Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[Video Guide] 1.3 Reave/Vaal Reave Crit Dagger Ranger 21k DPS Build - The Angry Woman [HC/SC Viable]

i've been playing around with different setups for this build, and found out, that Abyssus pretty much doubles my tooltip dps (goes from 22k to 40k w/o power charges, goes to around 50+k with all power charges), and that is alot more, than herald of ash gives me (from wearing Alpha's Howl). Now obvious drawback is increased phys dmg you take, so im thinking instead of going through Reflexes into True Strike, Hired Killer and Harrier (12 points total), to go into Sentinel, Vaal Pact and Constitution(8 points). i still need more lvls to get there, but i have a feeling that abyssus will still give me more dmg than herald of ash + true strikes + harrier, and with vaal pact and extra life from sion health wheel, ill be pretty safe, and if i still feel squishy, i can go with warlord's mark for extra life leech and perma-max duration immortal call, since ill have 3 endurance charges all the time... also not having herald of ash frees 4-link, since you can just put reduced mana, grace, hatred in weapon/shield. Personaly i prefer curse on hit with attack skill (spectral throw+GMP ot lightning strike+GMP), since we have excellent attack speed, and this way cursing enemies wont take away as much dps-time. Still need more testing to be done, and im pretty new to this whole build-optimizing thing, so any advise will be appreciated.
using a relatively similar build with my shadow, but as CI
for shadow it's easier to go CI and reach all the ES nodes in the witch area and still benefit from all the crit nodes.

current crit chance 77%, crit multi 970%, tooltip dps 140k. leeching via vaal pact and atziri viable

assassins mark is better imho too when u have a big enough crit chance. for overkill get a dual curse item and use both ;)
ig: rokki_xXx
"
felixsimon wrote:
i've been playing around with different setups for this build, and found out, that Abyssus pretty much doubles my tooltip dps (goes from 22k to 40k w/o power charges, goes to around 50+k with all power charges), and that is alot more, than herald of ash gives me (from wearing Alpha's Howl). Now obvious drawback is increased phys dmg you take, so im thinking instead of going through Reflexes into True Strike, Hired Killer and Harrier (12 points total), to go into Sentinel, Vaal Pact and Constitution(8 points). i still need more lvls to get there, but i have a feeling that abyssus will still give me more dmg than herald of ash + true strikes + harrier, and with vaal pact and extra life from sion health wheel, ill be pretty safe, and if i still feel squishy, i can go with warlord's mark for extra life leech and perma-max duration immortal call, since ill have 3 endurance charges all the time... also not having herald of ash frees 4-link, since you can just put reduced mana, grace, hatred in weapon/shield. Personaly i prefer curse on hit with attack skill (spectral throw+GMP ot lightning strike+GMP), since we have excellent attack speed, and this way cursing enemies wont take away as much dps-time. Still need more testing to be done, and im pretty new to this whole build-optimizing thing, so any advise will be appreciated.

Abyssus is insane and if you play in a softcore league then by all means go for it. In hardcore I still feel like it is too much of a disadvantage :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
If any of you guys have questions towards the build and would like me to answer them in person, then come to my twitch stream on http://www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro/

:)
In case anybody is wondering, then yes - this build is very viable for the 1-week race :)

It should be said however that getting a really good dagger will obviously be the main challenge for such a short league.
redacted in order to celebrate 1.3
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Last edited by WIKARINA on Dec 12, 2014, 1:10:03 PM
"
Abyssus is insane and if you play in a softcore league then by all means go for it. In hardcore I still feel like it is too much of a disadvantage :)

The best way to negate Abyssus is to get a Lightning Coil. They basically cancel each other out - with a low roll on Abyssus you'll actually still take less damage. Then again, Coil is expensive in HC.

Personally, I thought about going that way for my Crit Reaver, but then I opted for BoR/Lazhwar/Rathpith instead. Spellblock is insane (suck it, Evangelists and Weaver), and the Char ended up ridiculously tanky while still doing decent DPS (~45k).

In general, Block mixes extremely well with Eva/Acro.
Actually, what's the reason you're not going for maxblock, especially in HC?
If you pick up the Command of Steel/Wall of Thorns clusters (most likely instead of going for Harrier/True Strike) you can get to 75% with Tempest Shield on Crest of Perandus (and with Rainbowstrides and a Stone of Lazhwar, you could theoretically have some spellblock, too. Mhhm, delicious spellblock...).
Of course, it does take a toll on your Evasion rating or damage...

I also notice you're not picking up much in the way of extra accuracy. How's your chance to hit? I had to pick up some nodes (Brutal Efficiency and Depth Perception) on my Char to keep it at acceptable levels.
Thanks for sharing this and other HC viable builds, LNB. How do you (or others) think it will fare in 1.3? I know they will fine-tune things up until release, but is there any early indication? The possible acrobatics change has me wondering.
"
pajamaz wrote:
Thanks for sharing this and other HC viable builds, LNB. How do you (or others) think it will fare in 1.3? I know they will fine-tune things up until release, but is there any early indication? The possible acrobatics change has me wondering.

My pleasure mate! I think the build, even with the nerf to block will still be very viable. Having more focus on getting enough evasion on gear will be required though.
THE BUILD HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR PATCH 1.3.

Keynotes:

- The build still deals tons of damage, that remains unchanged.
- The build is still very tanky, but not AS tanky as before the block changes.

I would still suggest you guys watch my old 1.2 video to see the build in action and to get a better understanding of how it works. The new skill-trees have been uploaded in this post.

If you notice any typos or mistakes, please let me know - I am updating a lot of builds today and things are a little hectic ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info