Why do Zana's missions always have to have a Rogue Exile in them??

I am getting sick to death of Zana in my Hideout now....
I almost religiously abandon any of her timed missions because they seem near impossible to complete, but I do take her non-timed missions in the hopes that I will be able to complete them.
This includes the occasional, find the 10 lodestones missions, which I would have NO problem completing except that they almost ALWAYS have a Rogue Exile stuffed in there somewhere that is specifically set up to stop melee builds, and that makes me lose portals, which are already limited to begin with.
Tonight, I was running through the Pier, and had found 4 of 10 lodestones, and when I FINALLY found the 5th one there was Xandro Bloodrinker guarding it, along with like a million skeleton archers, and I don't know if you know, but Xandro is a NIGHTMARE for a melee build to fell.
Anyway, I lost a port when I first realized he was there, and ran up FULL SPRINT, and stun-locked me to death with that rapid fire ground slam thing he does, then when I came back in he was back to FULL HEALTH. Also, he relentlessly stuns you, making it near impossible to get anywhere near him to hit him without range.
So, after dying a second, and a third time to this creep, I finally abandoned the mission, but that is not the first time this has happened on these missions, and I have yet to come a cross a single one of them that does not have strategically placed exile to thwart your progress.
My question is, WHY GRIND GEAR, would it hurt you SOOOO bad for someone to be able to complete a master mission??
Otherwise, could I PLEASE get an exile that is possible for a melee character to defeat, and not one that is impossible to even approach, with apparently UNLIMITED mana??
Also, PLEASE make an exile that does NOT do life Regen, so that they are not constantly at full health!!
Last edited by cortni on Nov 19, 2014, 9:04:53 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Dayum man this is like the second thread that you died to a rogue exile =/
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Dayum man this is like the second thread that you died to a rogue exile =/

I cannot tell if you are making a comment, or just being rude, but yes, as I said, this was not the first time!!
Last edited by cortni on Nov 19, 2014, 9:06:10 PM
Without knowing anything about your build, I have no idea why you're running into such trouble, but I have melee builds that don't find him much trouble. Are you getting stunned a lot overall / blocking a lot then dying, or is it just this one mob that manages to do it when nothing else can? Eye of Chayula?
You copied this wall of nonsense in that other thread about Xandro and I kinda answered you there but I'll copy it here for you as well:

I didn't know people still have problems with exiles in general, they all seem like such a pushover for all specs I ever ran. If your build doesn't manage to have enough defenses (out of all forms of defenses there are) nor enough damage to pwn everything it touches, your build sucks and exiles are there to remind you of it.

Same goes for people crying about map bosses. If you somewhat can run maps without nasty mods and then rogue exiles and certain map bosses (and beyond bosses, and whatever out-of-the-box situation you might face) kill you, it's not the game's fault and certainly not a justified call for nerf. It's just you sucking or your build sucking.

Build shouldn't be planned to do well under normal conditions only. It should be planned to have none or only a few acceptable weak points. That way you won't simply die to everything unexpectable and the general flow is way better (also helps you to sustain your map pool which many people seem to have problems with etc).

TL;DR you suck or your build sucks. If you want help how to overcome them, post in gameplay discussion or gameplay help with your build and gear, much more productive than mindless whining here.
Based on his way of writing and recent posts, I'm pretty sure OP is a troll. He complains about every enemy (including Warmonger...) and every master being overtuned, offers ten times more than they are worth for some very basic items etc. Maybe I'm just giving him too much credit for being troll tho.

Anyway, in case OP really isn't a troll, no, Xandro is not overtuned. He gets pretty damn nasty (as a melee) when you do him with damage mods in high maps but other than that if you're even somewhat geared, he is a complete pushover, especially after ggg rebalanced exiles' hp pools. I'd honestly say that the only exiles that could be considered even somewhat challenging/a bit overtuned are Minara Anemina and Magnus Stonethorn.

Like everyone has said in countless threads, your build is pretty bad, especially if you're still using the same gem/gear setup you posted on an earlier thread like a week ago, which tbh seemed even more trollish than your post(s) in this thread (view-thread/881816/page/8#p9305097). All these troubles you come across are nothing but the result of your own lack of skill, I'm sorry to say.

