why i'm dissapointed by the fragment change

fragments only being available from corrupted zones was a great boon to poor players. if they hit the wall and couldn't map or do dom split runs, they could farm corrupted zones for reliable profit till they could buy the gear to get over the wall.
this worked well because most people that wanted to buy fragments had much better things to do with their time than farming act3 for hours on end.

with the new change it's much simpler for high mappers and atziri farmers to generate a large amount of fragments. while this is great for some, i feel it makes it more difficult for new players to acquire the wealth needed to progress.

i haven't had to farm fragments since just before masters came out, but it would be nice if there was something unattainable in end game (like rhoa feathers) that had value to end game players.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Vaal orbs are still pretty hard to come by so I don't think the new change will have such a big impact in the long run tbh, at least not when farming corrupt zones still probably is more profitable.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Oh, they slightly rearranged the pyramidal structure.
"Fuck the poor" is the status quo that makes this world spin.
Retrain to an alt farmer? I's always been profitable.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 15, 2014, 5:47:43 AM
You actually want new players to farm a3m for fragments until they are driven to the brink of insanity and quit the game in disgust?

They should be mapping, leveling, and farming Atziri themselves with the fragments they find, not selling them for crumbs.

Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
You actually want new players to farm a3m for fragments until they are driven to the brink of insanity and quit the game in disgust?

They should be mapping, leveling, and farming Atziri themselves with the fragments they find, not selling them for crumbs.

You got it the other way round. He wants a3m fragment farming to stay profitable for low level players so they can map, level and farm Atziri sooner. Now fragment farming is less profitable so they have to farm even longer.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
with the new change it's much simpler for high mappers and atziri farmers to generate a large amount of fragments.

Not even close of being "much simpler" & "large amounts".

The pyramid market is not in danger. It's still cheaper to buy frags.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Have you tried vaal maps to see the drop's from bosses? I just did around 10 maps only found 1 midnight the rest were a couple of vaal spells
"
morbo wrote:

Not even close of being "much simpler" & "large amounts".

The pyramid market is not in danger. It's still cheaper to buy frags.

getting fragments from the maps you're already running for exp/drops is much simpler than sacrificing exp and drops to go farm frags.

plenty of ppl use corrupted maps to lvl already. (from about lvl89 on, everyone in my guild runs corrupted maps exclusively)
large amounts comes from everybody that already run corrupted maps generating a steady slow stream of frags that didn't exist before.

it's only cheaper to buy frags if atziri is all you do, if you already run corrupted maps, then there's no extra cost.

this change is in, and it's convenient for those that can take advantage of it. i just wish they add in something new for the plebes. maybe in 1.4
Worker-bees will find some new task to perform for their Queen. That's a constant in games like this.
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
would be nice if there was something unattainable in end game

That was the whole point these kids cried about for months till they got their free candy off of end game maps. They specifically did not like your idea. You should've spoken out about this and defend the old format much earlier.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Nov 15, 2014, 9:47:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info