech) or amulets/wands with a elemental/lightning leech mod.

I'd say survivability is more important than damage though, as the longer you live, the more hp you leech, the longer you last :P

The max sockets achievable for all the gears are:

Helm: 4
Chest: 6
Gloves: 4
Boots: 4
1-h weapon/shield: 3
2-h weapon: 6
rings (only unset rings): 1

Also a suggestion would be to keep an eye on higher energy shield items (of course life + resist is still priority), because more es = more mana via eldrich battery.

As for getting energy shield from passive tree, I don't really suggest it, because you are getting es JUST for mana, and those passive points can be allocated elsewhere.

I highly recommend you to take out the 3 mana nodes from the right of the witch start circle, and take deep thoughts instead, because those 3 nodes give you 20% max mana and 20% mana regen, where 2 nodes on deep thoughts grant you 28% max mana, 20% mana regen, and also 20 int.

Also the 12% energy shield isnt useful because your gear don't have alot of es.

here is the tree to show what i mean:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcI9BBYEQ8fAh_HK3gsnC19LYsyNDpYRKtVrlXGXypqQ2sXbRl2EX6vghCCHoPbjRmPppUgrJi1hbzqwFTBtMHz2V_bC92M34rfsOAS5Ozr5O9Q
Last edited by j12funki on Nov 28, 2014, 4:57:36 PM
Thanks again for the helpful tips j12funki, appreciate it.

Your argument made sense so I used my last 3 refunds and presto.

Will keep you updated on my discoveries in the world of Wraeclast!
Yes, it's your favourite Arc Witch noob returning with updated gear and - you guessed it - updated questions :)

First off, passives tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVbB6UI9A5IEFgRDxGWE54UTRVQFm8abB8CH8ckqilPK3gsnC2LMjQ2xTbpOlhG10myVcZdxl3yXypgbWpDaxdtGXYRfjN-r3_GghCCHoKbgziD24uMjDaNGZUgnYCdrqIAoqOkkacIrJi1BLzqwFTB89gk2V_a3dsL3Yzd89-K37DgEuFz42rkIuTs6QLr5O0g8B8=

Next, current gear:

I am quite happy with my Geofri's 4L combo, the Life Leech is very helpful. Still have my eyes set on an Empower.

My curse set up is restricted to 2 and I chose Conductivity in the wand and Warlord's Mark in the CwdT shield combo. The latter has been invaluable on many occasions.

My boots setup comprises my auras, which although very helpful, take a very substantial chunk of my mana pool - leaves me with ~ 300 mana atm. I have leveled Arctic Armor to 15 but my mana regen/pool cannot support it as is. Also liked Enfeeble and would like your take on what curse is more beneficial.

The gloves I have not touched for many levels as I'm unsure on what gems/combos to go for.

My trusty wand has served well but is it time for an upgrade? Is Morrowind an upgrade? Thinking in terms of the loss of +1 to gems and the faster casting speed. Or should I wait for a good rare one to drop/trade?

My chest piece has a lot of armor but is a 3L. Besides it serves as my teleport setup which only requires 3 gems. Possibly I could move said combo to the gloves but then what to socket in the chest slots? I know they can go up to 6 but 5 should be attainable at my level (?).

On another note, I feel my life pool needs boosting (@ 2.1k atm). Working towards some additional life nodes on the tree and definitely need more HP on items..

Resists are okish (57/75/57/-6). Act 2 Merc now.

Any helpful input appreciated.

PS- Found another Geofri's (1 R) sold it for 5c. 1st ever sale!

Keep farming, keep leveling, get as much life on gear and mana regen on gear, get 75 in all Elemental resists by A3M. Just keep at it, you'll do fine.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Rezzing this thread for the convenience of friend who's evaluating my progress. Feel free to commment if you so please.

Build: Moderate crit Three Dragons/Pyre Arc Witch

Current passives tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswVCB2MI9A2NEFgRDxOeFLAWvxo4Gmwb8RzcHwIi9CcvKPoqOCycLUcyNDWSNsVBh0GWRKtG10wtTLNPr1AwUEJVrlXGVytd8mpDbAttGXGFdhF-M36vfseCEIIegpuCx4PbjDaNGY-mkFWaO52uogCkkacIqW6us7FCtfK3PriTvOq9gsAawFTAZsu9zLfQ9dV11abYJNi92V_audrd2wvbXt2M34rfsOAS4XPkIuTs5YvmgekC6-7sOO089On56P4K_rM=

Equipped gear:

Alternative gear in stash:

Offensive stats(self-buffed Haste/Ice Herald/Lightning Herald):

Main Arc DPS: 13.753
Totem Arc DPS: 1.796
Crit chance: 34%
Crit X: 312%
Casts/sec: 3.7
Chance to shock: 25%
Chance to freeze: 10%
Chance to ignite: 10%

Defensive stats:

Life: 2.527
Mana: 2.374(498 unreserved)
Fire res: 75(99)
Cold res: 75(91)
Lightning res: 75(84)
Chaos res: -36(-36)

Leveling Empower in the switch weapons, half way to lvl 2.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info