Mon'tregul's Grasp

"
leary93 wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:
And for scaretactics, montegruls isnt great endgame, reduces dps, and zombies wont die with 9k hp either (not even in atziri) if doing it right.

I disagree with you on this, you have to take into account 10 zombies bumping into each other vs 5, I was constantly having to get out of the way to let them through in close quarters...ontop of that the explosion when a zombie kills something with grasp coupled with splash your talking double aoe, and if you get a good roll'd one you get to drop purity and pick up another dps aura or aura's if your low life with shavs....and instead of their dps spread over 10, if you get a good roll your talking 90%+ physical increase per zombie which equates to larger blows by each zombie.

I enjoy it and defiantly noticed a dps gain when I switched over...and without it zombies do die, unless you go full on defensive with your zombies...some fights are just rough on the guys...ive done countless maps both ways, so trust me they do die! Even with grasp I had to re-summon 2 guys on palace dom, and if you run into the exile with RF or Flameblast watch them fall!!!

Ehh, Mine dont die and I can kill atziri with them. And Im not talking mid-game here, I said, its not great end-game, the place where your zombies will do enough damage regardless of their buffs and wont die because you got them to lvl 24 and with 20% Q. I do admit its a good leveling item, till level 85~ or so, but once you can go bigger and better, and wont need the double up AoE anymore, its fine whatever.

I'm not talking mid game either, and i'm sorry but I think your selling fiction! First off GGG is not going to let us have "invincible" zombies, just not going to happen! They are going to die to something one way or another at some point, ive seen it happen and ive experienced it! And mine have way more than 9k hp! Now I watch a lot of twich streamers, one of which is pohx kappa which ultimately swayed me to even make a summoner...and ive seen his die on many occasions, heck one exile took them all out and went through his 7k es and took his life down to the point he almost died himself. And thats just pohx, I am constantly watching twitch streams sometimes even when I am playing just to better my knowledge on things I may not know, and I know they die!

And as for where I am at game wise, I am 1 bar from 91...I have the minion heath mod on my gloves and +1 to zombies on chest...I have a 20 quality zombie gem, my spectre gem is quality, and all my supports have some kind of quality on them, running haste and hatred on generosity, ontop of double curse with vulnerability and ele weakness coupled with EE...my guys own shit up, but they do die. Ive done every map! That's endgame!!!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Nov 2, 2014, 4:17:05 AM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

I'm not talking mid game either, and i'm sorry but I think your selling fiction! First off GGG is not going to let us have "invincible" zombies, just not going to happen! They are going to die to something one way or another at some point, ive seen it happen and ive experienced it! And mine have way more than 9k hp! Now I watch a lot of twich streamers, one of which is pohx kappa which ultimately swayed me to even make a summoner...and ive seen his die on many occasions, heck one exile took them all out and went through his 7k es and took his life down to the point he almost died himself. And thats just pohx, I am constantly watching twitch streams sometimes even when I am playing just to better my knowledge on things I may not know, and I know they die!

And as for where I am at game wise, I am 1 bar from 91...I have the minion heath mod on my gloves and +1 to zombies on chest...I have a 20 quality zombie gem, my spectre gem is quality, and all my supports have some kind of quality on them, running haste and hatred on generosity, ontop of double curse with vulnerability and ele weakness coupled with EE...my guys own shit up, but they do die. Ive done every map! That's endgame!!!

Im not selling fiction. Phox's build cant kill atziri (or at least, so he claims), i can. And no, they dont die. In between NA, pots with animation mod, vitality, PoE, and 9k health and leech from the tree, they dont. And my damage focus is on the spectres. Ok, I admit, I lose them on the double flameblast if my spectre shields arent up when i convocate. Im sorry. And double reflect rips them.

and on the event he took 8.5k damage, that was in a 1 out of 10000 situation where he stood in the door and antalie spawned... But I doubt my zombies would even die to that situation, me myself, yeah, maybe, but im not supposed to take hits anyways right
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
I assume the mod does exactly what it says, which is increasing actual resists and not granting additional resists

right?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 2, 2014, 5:01:32 AM
"
leary93 wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

Im not selling fiction. Phox's build cant kill atziri (or at least, so he claims), i can. And no, they dont die. In between NA, pots with animation mod, vitality, PoE, and 9k health and leech from the tree, they dont. And my damage focus is on the spectres. Ok, I admit, I lose them on the double flameblast if my spectre shields arent up when i convocate. Im sorry. And double reflect rips them.

and on the event he took 8.5k damage, that was in a 1 out of 10000 situation where he stood in the door and antalie spawned... But I doubt my zombies would even die to that situation, me myself, yeah, maybe, but im not supposed to take hits anyways right

I went full on offense, I don' run vitality...there is where you extra defense comes from especially if it s on a generosity gem! But at least you admitted they die! That's all I wanted, cause mine rarely die as well but to say they never die would just be misleading...I can do double reflect mods though!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Nov 2, 2014, 5:15:53 AM
"
leary93 wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:
to be nic-fitty: what does the armoured mod on maps do then?

Gives flat physical damage reduction like endurance charges, according to Mark physical resistance doesn't exist.

It literally says +30% physical resistance on the mod. If you checked it out or not, at least mention it doesnt do what it says (which imo is the case).

I know what it says, they probably phrased it that way to avoid confusing it with armor reduction. Otherwise players might think it's the estimated armor reduction number like the one on our char sheet and try to counter it by using hard-hitting weapons.

If a (reliable) dev says there is no physical resistance stat, that would be that, as I see it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 2, 2014, 6:12:07 AM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

I went full on offense, I don' run vitality...there is where you extra defense comes from especially if it s on a generosity gem! But at least you admitted they die! That's all I wanted, cause mine rarely die as well but to say they never die would just be misleading...I can do double reflect mods though!

I went high on offense too (Im actually just an auramancer that chose for uber-summons instead of culling, cursing shit) , I mean, you kinda need to for triboss in atziri, which currently is a joke, seeing i can kill al'alai (ttitybitch) last, if i want to.

For double reflect, yeahh... I kinda do too much dmg for that. Talking about the map tho, not just a single reflect map with a mod spawn on it. thats ez.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
leary93 wrote:
It literally says +30% physical resistance on the mod.
It shouldn't. Thanks for the catch, I'll fix that.
does the monster exploding ability added from grasp get affected by minion damage and the added chaos gem?

"
brunnen wrote:
does the monster exploding ability added from grasp get affected by minion damage and the added chaos gem?

It should, it's a summon skill. That's also very easy to test, take high level zombie with a high level added chaos gem and increased area into mud flats normal. If it works, chaos damage it does will be much higher than fire (which is based on monster life) and you will see chaos on-hit effects instead of fire on enemies struck by the explosion.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 3, 2014, 7:59:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info