so 122 people killed dom in the race.......

"
Kiffenn wrote:
OP is mad because people suck at this game? Too fucking bad yall can't kill dom in 5 hours (ROFL).

You're just not a serious racer if you can't kill dom in 5 hours, that shit's EXTREMELY slow. Those races are for serious racers.

Oh, so PoE is for 122 people? I'm fairly certain that they see it differently. It's cool to have an elitist point of view added to the discussion though, so thank you for that.
"
"
Kiffenn wrote:
OP is mad because people suck at this game? Too fucking bad yall can't kill dom in 5 hours (ROFL).

You're just not a serious racer if you can't kill dom in 5 hours, that shit's EXTREMELY slow. Those races are for serious racers.

Oh, so PoE is for 122 people? I'm fairly certain that they see it differently. It's cool to have an elitist point of view added to the discussion though, so thank you for that.

You seem to forget that races are hardcore, and HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of people died and never finished the race. Do you really think there was only 122 participants? Fuck, no, there wasn't. Most people are just not good enough to complete the race.
I'd bet there were very few participants. For most PoE supporters, it's hardly worth the time investment.
"

No, it isnt. Its just a mix of different conditions that sum up:
-only a small amount of the 'potential' racers will and can participate in such long events. Thats also the reason, that make these events have only minor effect on the overall points: its only 'worth' if you're doing really well (getting extra ranking points) or hunt for every little number you can get to climb with the rewards. The pts/time ratio is low for such 8and similar) long races. And if we assume that the majority of players will not be able to participate on a 24hr base, an overall amount of ~20 of these long-rushes seems okay to me.

-we dont know how many may failed on the bosskill.

-In general, I'm glad that there are circumstances, that make POE NOT a game of '1000 pts for everyone'. I could imagine seasons with floating schedule of event sets, running just until a defined amount of players (10-20?) had reached the top spot and then close.... (instead of a fixed season length)
(could cause issues with planning your timeslots, but you get the idea - just as raw plot)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
So your solution is for everyone except a very tiny % of the player base just not even bother beginning a race like this?

Yes.

These types of races are like speedrunning games; don't bother if you don't know every possible tip and trick and haven't done it a thousand times before.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
I killed dominus in the race, i am a sort of hardcore racer, but my knowledge comes from practicing the game and then watching about 20mins of race footage, i learnt how to start but that's all; and i do have to say, that compared to the 90 min merveil kill it is REALLY different.

The number of people who even tried this event was REALLY low, and the number of people to kill dominus was crazy low, but i think that this event was still fun.

Instead of moaning about this event being stupid, i would simply make some suggestions to GGG.

For example, i would recommend KEEPING this race (shoot me if you want) but instead make it a party event, so that the pros can do it even faster, but the more casual racers, could also have a shot at it.

But i am still gonna stick to the idea of having a race period which has a set number of races, and players are allowed to attempt the races as much as they want, but at their own time, e.g a 1hr solo can come up, and people can enter it over the course of 1 week, and they can re-do it as many times as they like and at the end of the week, everyone's best result will go through and points will be allocated in the usual fashion.

Anyway, thanks for reading this post, this is just my thoughts.
Last edited by Ravenstaver on Nov 3, 2014, 11:20:56 AM
"

These types of races are like speedrunning games; don't bother if you don't know every possible tip and trick and haven't done it a thousand times before.
Also in response to this, i say you only need to read the guide linked in EVERY race info post to get ALL the info you need (all the info i have) to race well(ish) the rest is all practice, thus a further incentive to get better at the game and play more of this marvelous game.
Last edited by Ravenstaver on Nov 3, 2014, 11:23:26 AM
"
Kiffenn wrote:
"
"
Kiffenn wrote:

You seem to forget that races are hardcore, and HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of people died and never finished the race. Do you really think there was only 122 participants? Fuck, no, there wasn't. Most people are just not good enough to complete the race.

on average 1400 ppl play 2h fixed famine which is annoying as fuck so you think hundreds of hundreds play dom5h ?

sadly ggg limits the data on this for the same reason they removed the online comand
you think the 122 are the top elite 1% of a total of 12k ppl i think those are the 10% of 1200 who even tried that shitty racetype every seasoned hc player can kill dom in 5h there is nothing elite about it its just borderline tedious
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Nov 3, 2014, 12:12:33 PM
I surrender. Have fun and good luck in the races everyone.

Take care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info