Oro's Flicker

So first of all i have to ask u if that is even viable to build this kind of build.
I dont mean just duelist.
I was thinking about gear; Doryani, Hrimnor's , Oro's, Blood Dance, Maligaro's Virtuosity and maybe taming.
appleseed flicker

YORO flicker

Been done before but neither have been updated.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Yoro´s post still have the basic idea going on there. Its a good starting point for you as I tried to make more like a proof of concept than an actual build. I still play PoE, but not that build. One thing is granted: its pretty fucking fun.

One thing that I would do, nowadays, would be to use Daressos chest and manually hit Immortal call from time to time (each 6 seconds) to keep physical danger away as possible. Also, having Herald of Ash + Increased Burning damage going on would be awesome (killing 1 mob would burn the rest with overkill). I think I would also think about changing the three to a more critical oriented approach... well, it´s really all open to study nowadays.

I actually played around A LOT with Oro's since it came out and honestly, without OP gear, the thing just sucks. But, my lvl 68 character that I built for it can get about 1200 damage per strike with splash on with a 4 link. Kaom's with fire damage on it is a huge boost to life and damage.

Here is a 99 point build I put together after lots of testing with a crit build and RT build. RT with a chance to ignite gem seems to be the only worthwhile way to go. You have to grab so many accuracy and crit nodes to make it plausible to not go RT, then you're left with much less health and not much more damage since most crit nodes are also phys nodes which don't help at all. The biggest pain in the ass with this weapon is that it's all ele damage, so you have to get the doryani belt with fire leech. My character doesn't have it, that might be the key, but damage will still suck. I would also recommend going for blood magic as flicker is pretty expensive.

My tree doesn't have any extra charges, but ofc grab the frenzy from bandits. Instead, my tree focuses on health, fire damage, and most importantly, ignite chance. 15% chance from tree, 44% from CTI gem, and 20% on Oro, you get 79% chance, and with multistrike, it's even easier.

Rogue's Oro Flicker

I use fucker - chance to ignite - multistrike - melee splash those are essential to do anything, weapon ele damage would be for 5 link, then finally either fire pen or ele prolif for 6.

I tried blood dance boots and wasn't a fan, if you find some with an extra frenzy charge they might be good and the life regen is awesome, but they reduce the effectiveness of your charges by a lot. And they have no health or resists.

If I get a 5 link oro and a doryani belt and test this out in maps, I'll actually write a guide. I'll see what changes 1.3 has first tho.

Something else to mention about Flicker Strike, leveling the gem increases your flicker speed, but not by much, the increase to phys damage you get by leveling it, once again, is useless, so don't stress about the dex getting too high.
Last edited by roguemjb on Dec 2, 2014, 1:24:26 AM
"
roguemjb wrote:

I use fucker - chance to ignite

Nice typo man. ^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info