What are some fun Standard builds?

"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
What's "fun" ?

Magic Finding ?
massive AoE ?
single target high dps ?
Move Speed ?
lame ass skill optimization ? I'm looking at things like "spark", still viable and decent clear speed after all this time.
Make your own build ?
make an "everything on a map is possible" build ?

Personally I have my own build, using a couple skills that others frown on. Just dinged 92 and by no means am I no-life. I love it and find it fun because I'm a special snowflake...... Or you can always go and follow current meta whatever it may be.

I think you need to decide what "you" like to do, and how you like to play.

A buddy and I run death maps almost every night ( EST ). Feel free to hit me up and carry me through some 78's with that GG gear you have :) Me and buddy try to run highest % maps we can. Only option off limits is blood magic. Neither of us has gear worth a shit, he doesn't even have a 6L.

PS. When you decide what to do, try to keep in mind that gear is not a deciding factor in fun. The people you're with or you're own personality should guide you. You have the GG gear, and ability to buy whatever you want, so you probably realize this anyway.

Yeah, the point of this thread isn't like 'I'm just ran into 1000ex randomly so help me figure out to do with it.'

I'm just fishing for ideas of fun stuff to try. The only point of the budget was to limit what people suggest; on the one hand, true 'budget' builds don't appeal to me since they are generally not as strong, but on the other hand I can't go out and mirror multiple pieces of gear to run Fyndel's builds for instance.

I have at least one idea of my own that I will try as soon as the leagues merge. But I've only really played one build so far that felt good in late end-game that wasn't a dagger build, so I wanted to see what others felt was the most fun for them.
sent you a PM since the Nerf Police are probably watching this thread with interest.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Since you do have some goodies,

No to Arcane Archer
No to Incinerate
No to Melee unless serious crit AoE action (cast on crit or heavy Ground Slam/Reave)

Low-life Cast on Crit or Wander or Windreeper or Arcer is probs your best bet.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Nov 13, 2014, 3:14:23 PM
This is my character on stand, im pretty much immortall, apart from uber flameblast nothing can kill me

build for 94(remove endu charge and 3 5% life nodes for level 90):

10.2k life, almost 1k life regen per second, 85k tooltip cyclone.

Can kill anything, can tank anything, can do any map mods including reflect

Gear:
Spoiler

leveling this char is a breeze and its fun if you like cyclone
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Nov 14, 2014, 5:55:46 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Since you do have some goodies,

No to Arcane Archer
No to Incinerate
No to Melee unless serious crit AoE action (cast on crit or heavy Ground Slam/Reave)

Low-life Cast on Crit or Wander or Windreeper or Arcer is probs your best bet.

What's more fun with Windripper, CoC or elemental TS / Split Arrow?

I tried playing Wander til about 70 in Rampage but I didn't really dig it... maybe just cuz my gear wasn't good enough. Is it worth investing in a sick Wand?
"
SorakPoE wrote:
What's more fun with Windripper, CoC or elemental TS / Split Arrow?

I tried playing Wander til about 70 in Rampage but I didn't really dig it... maybe just cuz my gear wasn't good enough. Is it worth investing in a sick Wand?

Wander never really shines until level 90+, if you want to level with ES in Standard it's always a good idea to play a build with a shield so TS is slightly weaker on that front but if you dig TS it's pretty sick - definitely the most fun imho.

CoC is also sick for clear speed but depends if you can be bothered playing that build for so long. Since you're on Standard for a while, I recommend you do them all =)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Nov 13, 2014, 3:45:02 PM
self cast Spark made my day

http://youtu.be/6ohzEsoN0JY. ive never expected it to work but it.. does work very well. it is ofc built with crap gear (i have 2800hp!!) but aside from unlucky reflect nothing poses a threat. with good gear it can be seriously strong (video done with lvl16 gem..)

it is a 99% 71 map so nothing fancy - still, it is (for me) a very very fun build to play. is it hardcore etc viable or uber efficient? dont know nor care. but the potential is there. beats arc for me in the 'fun' department, thats for sure
Last edited by sidtherat on Nov 13, 2014, 5:11:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info