Mathil's FlameDab (Crit flameblast) Atziri & reflect/hc viable

"
zeldicx wrote:
Hi mates!

Why noone's pick "Retribution" node (new on templar area)?

I think its good! 16% spell dmg + 5% cs + 10 int/str for 1 point extra

Reason for that is spell damage isn't what flameblasters want. Ele/fire damage boosts the initial hit and burn damage of flameblast while spell damage only boosts the initial hit. On top of that this build doesn't use cast speed to play so the good looking passive doesn't give us much benefit.[/quote]

Thanks for the aclaration bro
Excited to play this build in the new league.

Am I right in assuming that in the 1.3 tree, a Shadow start makes more sense?
"
faraazahmed wrote:
Excited to play this build in the new league.

Am I right in assuming that in the 1.3 tree, a Shadow start makes more sense?

Shadow start is marginally better, yep.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Any tips for lvling around 45-50?

Everything kills me in 1 hit, I can't sustain AA. And my damage is complete shit.

Help :/ I'm just about to quit this character.
"
RXXQ wrote:

Everything kills me in 1 hit, I can't sustain AA. And my damage is complete shit.

I haven't played this spec before, but I'm leveling new character for this on Torment league. I'm at lvl 39 and everything goes very smoothly. Do you have +1 fire gems sceptre? I used vendor recipe to get that. Links are flameblast + ele prolif + chance to ignite.

I also use searing bond linked with increased burning damage.

I only use arctic armor on boss fights when I'm stationary for longer period.

For the tree, I have ignored crit and spell damge so far and hunted only life nodes.

Tree at lvl 39
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcHHgdjDkgRlhZvFr8abB8CJKomlS0fNsU26TpYRXxJUUyzVUtVxl3yYeJqQ2sXf8aD24w2lSCVLpeXnWOdrqKjpLGnCLQ4vOrAVMHzy73YJONq5RnljvDV-_U=
IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
Last edited by H_E_P_T_A on Dec 14, 2014, 9:27:49 AM
If I were to try this out in a new league (and could not afford a 5-link carcass jack), what would a good four link setup be?
"
If I were to try this out in a new league (and could not afford a 5-link carcass jack), what would a good four link setup be?

Op can answer that better than I do, but I would leave crit dmg out. My plan is to get Rime Gaze helmet as it has lvl 15 conc effect. Then you can have unlinked carcass jack with no pressure on links.
IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
"
H_E_P_T_A wrote:
"
RXXQ wrote:

I haven't played this spec before, but I'm leveling new character for this on Torment league. I'm at lvl 39 and everything goes very smoothly. Do you have +1 fire gems sceptre? I used vendor recipe to get that. Links are flameblast + ele prolif + chance to ignite.

I also use searing bond linked with increased burning damage.

I only use arctic armor on boss fights when I'm stationary for longer period.

For the tree, I have ignored crit and spell damge so far and hunted only life nodes.

Tree at lvl 39
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcHHgdjDkgRlhZvFr8abB8CJKomlS0fNsU26TpYRXxJUUyzVUtVxl3yYeJqQ2sXf8aD24w2lSCVLpeXnWOdrqKjpLGnCLQ4vOrAVMHzy73YJONq5RnljvDV-_U=

Thanks, I tried a few other things but I feel like this build is one of those "This will suck until lvl 68" kind of build. I would've liked some warning, somewhere.

I hope this build improves soon ;_; I'm starting to wonder if I should make something else ):
Last edited by RXXQ on Dec 14, 2014, 10:15:30 PM
I play on Torment, started as Shadow. For leveling I grabbed Lightning Tendrils (2,4k DPS at lvl 56) and Fire Trap (1,1k DPS). Taking all crit nodes along the way. Had no problem leveling, everything burns/shocks quickly especially if I crit.

My links are:

Flameblast+Inc Crit Chance+Ele Prolif (on +1 to fire dagger) -- has 34,8% chance crit
Light Tendrils+Light Pen+Life Leech+Inc Crit Damage -- has 28,4% chance crit
Fire Trap+Inc Burn Damage+Added Lightning
Herald of Thunder+curse on hit+assassin's mark

Only thing that kills me usually is ele reflect mobs, my resists are low atm.

Gear

Entropy (increased damage over time) is a good idea for this build? 27% is a huge damage to ignite.
Tx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info