Exalted Orbs - some people beleive they will skyrocket, some don't

The "trading sim" complaints are blown way out of proportion. I've made end game capable characters for less than 10 exalts every league since domination. It doesn't take much trading or much luck to get there. You just need to play regularly(like 20+ hours a week) and maintain a shop and you'll be able to afford key items and the occasional upgrade. Stalking poe.xyz is not necessary at all unless you want to do crazy OP builds that cost like 100+ exalts to make work.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Oct 31, 2014, 5:50:00 PM
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
I'm no economist but doesn't a sudden influx in supply drive prices down ?

So an influx of exalts in standard when league ends should reduce their value/cost but not by much if anything, because there will be an influx of all other currencies and items too; at the current ratio of whatever the hell the player base decides to save/stash vs spend/trade.

Unless you are printing U.S. dollars of course, then all bets are off. Apparently creating debt out of nothing actually creates wealth and value too.

I think it works like this:
The influx of players (demand) is proportional to the influx of items/orbs (supply). The standard league prices will therefore not change much, if anything at all.
"
The "trading sim" complaints are blown way out of proportion. I've made end game capable characters for less than 10 exalts every league since domination. It doesn't take much trading or much luck to get there. You just need to play regularly(like 20+ hours a week) and maintain a shop and you'll be able to afford key items and the occasional upgrade. Stalking poe.xyz is not necessary at all unless you want to do crazy OP builds that cost like 100+ exalts to make work.

What do you count as endgame capable? Atziri, uber atziri? Double dominus?

Or just farming maps without any hard mods?

You wont be doind uber for under 10 exalts in any kinds of hc league at least.
Why should Exalts rise in price? Everything that can be crafted has already been crafted, there is no need for Eternals & Exalts anymore
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
meanwhile exalts in HC are 23-25c per, and alts are still 15-16:1 if not better sometimes.

HC feels like home :) I don't spend a lot of time there but I love to visit.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Oct 31, 2014, 10:13:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info