[1.2.4] Jddogg's Sith Lord (Lightning Tendril noncrit, max spellblock)

"
sherkhan wrote:
This doesn't look like fire trap, nor does it look like non-crit EK.

What am I missing?

Maybe ill end up releasing those ones later too after i rewrite them :P
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

^
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."

Thanks for the writeup and chat about the build!
One of the best budget builds I seen. Love max spell blocking and this has good deeps too. Hope you get BOTW.
Git R Dun!
thanks for the kind words :]

This looks like a fun build!

As a new player to POE I have a couple of questions...

Is it new player viable?
Do I need lots of gear or currency to get going with this build?
As I am new to the skill tree, could you give a brief description of which nodes you went for an in what order please? It looks a bit daunting!!

Thank you! :)
"
Wozmon wrote:
This looks like a fun build!

As a new player to POE I have a couple of questions...

Is it new player viable?
Do I need lots of gear or currency to get going with this build?
As I am new to the skill tree, could you give a brief description of which nodes you went for an in what order please? It looks a bit daunting!!

Thank you! :)

I would say yes its very new player viable. Playstyle is very very easy. You literally just hold right click, no need for other spells, curses. None of that. Just hold right click.

As far as gear or currency to get going, NOPE!. Grab a cybils paw for 1c or so, grab a rime gaze (should be about 1c as well?) grab a lazhwar necklace, 1-5c? i think. Then save for a rathpith shield, it will be about an exalt.
For as far as this build can progress the investment needed is very minimal.

As far as the skill tree i basically started as Witch, went for the Thunder wheel at the top first, then hit EB, then went for the templar area and finished the witch area. I finished up in the shadow area as its mainly added dps.

Thank you for your reply!

I shall start this build later today :)
I am thinking of using this build ( I might vary it a bit for my taste ) for the new up coming SC league. Played a Evasion tornado ranger in Rampage so and was looking at the tendrils and wanting to try it out. Thanks for the build.

Would you think this is easily viable to start out with on a new league, and get into maps ( at least low lvl ) maps right away? The cybil's would or should be fairly easy to obtain shortly after league starting. The shield quite a bit harder as it would probably be quite expensive for awhile. Also any thoughts on making some kind of COC with this somehow as well? Thanks for any input.

EDIT: After reading and researching some more, it seems with LT non crit is the way to go. I think I will follow your build almost exactly the same in the new league.
Last edited by xssarinx on Nov 19, 2014, 3:15:49 PM
"
xssarinx wrote:
I am thinking of using this build ( I might vary it a bit for my taste ) for the new up coming SC league. Played a Evasion tornado ranger in Rampage so and was looking at the tendrils and wanting to try it out. Thanks for the build.

Would you think this is easily viable to start out with on a new league, and get into maps ( at least low lvl ) maps right away? The cybil's would or should be fairly easy to obtain shortly after league starting. The shield quite a bit harder as it would probably be quite expensive for awhile. Also any thoughts on making some kind of COC with this somehow as well? Thanks for any input.

EDIT: After reading and researching some more, it seems with LT non crit is the way to go. I think I will follow your build almost exactly the same in the new league.

Definately extremely easy to start a fresh league with. I will be doing the same thing myself, as my goal is to get to 75+ maps ASAP. I feel this build will achieve this goal pretty efficiently.

COC doesn't work with tendrils though, because it's a sort of channeled spell (it channels 4 hits each cast)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info