I feel like exiles are overall pretty well balanced atm.
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Nov 20, 2014, 12:47:43 AM
I dont see how xandro is a problem for melee builds.
he is only a big threat to evasion builds, as I think he has RT and his ground slam hurts you a lot then

so unless youre pure evasion and dont have physical mitigation...he shouldnt be that bad, at all
"
MIIKKAAA wrote:
Based on his way of writing and recent posts, I'm pretty sure OP is a troll. He complains about every enemy (including Warmonger...) and every master being overtuned, offers ten times more than they are worth for some very basic items etc. Maybe I'm just giving him too much credit for being troll tho.

Anyway, in case OP really isn't a troll, no, Xandro is not overtuned. He gets pretty damn nasty (as a melee) when you do him with damage mods in high maps but other than that if you're even somewhat geared, he is a complete pushover, especially after ggg rebalanced exiles' hp pools. I'd honestly say that the only exiles that could be considered even somewhat challenging/a bit overtuned are Minara Anemina and Magnus Stonethorn.

Like everyone has said in countless threads, your build is pretty bad, especially if you're still using the same gem/gear setup you posted on an earlier thread like a week ago, which tbh seemed even more trollish than your post(s) in this thread (view-thread/881816/page/8#p9305097). All these troubles you come across are nothing but the result of your own lack of skill, I'm sorry to say.

I feel like exiles are overall pretty well balanced atm.

I am NOT trolling, just making statement, and for the record, there is NO way you, or anyone else could know my build just from forum posts.
All you saw, was my gear, and gems, but that was not all of my gear, and has NOTHING to do with my build, nor my skill level at playing....
If YOU feel that exiles are well balanced, than more power to YOU, but I think they are poorly tuned myself.
Also, WHO is OP?? It's not me I am sure, although you seem to be aiming your comments at me. I have NOT complained about every enemy, and only said something about Warmonger because there was 2 of them together.
In any case, you WIN, I will stop posting anything here, so I do not have to keep being attacked by rabid 5 year old brats!!
Last edited by cortni on Nov 24, 2014, 2:18:44 PM
"
cortni wrote:
Also, WHO is OP?? It's not me I am sure,

OP = Original Post(er)
"
cortni wrote:
I am getting sick to death of Zana in my Hideout now....
I almost religiously abandon any of her timed missions because they seem near impossible to complete, but I do take her non-timed missions in the hopes that I will be able to complete them.
This includes the occasional, find the 10 lodestones missions, which I would have NO problem completing except that they almost ALWAYS have a Rogue Exile stuffed in there somewhere that is specifically set up to stop melee builds, and that makes me lose portals, which are already limited to begin with.
Tonight, I was running through the Pier, and had found 4 of 10 lodestones, and when I FINALLY found the 5th one there was Xandro Bloodrinker guarding it, along with like a million skeleton archers, and I don't know if you know, but Xandro is a NIGHTMARE for a melee build to fell.
Anyway, I lost a port when I first realized he was there, and ran up FULL SPRINT, and stun-locked me to death with that rapid fire ground slam thing he does, then when I came back in he was back to FULL HEALTH. Also, he relentlessly stuns you, making it near impossible to get anywhere near him to hit him without range.
So, after dying a second, and a third time to this creep, I finally abandoned the mission, but that is not the first time this has happened on these missions, and I have yet to come a cross a single one of them that does not have strategically placed exile to thwart your progress.
My question is, WHY GRIND GEAR, would it hurt you SOOOO bad for someone to be able to complete a master mission??
Otherwise, could I PLEASE get an exile that is possible for a melee character to defeat, and not one that is impossible to even approach, with apparently UNLIMITED mana??
Also, PLEASE make an exile that does NOT do life Regen, so that they are not constantly at full health!!

maybe Zana is not meant to be played by people with no game experience at all.. if you can't manage a simple exile you shouldn't play high maps in the first place and that's the exact reason why you aren't able to.. I don't find this unfair.
Quite the opposite actually
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Iluvatar_gr on Nov 25, 2014, 8:06:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info