please add some salt [serious post to ggg and greendude]

why don't ggg just add a ladder on the website where are the list of the top pvp guilds?
In game we will have an option to do an official guild vs guild match that will count to ladder, and who win gets some points (can be like elo system).
i think this is a fast and easy to script way to add some competition, so people will be more encouraged to pvp just to see their guild to be at the top.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
icu at the bottom will make me ashamed of the guild
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
GvG is not planned yet. If i were you, I wouldn't expect it at all for season 1.

IMO guilds are flawed at the moment because there is few pvpers and all of them sit within very few guilds. It would literally be 1 guild vs the other guild all the time, the same two. Maybe with 1.3.0, it will get popular enough that we can expect multiple guilds to take it seriously.

Ladders are coming. PVP ladders will be included for every event type including pvp season points. Most of these ladders will be non-competitive (free for all, sudden death mode). They will also be seperated by gateway (if im not mistaken). This means there will be multiple ladders to strive for. Everyone can be good at something. Players can proudly say they are the best templar in Europe's FFA on HC, for example.

And then theres the true competitive swiss events. Those are considered individual ladder events. meaning, there is no ladder to tie them all. Instead you say "i won X tournament" and you can view that tournament's final scores at the end, kinda like a race event page when it is over.

However at PoEArena, we are introducing a scoreing system ladder based on competitive events. This ladder is technically unofficial because it is by poearena and will only be availible on poearena. However, that ladder pulls from GGG's api (they will release it for us!) so it takes real events and uses a balanced scoring formula. I've copy/pasted the description of this ladder system:

"
This ranking system is based on the Association of Tennis Professionals Entry Ranking System. Players are ranked by the averages of the total scores of their best performances within a time period. This solves many problems with other systems; especially race systems that give preference to players who attend the most tournament events. This system ensures a more accurate calculation on the relative performances of players.

A player's rank is calculated using their best scores within a time period. Stronger players are not penalized for a "bad day", and weaker players are not rewarded for attending the most events. A player's weakest performances will be ignored in the calculations (provided that player attends enough tournaments to exceed the limit). The system will automatically weed out stale rankings and remove players who are no longer active.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Nov 1, 2014, 6:48:39 PM
so for some of the races I wont get to face some of my LLD friends that are based in america because they are on a different gateway?

Also how is gateway determined for the competitive swiss events?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
i already read that post greendude.
you said that ladder will see the same guild against eachother because there are few dedicated to only pvp, and this is why i say we need that system, so more and more ppl will start pvp dedicated guilds to have their name at the top of the ladder.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
tempallo wrote:
i already read that post greendude.
you said that ladder will see the same guild against eachother because there are few dedicated to only pvp, and this is why i say we need that system, so more and more ppl will start pvp dedicated guilds to have their name at the top of the ladder.

The problem is that if you get points based on your success, then it is unavoidable that the result is every guild will want to be as big as possible to increase it's possible point gain. Therefore, players who are unsatisfied with their guild's point gain, will be on the look-out for other guilds and these other guilds, will want to recruit those players to grow bigger and expand exponentially.

This creates massive guilds, but few of them. The current guild size (with extra slots from the mtx shop) is so big (i think 300?) that if pvp events consistently attract 15k users (similar to some racing events) this would mean there would be 50 guilds. Of course, this is in a perfect scenario where every1 is in a guild. It is likely that there are people in pve guilds with only 2-3 pvpers (i.e dont count as a competitive pvp guild and barely get pts for their guild) and a ton of newbie players won't have a guild. This can further reduce the total amount of guilds to 20-30. This is all in a scenario where a lot of people pvp and their is huge incentive to join a big guild to pvp.

Not only is there a high risk of major flaws, but also it requires additional time from the staff to both program in the guild on guild feature, but also add a ton of content to make it worthwhile for players and guilds.

tl,dr: don't expect it soon.

"
andkamen wrote:
Also how is gateway determined for the competitive swiss events?

The same as other events. All events will happen twice in the events calendar. Once at a good time for americans and once at a good time for europeans. These events contribute pvp points to your account (all gateways) but save the ladder rankings on a per gateway basis. This means if your #1 on america gateway, but have participated in no european events, you will be rank #0 on europe. It is possible to play all events and rank on the separate ladders. Of course, each event will be hosted on their respectful servers so that americans and europeans both get good ping in their respective events.

The above information is an elaboration of what chris has already announced. The information may be subject to change. This is how it was planned when I left NZ. Who knows if they will change it.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Nov 1, 2014, 11:18:11 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
Players can proudly say they are the best templar in Europe's FFA on HC, for example.

Care to explain this part? Thanks!
Last edited by awetZ020 on Nov 2, 2014, 2:46:10 AM
"
awetZ020 wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
Players can proudly say they are the best templar in Europe's FFA on HC, for example.

Well, from what Greendude wrote, it sounds like you are ranked by your region/server (US, Europe, etc.), league (SC, HC, others?), class (Witch, Templar, etc.), and event (FFA, Swiss, etc.).
"
"
awetZ020 wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

Well, from what Greendude wrote, it sounds like you are ranked by your region/server (US, Europe, etc.), league (SC, HC, others?), class (Witch, Templar, etc.), and event (FFA, Swiss, etc.).

What about builds??? Can you for example say that you are the best HC Shadow Ele Tornado Build Pvp'er on FFA for example? Hihihihi

Don't read its off topic. Reply to first question. Not this
Spoiler
Hehehe I think you all want to destroy my pride and hunt me down in FFA :P Not gonna be the best of the best there:P But I will at least take 5 of you down, before I go down myself :P
Last edited by Emro on Nov 2, 2014, 7:36:42 AM
"
Emro wrote:

What about builds??? Can you for example say that you are the best HC Shadow Ele Tornado Build Pvp'er on FFA for example? Hihihihi

Don't read its off topic. Reply to first question. Not this
Spoiler
Hehehe I think you all want to destroy my pride and hunt me down in FFA :P Not gonna be the best of the best there:P But I will at least take 5 of you down, before I go down myself :P

Why not make it the best of the exact skill tree and gear?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info