[1.2.4] Jddogg's Sith Lord (Lightning Tendril noncrit, max spellblock)

Hello all! Finally i got off my lazy ass and decided to do a writeup on my latest tendril build! I will be updating the guide as i go along so hang tight with me :P

My build is set up with EB/AA/max spell block/60% attack block as the basics and i also chose to go the non crit route. I went for cast speed/aoe/lightning damage instead. The reason most builds go crit is for status ailments. Luckily with tendrils it casts at a base speed of .2 per hit. (.8 split 4 times) so it is extremely easy to apply shock with even just 20% shock chance.

I know what you all came to see so we will get to that first, the clear speed videos.
I managed to clear the Gorge in 3:20, even though i stopped to do a vagan quest.
I cleared the Palace in 5:13, including the boss. These were both just first attempts, i didn't keep trying for faster times, just wanted to give a quick idea.
The full atziri run was done in 8:35.

Also i know the quality for the videos suck for some reason. I guess i didn't mess with the settings when making the videos. Will eventually record some better quality ones, but you get the idea.

Lvl 74 Gorge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhB9z7WnXI&list=UUjiM-dVHvs6iN2C1fznp58A

Lvl 78 Palace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY_mjKoWz1U&list=UUjiM-dVHvs6iN2C1fznp58A

Atziri Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuH-HDPOXQ&feature=youtu.be

Stats

Level: 91
Health: 4,226
Mana: 2,893 (325 unreserved)
Mana Regen: 250
Dps: 52k, 65k+ w/ vaal haste up (near perma)
Aoe Radius: 78%
Cast Speed Increase: 69%
Block/Spellblock: 62/74
Resistances: 75/75/75, Chaos -12% (75/75/79 on reflect maps)
Auras: Herald of Thunder, Haste, Clarity, Tempest Shield

Passives

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwVbBukHHgelCPQOSBBYEQ8RlhOeFE0UsBXnFm8WvxbzGmwegR8CJKomPCaVJ2ErDSycL50yNDY9NsU26TpYPAU9X0JLRtdJUUmyS41MLUyzT31RYFJTVUtVxl3GXfJgbWHiYqxqQ2yMbRlzs3YRfjN-WX6vfuJ_xoBWghCCHoM4g9uFxYuMjDaNGZUul5WX9J2Anaqdrp_fogCio6SRpwiplayYtMW1BMBUwfPYJNlf2t3bC92M3fPfit-w377gEuNq44TkIuTs5wvvfPBr8NXzvvrS_xw=

My basic goal with the build was to get at least 4k life, as much aoe radius as i could get, attain max spell block, and get as much cast speed as i could get along the way.

The reason i valued cast speed so much was because the cast speed will increase dps and also survivability due to using cybils. More attacks faster = more healed. Also if you hit faster it becomes easier to apply shock stacks with minimal shock %.

There is still alot of good nodes that i am right next to that can be grabbed if you progress past level 90. You could also make the choice to drop a block or life cluster for more dps. Or vice versa. The pathing leaves it very open to minor modifications to ones own playstyle, so feel free to do so!

Bandits:
Normal: Oak (life)
Cruel: Alira (cast speed) Could also kill all here for passive point, up to you.
Merciless: Kill all (passive point)

Gear/Gem List

Mouseover items to see the gem combos i'm using. Please don't laugh at my increased aoe gem. I got rekt and haven't had time to fix it :P

Less pricey itemizing: a 6l is not necessary for this build in any way. You can use a Rime gaze unique helmet to 5l your tendrils, or you can use a 5l carcass jack.
Level 22 AA is also not necessary if you can't obtain a empower 3. Level 18+ will do just fine because you have block doing most of the defensive work.

Hardcore Adaptability/Reflect map changeups: Switch the empower 3 gem in tendril links with a life leech gem, switch haste aura with purity of lightning. Also if you're on hardcore or just want to be some sort of super tank, switch carcass jack chest with belly of the beast.

Flasks

When leveling, until you get your block up to around 50% or so, Switch my 5th flask with a Rumi's if possible.

Pros vs Cons

Pros:
-Cheap to get to endgame (5 ex or less)
-Easily adaptable to your preferences
-Easy to start a new league with (items needed very available early on)
-Insane map clear speed
-Very safe
-Hold right click to win. Literally.
-Can kill atziri with ease
-A force to be reckoned with in PvP

Cons:
-Reflect maps can potentially get scary if you hit a huge pack, single target it doesn't hurt at all.
-Corrupting blood is a killer. Pay attention for it and hit that seething flask ASAP.
-Itemizing for dexterity can be tricky. Thank god for master crafting.
-Somewhat vulnerable to desync because of how lightning tendrils works.
-High mana cost

"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

Last edited by calirosin on Nov 30, 2014, 8:24:28 AM
FIRST

Build raid time, man this build is so whacks lawls man gawd

JK =P <3 the Jddogg.
Last edited by SuohKami on Nov 9, 2014, 6:12:10 PM
Now you too can be a Sith lord.
How does Herald of Ice compare to Haste for DPS?
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Haste certainly beats it. I tried herald of ice first.

Like i said above cast speed is going to increase survivability while using a cybils as well.

Also the run speed increase from haste is great.
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."

Just curious, but if you throw a leveled ball lightning in there how does it compare? Like what is your tooltip/clear speed?
"
todayschaos wrote:
Just curious, but if you throw a leveled ball lightning in there how does it compare? Like what is your tooltip/clear speed?

Ball lightning is slower clear speed.

I plan builds around lvl 80. Do you recommend venturing into Templar or shadow tree first (after getting all block nodes)?
IGN SC Tal: Righteous_Will
what is best 5 link
"
osvg wrote:
I plan builds around lvl 80. Do you recommend venturing into Templar or shadow tree first (after getting all block nodes)?

Would venture into templar area first and finish off with the shadow area.

"
BearsAreBrown wrote:
what is best 5 link

Just remove the empower 3 for the 5 link.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info