DanAbnormal wrote:
"
DWolvin wrote:
"
OminancE wrote:
Give that guy a beta account, then ban him once he logs in. :D

Nice!

I agree!

But this raises another idea that may or may not help the way things are going.

Many people are frustrated at having to wait... I won't lie, I am one of them. The fact that people have likely set up numerous email accounts to flood the applicant pool is fairly certain. If logging into multiple email accounts is something someone is willing to do for a shot at the closed beta, why not make it harder for them?

Lotto is a lot of fun and the rewards can be huge, but you guarantee yourself not winning by not playing. If everyone got a key, every day, that may or may not work, it would literally force the applicant to try the key. People that created an account a ways back and lost interest would receive this email and it may bring them back into discussion as they tried their key. People actively browsing the forums will likely try their keys as they appear.

The drawback would be the guy/gal that made 30 or more email accounts to increase their chances as now they would have to not only monitor, but also go through the process of logging in and checking each and every key.

I dunno... I'm no computer wizz or anything, but I thought it was an interesting concept.

give us it
DanAbnormal

This actually is an interesting concept, and very close to something I proposed a while back. I don't think it's worthwhile at this juncture, but I do think that engaging the person in question moreso in the activation of the account is a good thing.

While I don't think the best idea is to send people fake beta keys :P I do think that forcing them to do something on a regular basis would become too burdensome for someone with multiple accounts... and not really burdensome at all for a person with a single account.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Slicer wrote:
Dan, a solution that rages the fuck out of everyone else is not a solution.

Going to agree with Zeto in that I doubt it would rage anyone using a single email account.

give us it
DanAbnormal
All generalizations are false.
Apparently I wasn't special enough to get a scam PM =[
I am not a female, but I really wish I was. <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info