[SOLVED] MapChunk Errors after PackCheck & new Content.ggpk

"
tramshed wrote:
"
Giniyo wrote:

guess this ends my HC experience.. rip HCPoe

Spoiler

No offense, but you are either lieing, or your your machine is full of fuckware.
That error pretty much only happens on 32bit systems. On 64bit ones they can swap to the hd and pretend its ram. Even if they dont have enough ram. So good luck with your problem, next time tell the truth.

Disabling the swapfile on a memory starved system will make it worse, not better. Do you even know what you are doing?

Assholery, but true.

lmao

just to reply the way you did you probably didnt even read the whole thread or my posts
the pagefile was being used before even half of my ram was and yes ive read about it and for 8gb ram or more and a ssd its recommended

and for everyone else actually being able to solve this (so far no problems since disabling pagefile) read previous posts for "the truth" about my system, wtf.
---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 1906180096 Size: 15114620
OK

Exception
"Metadata/NPC/Missions/Hideout/StrDexInt.ao": Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 1906180096 Size: 15114620
OK

Exception
"Metadata/NPC/Missions/Hideout/StrDexInt.ao": Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 1906180096 Size: 15114620
OK

Exception
OK

these errors this time
Because it's always the same error every time and the same offsets, I think your issue might be more with the loading of the data.

Have you ran a chkdsk?

Can you find the Content.ggpk file, copy it to the same folder, delete the old one, then rename the new one to Content.ggpk?
thx drakier for all help, i also mailed support and got different things i might try

atm no errors since ive turned off the pagefile (which my system shouldnt have a problem with anyways)

gonna level another char til rampage ends to see if the error really is gone
I'm seriously thinking you have HDD corruption.. but only time and more testing will tell.
1week race is over and i actually had no game crashes :) it seems it really was my creative usb soundcard i plugged in and "--softwareaudio" helped

thumbs up for ggg support, drakier & co. !
Having the same error messages and crashes after a playing for a short time.

It happens on my 32-bit Windows XP and also my 32-bit Windows 7 system. It seems to take longer before crashing on XP. In my case, it only seems to be delayed by disabling the sound card, but the crash still occurs.

"
Khalixxa wrote:

It happens on my 32-bit Windows XP and also my 32-bit Windows 7 system. It seems to take longer before crashing on XP. In my case, it only seems to be delayed by disabling the sound card, but the crash still occurs.

This error is predominately ram related either by OS or physical ram installed(like a 95% chance of it being one of those)

You'll see it happen less often on XP because XP dosen't take as much ram as win 7
(think it was like 500mb for the OS on XP and 1.5 gig on Win7)...go to the stickies and use the recommended fixes or upgrade
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"

See here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/108634/page/1
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Last edited by Emjayen on Dec 6, 2014, 9:01:54 PM
The fixes only delay the crash.

My system easily meets the minimum requirements to play Path of Exile, and can play other games that are far more demanding.

This seems to be a flaw with the game client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info