Melee Battlegrounds ... medieval multiplayer combat game

Hi there!
A new game needs your attention and your support.
It's a tactical combat game: large medieval multiplayer battles, duels or "capture the town".

Melee: Battlegrounds --> kickstarter-presentation

My brother strongly recommended this game, if you like a focus on action and tactics, there is no grinding, according to the devs. He's a big fan and has access to pre-alpha versions and really wants to see it alive.

The kickstarter site had a bunch of info and videos. Those guys were modders of another game (c-rpg) and started their own project.
Sounds like those old statements from GGG: want to make a game that *we* want to play ourselves...
The crew is larger than GGG was in the beginning, but face the same problems. They have a working program but need money to focus on their dream, work fulltime and get it ready for the masses. So they try to get the money via kickstarter.

Please have a look, spread the word and maybe even consider a donation.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
This for shure is a very promissing game. The coders already coded a complete new game-engine which suites there needs over the last 2 years..
For battle they go for at least 200 players on one server. Who ever played warband has an idea how intense it it is if two armies of 100+ players clash.
The main developement focus goes into combat. You have a 360° attack spectrum and directinal blocking. This makes it a skill based combat because you have to react on the attackangle of your oponent to block into the right direction.

pic
Last edited by Utrakil on Nov 23, 2014, 5:08:08 PM
Looks interesting, will keep an eye on it. I wonder how varied the buildings in Stronghold will be
nice, this looks really good already and like a lot fun! Also they seem to have done much progress already, looks very genuine and not like the usual kickstarter scam.

Video: Stronghold game mode
Last edited by Baukis on Nov 24, 2014, 7:07:25 AM
Yeah i already pledged that game a while ago through their cRPG mod, great devs.
They got a lot of years experience from coding their m&b warband mod, so they know what makes an medieval combat game fun :)
I always loved using xbows, 1h cavalry or running around 1h+shield, good times.
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
https://twitter.com/WarhorseStudios/status/536885610582388737
Wow! Even Warhorse Studios likes it.
That is a real accolade.
This hasn't nearly recieved the love it deserves, people...

Spread the word, let's make this happen!

edit: They just added an update on combat to their kickstarter, check it out
Last edited by Pestschmoktor on Nov 30, 2014, 3:22:39 PM
I really wonder why this is getting so little attention (like in here). For me this game sounds fantastic, is it only because people are fed up with Kickstarter or is it the lack of magic/fantasy or what else?
"Behind the Scenes" Video update just out, showing some mo-cap!
This seems like it has potential.

Have a free bump
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info