How many hours left until the end fo Rampage?

It'll be in 30h from my post.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Why tell us what time it is then?

The GGG servers use a hash based on your current system time to encrypt your password. If you give someone your computer's current clock time, they can hack your account.

Never give anyone your time of day.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

The GGG servers use a hash based on your current system time to encrypt your password. If you give someone your computer's current clock time, they can hack your account.

Thats totally not how it works, unless you were incredbly accurate and on top of that accounted for latency when posting.

And even then it would be very very hard.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Pointless, but that doesn't change the fact that there is only one correct answer, and it's independent of OP's TZ.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Draqone wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Thats totally not how it works, unless you were incredbly accurate and on top of that accounted for latency when posting.

And even then it would be very very hard.

Actually, if it was asymmetrically encrypted, their server doesn't need to know the system time at all (the private key, used for encryption, is not the key used for decryption (in asymmetric encryption - in symmetric encryption, the encryption and decryption keys are the same)). If the system time is used as a seed value for the encryption, it's not necessarily needed to decrypt the data. In fact, it's not necessarily required that the server knows the decrypted password at all.

Cryptography is quite interesting and very complex...it's not as simple as "encrypted using variable x" means "having variable x = decrypted".
Last edited by Wruntjunior on Nov 19, 2014, 10:38:38 AM
Guys i just asked a question no need to explain the secrets of the universe :D
Thanks for the answers tho ! <3 peace
B-but...what was the answer?
If only they could put a league countdown timer on the on the event ladder page. This is about as far as I am going with this idea... so if someone else want to pursue it, go right ahead.
'Bout 3 fiddy
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
we don't know when "now" is for the purposes of this question. Him telling us the time in his timezone is insufficient to tell him the answer.

Read what he wrote, he asked in how many hours..
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info