Codename AKFlubby: Results of pushing Ripper up to +1 arrow, .. 140k gmp ts and still room ..

"
Lanfear88 wrote:

My ultimate goal is to run pure MF without the BM gem as well utilizing the -8 reduced mana jewellry if i can ever roll some good ones. WIth a +1 arrow quiver i reckon i can afford running LMP for less mana multiplier. item rarity, item quantity, LMP, TS, WED, LL translates to about 27 mana per cast, and with good jewellry i could go down to 3 mana per cast with good DPS and very good MF.

one last note on that mf part: after trying to get that full mf allways going my conclusion is that its not worth it. u are imho way better of to do a ful dps 6link and run a rarity quant culling barrage for the bosses.

it might be different on a solo setup but even there double the killspeed usually beats having bit more quant and rarity on half the kills. in groups it definetly was noticeable when i actually killed like 30-40% of the whites/blues compared to just hitting the stuff but not getting any kills on em (cant really cull blues white and often not even rares in decent grps so actually killing em urself is overall more effective imho).
Ingame @FlubbyEverywhere domination or @Flubbyy default
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
"
Flubby wrote:
"
Lanfear88 wrote:

My ultimate goal is to run pure MF without the BM gem as well utilizing the -8 reduced mana jewellry if i can ever roll some good ones. WIth a +1 arrow quiver i reckon i can afford running LMP for less mana multiplier. item rarity, item quantity, LMP, TS, WED, LL translates to about 27 mana per cast, and with good jewellry i could go down to 3 mana per cast with good DPS and very good MF.

one last note on that mf part: after trying to get that full mf allways going my conclusion is that its not worth it. u are imho way better of to do a ful dps 6link and run a rarity quant culling barrage for the bosses.

it might be different on a solo setup but even there double the killspeed usually beats having bit more quant and rarity on half the kills. in groups it definetly was noticeable when i actually killed like 30-40% of the whites/blues compared to just hitting the stuff but not getting any kills on em (cant really cull blues white and often not even rares in decent grps so actually killing em urself is overall more effective imho).

I play 95% solo since group play in this game sucks imo, so i should in theory still oneshot stuff, at least if i can craft decent jewellry. Regarding the skill point, yea you are right, i just recently made some changes and had to remove something, its the next point im taking ;p Another benefit from your build if you wanna go full MF is that you can maybe more reliably keep up div distillate? Its basically impossible to keep it up reliably with BM.
"
Lanfear88 wrote:

I play 95% solo since group play in this game sucks imo, so i should in theory still oneshot stuff, at least if i can craft decent jewellry. Regarding the skill point, yea you are right, i just recently made some changes and had to remove something, its the next point im taking ;p Another benefit from your build if you wanna go full MF is that you can maybe more reliably keep up div distillate? Its basically impossible to keep it up reliably with BM.

i tried around with divination a lot and what kills it is vaal pact not bloodmagic. i reserve shitloads of mana (only hav 90 of 1,9k open) so running on mana didnt really work. if u feel like u can kick a herald (solo that shouldnt be aproblem) uand fine tune the mana regen and leech to a point where you just almost counter regen then u could make it work yes. What does work easier though is using a 5l culling link with bloodmagic that uses more life then diviniation regens and don't link life leech.

i did that a while for bosses also occasionally activated bloodrage and used a lower mana consumption link, allthough in the end i found it to cumbersome to do all that shit just to get divination active.
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
Last edited by Flubby on Jan 27, 2015, 2:15:13 AM
"
Flubby wrote:
"
Lanfear88 wrote:

i tried around with divination a lot and what kills it is vaal pact not bloodmagic. i reserve shitloads of mana (only hav 90 of 1,9k open) so running on mana didnt really work. if u feel like u can kick a herald (solo that shouldnt be aproblem) uand fine tune the mana regen and leech to a point where you just almost counter regen then u could make it work yes. What does work easier though is using a 5l culling link with bloodmagic that uses more life then diviniation regens and don't link life leech.

i did that a while for bosses also occasionally activated bloodrage and used a lower mana consumption link, allthough in the end i found it to cumbersome to do all that shit just to get divination active.

