Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

POE at an all time low?

The very end of the league + really crappy race season = only the biggest nolifers / addicts have a reason to log in.

Next patch will jump start the curve again.

(also, 'fix desink' - you gonna wait a few acts for that. Around act 10 in 2030)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

cant believe someone actually made a post....
Last edited by Tom1989 on Nov 20, 2014, 11:26:26 AM
There is 1 endgame, in a game where your mostlikely going to be in endgame for infinite hours, ofc people drop it ones there done making 2-3 chars because there is nothing to do, maps? ok 1 thing, what else is there? oh right nothing, no endless ledge ,no tower defence minigames! (lol totally doable now with hideout mechanics. there's just 2 things to do in poe, lvl up a char, do maps.

No i don't consider racing part of the things you can do, as due to the poorly balanced schedule a lot of people can't partake in them, ggg needs to fix THIS issue, the whole half a year they took off races was to implement a new type of race? seriously? and put even more issues in racing then ever was before, 1 step forward 5steps back.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Yes, POE has finally died. Cause of death: Fractured skull due to facepalming at repeated posting of steam charts at the end of a league, as if thats an accurate representation of the game's overall health.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
June was an all time low, we're not there yet.

(Don't ppl know how to read charts?)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Nov 20, 2014, 11:35:40 AM
"Obviously the reason is the season was too long and people achieved their goals. We'll shorten the next league to be a 90 day league to remove the problem!"

- GGG

Reference:
Spoiler

"Players often report that the last few weeks of the four-month leagues are somewhat stale as people wait for them to merge with Standard. We were initially concerned that shortening them to three months would just move the stale period, but we're now relatively confident that this effect is because players have become better at playing Path of Exile efficiently since release (reaching higher levels and end-game content/crafting more quickly)." - GGG
Last edited by Hemmingfish on Nov 21, 2014, 12:53:15 AM
"
Rogueweapon wrote:
The problem with POE atm is that it is hard to reach max level

Not many people want to grind to reach 100 or grind to get high level maps .

I totally agree with that. I'm one of those players. I reached level 63 about a week ago with my main character and I think I'm stuck, because now everytime I log in the only thing I do is to chat with my guildies. Because no, I'm not willing to grind to level up, it's way too hard to raise that exp bar and I need a party to do it efficiently.

By the other side, new players feels intimidated by the complexity of the game and the -so remarkable- lack of instructions the game has. GGG needs to understand that not everyone have already played Diablo 2 which is what GGG do: assuming that everyone that comes here player is an old school Diablo player. No, face it. We are an older generation.
Last edited by Samkiud on Nov 21, 2014, 5:33:43 PM
Bump
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
Rogueweapon wrote:
The problem with POE atm is that it is hard to reach max level

Not many people want to grind to reach 100 or grind to get high level maps .

I totally agree with that. I'm one of those players. I reached level 63 about a week ago with my main character and I think stuck, because now everytime I log in the only thing I do is to chat with my guildies. Because no, I'm not willing to grind to level up, it's way too hard to raise that exp bar and I need a party to do it efficiently.

By the other side, new players feels intimidated by the complexity of the game and the -so remarkable- lack of instructions the game has. GGG needs to understand that not everyone have already played Diablo 2 which is what GGG do: assuming that everyone that comes here player is an old school Diablo player. No, face it. We are an older generation.

+1

We have the PoE elite no-lifer players to thank for this. Think about it, we have 16 level 100 Rampage League and 14 (3 dead) Beyond League builds. With the top elite players willingly grinding away day and night nearly 24/7 to get a build to 100 GGG looks upon this and comes away thinking that where PoE is currently at in terms of time grind for XP is in the goldilocks zone. Yet GGG fails to see the broader picture of the world of arpg players and thus is getting exactly want they deserve. A daily player level of 10K or less. True, we are between the 3 month temp leagues so playing is always expected to be lowest now. But long term GGG must improve the time grind from level 68 to 100 and then provide a real PoE ending with our exile freed and retired or else risk losing more and more players over time. New zones in Act 4 will bring a few players back but only briefly and that won't sustain GGG financially for long. If GGG is raking in money on their micro-transactions with the current player levels (which I doubt) then we are all just blowing smoke or if GGG is very content with the ever lower daily player counts because they like it that way and PoE is programmed for the way we would most like to play an arpg then Act 4 will not be the PoE make-over or overhaul that many desire and deem as critical for continued long term survivability. I personally believe that GGG has no desire to open up PoE to a wider arpg audience and is content to keep Act 4 to more zones and new monsters/bosses and not make any sweeping changes. So time grind for XP will stay the same at high levels and level of desire to grind maps will stay very low for most (excluding PoE elite no-lifers of course).

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
SotV was the biggest hit so far, but hey lets try to make players forget about it, hope they make it an alternative end-game by nerfing spawn of corrupt areas then introduce masters.. which got old very very quickly. While that thing that they are trying to suppress is what most people still strive for to this day. Imo, its the lack of new content that burnt players. Another type of GG boss run or maybe high level siege maps (79+) with a ton of non-1 shottable bosses would've been cool to keep the momentum up after Atziri.

Are you kidding me? GGG pumps out a considerable amount of content, especially considering the size of their team and the frequency of content releases, compared to larger teams. If anything, the "cause" is the frequency. Instead of a solid ~3-4 months (playtime) of new content released once per year, they tend to release ~1 month of content every 3-4 months. This, I could imagine, would allow well established players (most of us) to breeze through new content much faster than otherwise, because it is being delivered in much smaller, bite-sized pieces.

Compare to something like Titan Quest, that allowed a full year for the game to sell, grow, live, and then die, before releasing an expansion. This essentially allows the expansion to "resurrect" and recycle content from the original release--something PoE doesn't get to do because of its persistent online free to play model.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info