Season Nine, Event 117: One Hour Endless Ledge

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still be able to receive reward points in Endless Ledge events.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Eye (Unique Golden Hoop) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 25: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 21-24: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 18-20: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 15-17: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 12-14: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 9-11: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 6-8: 1 Reward Point.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Fencoil Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Topaz Ring Item (25 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Pyre Unique Item (30 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Rumi's Concoction Unique Item (10 available to be won)
Please remove undying grapplers from these races. They're disproportionately powerful compared to any other monster including A3X ones and whether or not you survive is decided purely on whether you roll them before level 6. I say this as someone who has placed in many single digit ranks for ranger in EL this season - out of all deaths in the whole race seasonwide, I'd be fairly confident at least 85% of them were from undying grapplers.

If this format doesn't see changes for the next season I'm just going to boycott EL.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Please remove undying grapplers from these races. They're disproportionately powerful compared to any other monster including A3X ones and whether or not you survive is decided purely on whether you roll them before level 6. I say this as someone who has placed in many single digit ranks for ranger in EL this season - out of all deaths in the whole race seasonwide, I'd be fairly confident at least 85% of them were from undying grapplers.

If this format doesn't see hanges for the next season I'm just going to boycott EL.

how about the Elemental weakness from water elemental?
Last edited by 2i0 on Nov 20, 2014, 6:37:58 AM
"
2i0 wrote:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:

If this format doesn't see hanges for the next season I'm just going to boycott EL.

how about the Elemental weakness from water elemental?

That's pretty bad too but you can kite away from most of the monsters that will punish you during it. The main exception is blackguard arcmages, but they tend to come in small numbers and don't have a lot of hp. On the other hand, grapplers simply teleport and explode.
In a bad situation, I made a bad call and ran to my death
one of the few times where I'm the one at fault in endless ledge
3..2..1.. Go! Hey what great luck, a huge pack of blue archers right at the start!
... and dead! Whoops, serves me right for being cocky. Must be the quickest death in the race I reckon :)

A quick re-roll and did well up until Peperatus. Damn his wormy guts! Still, it was the last couple of minutes and I was just pushing forward as I achieved the level I was after. Death or glory! OK, death it is.

Was a bit slow to get started but one thing I didn't struggle with for a change was Alchemy Orbs. I think I found 4 of them all up and that's where most of my gear came from.
No topaz rings entire EL lol.. was nervewrecking getting into the higher level maps with dischargers in them. Zzz.

Spoiler

And lul:

IGN: DogeBerlin [Torment]
My Torment Shop! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1127155
Torment Atziri Service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1142958
Season 8 Race #17
Season 9 Race #4
Last edited by w0wsuchdoge on Nov 20, 2014, 7:05:51 AM
Dischargers prevented me from hitting 31. Was 2% away :D
Everything was fine:

Then zone with:
- jumping frog thingys
- lightning bitches from a3
- poison alchemists
- lightning alchemists or what is called that 12 lightning ball shit from SofGod
- and fkn teleporting DISCHARGERS ;'(

560hp one shot

Died 5 minutes in on my Scion - rerolled shadow and alched the +1 light scepter early on. Then I found a Goldrim, which made progressing a lot easier. Multiple element heavy zones with grapplers arc mages etc - which were now a complete joke. Managed to end up #7 overall, which shows the power of a lucky find like this.
Standard Alternative Art sale: /1241116
Hardcore Alternative Art sale: /1241123

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info