Yea i know lol. I used arctic armor on my domi culler to keep it up. it is tedious tho in general mapping. Think i will just follow your advice and roll with a culling 5L and pop divi. best setup for links? I played around with ele hit to try and get freezed bosses but it just doesnt work at all.
regarding the culling: barrage worked good, ele hit or frnezy if u need higher consuption.

Regarding the capping on life: i did a quick test on the specc lined out above and i reach like 76k with added cold 80 with fa and go beyond 100k with +1 +1 lmp shenigans. Double foe eye, +1 non legacy malis, mediocre amulet ,okaish non legacy quiver, and no lvl 21 wrath and lvl 96 (allthough the 4 points should probably go into a bit more life for a decentt 4,8k instead of 4,4k buffer). SO even on life u could go for 115-120 fully capped out which is tbh kind of suprising to me atm.
"
Flubby wrote:
"
Flubby what's your damage after crit nerf?

havent tested it tbh but sinc eim allready getting 55k on a life based ripper with not a single l21 aura or anything id call decent dps jewleryquiver and no +1+1 i doubt that a ot has changed ...

You mind showing your life based gear and tree? i cant afford shav yet so would be really nice :)
"
Hamza22 wrote:
"
Flubby wrote:
"
Flubby what's your damage after crit nerf?

havent tested it tbh but sinc eim allready getting 55k on a life based ripper with not a single l21 aura or anything id call decent dps jewleryquiver and no +1+1 i doubt that a ot has changed ...

You mind showing your life based gear and tree? i cant afford shav yet so would be really nice :)

i just did that like 4 posts above your request ...

oh im retarded :D thanks
How much does the 6th link add? Because I'm sitting at around 25.5k GMP atm with this tree.
No charges, 19 anger/wrath, 18,19/20q heralds

Gear

Other gear

Need to get WED on my other ring and amulet.

Update
Bought these for 5 ex 30c ..
1 ex 30c
4 ex
Not sure if it was worth it but w/e. Now at 29k gmp.
Got a ilvl 77 but
not feeling rich enough to craft T1 wed, not feeling well about YOLO exalting either as I failed many of them.
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on Feb 6, 2015, 3:47:00 PM
Flubby wanted me to post my findings pushing the es version on standard. After the nerf to crit and crit multi in the tree, the mortal conviction nerf, as well the nerf to the crit multi gem my overall dps dropped significantly. I was into the 120k dps range w/o foe eye and now my dps is sitting around 80k with foe eye post nerfs.

Gear

Stun Immunity
The main difference between my build and Flubby's is the use of an eye for stun immunity. This has massive drawbacks dps wise as equipping a top tier crit ammy with leg crit multi gives me almost 30k dps, but after leveling a character high into the 90s without stun immunity and dying multiple times to stun I don't play builds without it.

Crit Multi Gem
Even though the crit multi gem does give me more sheet dps I prefer increased crit to keep my flasks up. In turn this makes the build much easier to play.

Power Charges
I'm going to mess with alternative ways of generating power charges (coh w/ hots) but I don't see it being as effective especially in fast paced map groups.

Upgrades
The only things I can reasonably upgrade to push my dps further would be a 21/20 hot and leg ele weakness mals. Both together may be worth 6-7k sheet dps so it doesn't look like I'll be able to reach my goal of breaking 100k dps with stun immunity post nerf.

ES vs Life
Overall it looks like a well tuned life version like Flubby is currently playing will be just as effective for much less effort. I had to sell several characters off to fund this build so in that aspect overall dps post nerf is disappointing. The clear speed pre nerf when compared to post nerf is extremely noticeable and the build doesn't feel near as powerful but ymmv.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info