[2.1] Dual Apep's Chaos Crit - Stapling Chaos to a Level 1 Spell (Draft Spark Totem tree up)

"
SirDragos wrote:
@stormfallen

Low-life (Shav's), evasion ES build with auras, lvl 1 gem.

Grace and Herald of Thunder on life. Discipline, Haste (or a Purity if the resist is tight), and Clarity on mana. Shav's, Voidbringer, a high ES helm/boots, and Auxium/Dream Fragments/Eye of Chayula (although losing amulet is rough, so maybe Lioneye's Paws is the way to go; Lightning Warp is VERY fast on this character with just LW-reduced duration). Pain Attunement is freaking HUGE here.

I'm very interested in this :)
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
I'm doing a low life hybrid version of this in the 1 month. Working pretty well atm. Gear:

Tree @ lvl 83: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAx4GIwceDH0NfA5ID6sQfxEPEVARlhZvFr8XLxmKGo8bJR0UHU8dqh9BJLAnqSj6KgstHy2DL281uUGWQqNGcUcGSVFLrkyzUDBTNVXWV8lcil3yXypfamNDZOdtGW-ecFJwu3DVdFV713_GgKSCx4MJidOOZI9Gj_qVIJUulwaboZu1oqOnK6yYrrO0DLVItvq748HzwzrEosaeykrQ9dkT2VvbXtvn34rfsOGI42rpAuq67Bjw1fLh8-r22vem99f56PrS-wn-ug==

Planned tree @ 96: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAx4GIwceDH0NfA5ID6sPxBB_EQ8RUBGWFm8WvxcvGYoajxslHRQdTx2qH0EksCepKPoqCy0fLYMvbzW5O3xBlkKjRnFHBklRS65Ms1AwUzVV1lfJXGtcil3yXypfamNDZOdtGW-ecFJwu3DVdFV3B3vXf8aApILHgwmESIcTidOOZI9Gj_qVIJUulwaboZu1nKSio6crrJius7QMtUi2-rjKuZO748HzwwnDOsNtxKLGnspK0PXZE9lb217b59-K37DhiONq6QLquuv17Bjw1fId8uHz6vba96b31_no-tL7Cf66

Planned to try on standard with lvl 20 gem without LL gem with:

So I've been playing around with a tree for low-life eva based level 1 FP.

Tree

Proposed Items (ignore gems socketed in the items)
Spoiler

High ES Tri res belt preferred. Maybe Dream Fragments? Could alternatively forgo shavs and stack 75% chaos resi in favor of this chest

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by lDantonl on Apr 7, 2015, 1:20:06 PM
I'm not a fan of low life with shav's without an es shield, shavs just have to low ES. Thats why i prefer hybrid for this one.

your tree is almost identical to mine, except i go down to Heart of the Oak to avoid having to use shitty lioneyes paws or shitty chayula. Will also add stun avoidance on my rare helm. then ill have about 82% chance to avoid stun.

Taking 20% crit chance instead of 2x 10% crit multi is also a very bad choice. Also Throatseeker > Reflexes.
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
Will also add stun avoidance on my rare helm.

How do you add stun avoidance on a helm? (sorry for ignorance)
"
lDantonl wrote:
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
Will also add stun avoidance on my rare helm.

How do you add stun avoidance on a helm? (sorry for ignorance)

lvl 5 pvp master
Looks very interesting, both of you. I think that once the new tree shakes out, I'd like to take another crack at low-life, lvl 1 FP.

I've been pretty unhappy in general with the lvl 20 build; honestly, I think that the damage bump is not worth losing effective reflect immunity and making your mana worse.

VERY EXCITED about the new jewel, Eldritch Knowledge. Currently at 5% increased Chaos damage per 10 INT in a medium radius. I think this will be very stong for the lvl 1 builds, as it seems that we can visit about 4-5 jewel slots that will benefit. Edit: On second thought, maybe the medium radius is too small to make this exciting: http://i.imgur.com/KaHT72B.jpg
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Apr 21, 2015, 12:06:48 PM
@SirDragos
I saw that new Eldritch Knowledge jewel and came right to this thread! I too will be doing a level 1 low life dual apeps on freezing pulse.

How does the nerf to GMP affect us?

EDIT: more increased chaos damage love:
Last edited by lDantonl on Apr 21, 2015, 2:44:34 PM
The shotgun nerf may appear at the moment to be really bad for us. However, I have not yet seen the gem data from FP and the multiple projectiles gem itself is actually better on a non-shotgun spell, so it is likely that even if FP is not reasonable to use with this, another spell will be. We already know that Apep's is pretty awful with the current iteration of Incinerate from its new 10% damage effectiveness. We'll see where other spells shake down. Glacial Cascade, Tendrils, Flame Surge, and especially Ice Spear have tested okay in the past. My guess is that another spell may work out to be better. The concept of a lvl 1 spell as a carrier for crit chaos is still viable; GC was already very good before.

Also, if you saw that jewel, how about this one?!?!
Doomed for Life
@sirdragos

Yeah i saw that jewel too! looks really strong. I agree with you on fp and gmp, maybe glacial cascade or ice spear is the correct route. Still way too early to decide, but i'm glad ggg is giving us some much needed chaos damage love!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info