Mon'tregul's Grasp

Topic : This item http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mon%27tregul%27s_Grasp

This item has a rather unique prefix/suffix
I'm talking about % based zombie resistances
Unlike the purity of elements aura for example the description does not explicitly say "elemental resistances"
Does this mean zombies also get chaos and perhaps even physical resists (like the map mod) or is the wording just a mistake ? PoE has always been very precise with wording in affixes.

Would be nice to get a dev to answer this one because I haven't really found a good way to test this since there are no damage numbers over things you hit.
"
Scaretactic wrote:
Topic : This item http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mon%27tregul%27s_Grasp

This item has a rather unique prefix/suffix
I'm talking about % based zombie resistances
Unlike the purity of elements aura for example the description does not explicitly say "elemental resistances"
Does this mean zombies also get chaos and perhaps even physical resists (like the map mod) or is the wording just a mistake ? PoE has always been very precise with wording in affixes.

Would be nice to get a dev to answer this one because I haven't really found a good way to test this since there are no damage numbers over things you hit.

I believe it's all 4 resistances, because zombies come with chaos's resist...so stating "increased Zombie Resistances" makes me 95% sure they are including chaos, it would say elemental otherwise...I wouldn't worry about it too much, ive been using it for 3 weeks now and have done everything including palace and chaos resist isnt an issue!

As for physical resist, I don't think thats included!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Nov 1, 2014, 5:38:39 PM
You -THINK- it's not included but you don't know. That's why I asked for a GGG dev or team member.
I have heard many people say many different things about the stat in question yet nobody could really tell. I didn't ask whether or not the item is good for endgame. I know it is. 15k Zombie HP speak for itself.
'Resistances' always refers to Fire, Cold, Lightning and Chaos Resistance. 'Elemental Resistances' refers to Fire, Cold and Lightning. "Physical Resistance" doesn't exist.
I do know.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 1, 2014, 8:45:41 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
'Resistances' always refers to Fire, Cold, Lightning and Chaos Resistance. 'Elemental Resistances' refers to Fire, Cold and Lightning. "Physical Resistance" doesn't exist.
I do know.

to be nic-fitty: what does the armoured mod on maps do then?
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
leary93 wrote:

Gives flat physical damage reduction like endurance charges, according to Mark physical resistance doesn't exist.

To OP:
Viper should be right about chaos resist, but that part is also dead-easy to test so you don't have to trust anybody blindly. You just need a char with no minion regen nodes, Montregul, a pvp arena, a willing friend equipped with poison arrow and a stopwatch. I sure as hell won't bother borrowing the thing and doing it myself, judging by the tone in first reply I'd hardly get a thank-you note.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 1, 2014, 9:54:28 PM
"
raics wrote:
I sure as hell won't bother borrowing the thing and doing it myself, judging by the tone in first reply I'd hardly get a thank-you note.

Thats what I got from it to, I was going to respond back but decided it wasn't worth it and to just let it go!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Nov 1, 2014, 10:07:49 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:

Gives flat physical damage reduction like endurance charges, according to Mark physical resistance doesn't exist.

It literally says +30% physical resistance on the mod. If you checked it out or not, at least mention it doesnt do what it says (which imo is the case).

And for scaretactics, montegruls isnt great endgame, reduces dps, and zombies wont die with 9k hp either (not even in atziri) if doing it right.
Last edited by leary93 on Nov 2, 2014, 1:42:51 AM
"
leary93 wrote:
And for scaretactics, montegruls isnt great endgame, reduces dps, and zombies wont die with 9k hp either (not even in atziri) if doing it right.

I disagree with you on this, you have to take into account 10 zombies bumping into each other vs 5, I was constantly having to get out of the way to let them through in close quarters...ontop of that the explosion when a zombie kills something with grasp coupled with splash your talking double aoe, and if you get a good roll'd one you get to drop purity and pick up another dps aura or aura's if your low life with shavs....and instead of their dps spread over 10, if you get a good roll your talking 90%+ physical increase per zombie which equates to larger blows by each zombie.

I enjoy it and defiantly noticed a dps gain when I switched over...and without it zombies do die, unless you go full on defensive with your zombies...some fights are just rough on the guys...ive done countless maps both ways, so trust me they do die! Even with grasp I had to re-summon 2 guys on palace dom, and if you run into the exile with RF or Flameblast watch them fall!!!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Nov 2, 2014, 2:03:21 AM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:

I disagree with you on this, you have to take into account 10 zombies bumping into each other vs 5, I was constantly having to get out of the way to let them through in close quarters...ontop of that the explosion when a zombie kills something with grasp coupled with splash your talking double aoe, and if you get a good roll'd one you get to drop purity and pick up another dps aura or aura's if your low life with shavs....and instead of their dps spread over 10, if you get a good roll your talking 90%+ physical increase per zombie which equates to larger blows by each zombie.

I enjoy it and defiantly noticed a dps gain when I switched over...and without it zombies do die, unless you go full on defensive with your zombies...some fights are just rough on the guys...ive done countless maps both ways, so trust me they do die! Even with grasp I had to re-summon 2 guys on palace dom, and if you run into the exile with RF or Flameblast watch them fall!!!

Ehh, Mine dont die and I can kill atziri with them. And Im not talking mid-game here, I said, its not great end-game, the place where your zombies will do enough damage regardless of their buffs and wont die because you got them to lvl 24 and with 20% Q. I do admit its a good leveling item, till level 85~ or so, but once you can go bigger and better, and wont need the double up AoE anymore, its fine whatever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info