[Video Guide] 1.3 Reave/Vaal Reave Crit Dagger Ranger 21k DPS Build - The Angry Woman [HC/SC Viable]

THIS BUILD HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR PATCH 1.3!

Check out my 1.2 build video-guide. Although outdated this video will explain the details and help you get a better understanding of how this character works as well as showing in-game footage of how the build performs.

The video can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOW_i4G4Wbs&list=UU8tUILPcQ2y58pbumazRayA

If you have any questions about the build, come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:
http://www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro/ :)

What's up my exiles!?
This is my "official" Crit Reave/Vaal Reave Dagger Ranger build thread. Reave/Vaal reave is soo much fun and incredibly powerful. Additionally it is very solid compared to the currency you have to invest into it.

At level 82 I currently boast about 21.000 DPS, 9,1 attacks per second, 69% critical strike chance and 350% crit multiplier. Needless to say, this build deals a lot of damage!

This build is capable of running end-game 78 maps!

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. This build is designed for new players but also veterans to the game who wants a fun and effective/powerful build that will be able to farm end-game (78+ maps) content with relative ease.

2. Players who seek a simple and easy build to understand and play.

3. Fans of daggers and semi-ranged abilities/skills

4. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

5. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide linked to it.

Build mechanic introductions:

In short this build utilizes the aura Grace, Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics, Ondar's guile and smart use of flasks. The finished build has a total of 165% increased total maximum life. That combined with Reave being a semi-ranged attack skill makes this build very tanky and safe.

Since we have so much evasion/dodge, reflect damage has so far not been a problem.

Skill-gems and setups?:

1. For your main attack you will be using Reave linked with Multistrike, Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks and Power Charge On Crit (+ added fire damage if you have a 6-link)

If you only have a 4-link I suggest leaving out Power Charge on Crit.

2. For the secondary attack we are using Vaal Reave linked with Multistrike, Faster Attacks and Increased Area of Effect.

3. For additional defences we incorporate Cast When Damage Taken linked with Enduring Cry, Increased Duration and Immortal Call.

For farming level 75+ maps I have found that I prefer my CWDT to be leveled as such. CWDT level 10, Enduring Cry level 11, Increased Duration 20/max and Immortal Call 10.

4. For auras we will be running Grace and Hatred linked with Reduced Mana. Additionally if you get yourself an Alpha's Howl and a high level Reduced mana gem you can add in Herald of Ash

5. For extra mobility and attack prowess we are using Whirling Blades linked Faster Attacks and Blood Magic.

6. Our curse of choice is Assassins Mark and it is linked with Increased Area of Effect and Blood Magic.

Passive Skill-tree:

114 point full, finished build:

Leveling skill trees:

33 passive skill-points:

68 passive skill-points:

92 passive skill-points:

Bandit Quest Rewards
- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life
- Cruel : Help Oak for 18% increased Physical damage
- Merciless: Help Alira for +1 to maximum power charges

Gearing and stat priorities

When you are resistance capped, this is the stats you should aim for

For defence: (Number 1 being the most important and number 5 the least important)

1. Life
2. Evasion
3. Chaos resistance
4. Dexterity/strength/intelligence

For offence:

1. Increased Physical Damage%
2. Increased Critical Strike Chance/Critical Strike Multiplier%
3. Increased Attack Speed%
4. Additional Accuracy

This is my current gear:

Awesome additional, but not required uniques that greatly benefits this build:

COMING LATER - For now refer to the video

The above information serves as a rough guideline to get you started with the build. I recommend watching my video-guide, especially if you are new to the game, in the video I will explain some of the skills and how they work and you will be able to see the build in action.

The 1.2 video-guide can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOW_i4G4Wbs&list=UU8tUILPcQ2y58pbumazRayA

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have :)

Anyway, thank you for reading/watching guys!

Stay safe!

Kind Regards
Lifting
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Dec 12, 2014, 8:03:53 AM
If you see any typos or such, please let me know :)
Hi! Can this build be good on diffrent classes, e.g. Shadow?
why not just spend 2 points and grab mind drinker? this way u arent stuck using wurms molt. also if u find a mana leech ring/gloves u can just spec out of it. wouldnt that be better?

"
godhand456 wrote:
why not just spend 2 points and grab mind drinker? this way u arent stuck using wurms molt. also if u find a mana leech ring/gloves u can just spec out of it. wouldnt that be better?

Because Wurm's Molt provides both strength and intelligence (which this build needs to level up skill gems) as well and I prefer not to have to spend these two points on mind drinker. It is however a viable option if one prefers that :)
"
Sol_Mayers wrote:
Hi! Can this build be good on diffrent classes, e.g. Shadow?

Shadow could potentially work. I find the ranger more optimal though :)
Did you consider running poacher's mark instead of assassin's? I noticed, that at higher lvl maps, my chance to hit goes to about 80%, so less evasion on monsters is quite useful, since i dont want to miss every 5th attack. Yes, i lose 9% crit chance and ~35% crit multiplier, but 15% attack speed from frenzy charges compensate for it somewhat (not to mention, i dont miss every 5th time, which increases my dps drastically) Also with 9+ attacks per second, if you surrounded bu 10 cursed monsters, youll be getting 900+ life per second instantly, as opposed to life leech, which is capped at 20% of your max life. Needless to say, that it increases survivability by ALOT. Overall i didnt notice any change to my clear speed, while noticing big improvement to survivability. So i wanted to hear the reasoning behind choosing assassin's mark instead.
Meget bra build mr bro:) Bra youtube videoer du har også! Fortsett med det :) Cheers
"
felixsimon wrote:
Did you consider running poacher's mark instead of assassin's? I noticed, that at higher lvl maps, my chance to hit goes to about 80%, so less evasion on monsters is quite useful, since i dont want to miss every 5th attack. Yes, i lose 9% crit chance and ~35% crit multiplier, but 15% attack speed from frenzy charges compensate for it somewhat (not to mention, i dont miss every 5th time, which increases my dps drastically) Also with 9+ attacks per second, if you surrounded bu 10 cursed monsters, youll be getting 900+ life per second instantly, as opposed to life leech, which is capped at 20% of your max life. Needless to say, that it increases survivability by ALOT. Overall i didnt notice any change to my clear speed, while noticing big improvement to survivability. So i wanted to hear the reasoning behind choosing assassin's mark instead.

Poachers Mark is a viable option, however from testing I definitely felt Assassins's Mark was superior in terms of clear speed. At least with 60+ crit chance.

If you prefer Poachers Mark then there is nothing wrong with that though :)
"
Brandsvoll wrote:
Meget bra build mr bro:) Bra youtube videoer du har også! Fortsett med det :) Cheers

Thanks a lot mate :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info