[2.1] Whaitiri's Blood Magic Cold Snapper

Added a short video with the 1.3 tree, removed old 1.2 videos.
twitch.tv/enki91
I have two short questions about the new skill tree.
Why did you take the 3 damage notes in the Shadow area instead of the cast speed? In the Which area you did take the cast speed and not the damage, but the cast speed in the shadow area is actually higher and the damage is the same.
I think one of the 8% elemental damage points in the Frost Walker area is not efficient, because it is not needed to get to other points and there are other points that give more damage than 8%.

Btw i played the old build and it is amazing. Thanks!
"
termo94 wrote:
I have two short questions about the new skill tree.
Why did you take the 3 damage notes in the Shadow area instead of the cast speed? In the Which area you did take the cast speed and not the damage, but the cast speed in the shadow area is actually higher and the damage is the same.
I think one of the 8% elemental damage points in the Frost Walker area is not efficient, because it is not needed to get to other points and there are other points that give more damage than 8%.

Btw i played the old build and it is amazing. Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the feedback and ideas!

1. Good catch! Of course taking the Shadow CS is better in this case. One could argue that the 10% ele dmg nodes boost HoI's explosion dmg unlike the Witch spell dmg, but i guess that's quite negligible.

2. Can't quite see what you mean. The 8% nodes at Frost Walker are needed to transistion from the Witch starting area to the rest of the tree.

Will update the tree shortly after posting this.
twitch.tv/enki91
I did not thought of the Herald, that's right, but as you said I think the Cast Speed is better anyway.

In the second point you're right. I think my eyes are just terrible, because I played to much PoE :D
Since you use cloak of defiance why don't you use pledge of hands as well ? The 100% increased mana is huge and I'm pretty sure the dps overall would be almost the same. Nice build but I strongly disagree with the weapon choice.
Is this HC/Bloodlines viable?
"
fredo2185 wrote:
Since you use cloak of defiance why don't you use pledge of hands as well ? The 100% increased mana is huge and I'm pretty sure the dps overall would be almost the same. Nice build but I strongly disagree with the weapon choice.

The mana is useful, but Pledge of Hands has too many disadvantages for this build to justify using it.

DPS doesn't matter for freezing, all that matters is damage per hit. PoH's integrated Spell Echo reduces damage per hit, the up to 160% Spell Damage isn't enough to beat Taryns which gives up to 100% Damage with +1 Cold Gem Lvl (~10-20% more multiplier) and another 20% more multiplier against frozen enemies.

The 40-50% Cold Damage is also a significant boost for Herald of Ice's AoE explosion, which is unaffected by Spell Damage.

Not to mention the echoed cast with PoH/Spell Echo downright kills you against reflect packs.

"
katjezz wrote:
Is this HC/Bloodlines viable?

To a certain point yes. You just have to be very careful with reflect, instead of many small hits this build deals one very large hit, which can hurt if you forget to use your Sapphire Flask.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 9, 2015, 5:13:17 PM

I'm pretty sure the explosion from herald of ice is affected by spell dmg. It's the on hit effect that isnt.
Last edited by fredo2185 on Mar 9, 2015, 9:01:08 PM
"
fredo2185 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the explosion from herald of ice is affected by spell dmg. It's the on hit effect that isnt.

It's the other way around. The part added to your spell is affected by spell damage, the secondary effect (in this case the explosion) isn't.
twitch.tv/enki91
What do you think about using prolif in the main cold snap?

I'm planning to run rime gaze + cold snap + prolif + iaoe + cold pen in the one month.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info