What the fucks up with Megaeras damage?!

She's a pretty easy boss you just have to hit hard to stun, one of the few bosses that I can actually stun to death then nuke before she even does anything :P however if you do stand on the fire storm without UNWAVERING STANCE then think you can facetank her. you gone.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
"
grepman wrote:
"
I think the issue with her isn't that she is that difficult. She really isn't. It is simply strange that her firestorm does such high damage compared to say, a boss in a 77 map whose firestorm is like a hot shower.

It is a strange difference in damage output for two bosses using the same skill when the lower level one does incredibly more damage.

magaera is one of the 're-balanced' bosses (she has own stairs), molten shell guy is not. simple answer :)

She also has fire penetration, which makes a very large difference.

does she ? anyway, before the re-balance she was as easy as the ms guy iirc
I can believe that megaera's damage in zana scaled maps is a bit out of whack, what I can't believe is that she killed you as a RF character.
I play RF myself, and I have done a LOT of zana missions (only 200k left for level 8) and have faced megaera plenty of times. I have often seen half the party rip to her firestorm (especially when trying to get loot lol), and she even does a fair amount of damage to me without a flask up. But with a ruby up I can comfortably sit in her firestorm and out regen her damage even on a vuln/ele weakness zana double curse map. You must have done something wrong to have her nearly instakill you. My bet would be hitting the wrong flask or not realising you had no flask charges.
Last edited by Grimmhammer on Nov 21, 2014, 10:59:39 PM
"
Grimmhammer wrote:
I can believe that megaera's damage in zana scaled maps is a bit out of whack, what I can't believe is that she killed you as a RF character.
I play RF myself, and I have done a LOT of zana missions (only 200k left for level 8) and have faced megaera plenty of times. I have often seen half the party rip to her firestorm (especially when trying to get loot lol), and she even does a fair amount of damage to me without a flask up. But with a ruby up I can comfortably sit in her firestorm and out regen her damage even on a vuln/ele weakness zana double curse map. You must have done something wrong to have her nearly instakill you. My bet would be hitting the wrong flask or not realising you had no flask charges.

You need to beat her with flasks as RF, so a non-RF without a autodelete-mirrored-builds or SRS can see her as a nightmare.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info