GGG- tell us why race season is so bad.

"
Sawm wrote:
GGG doesn't want casual players to race in poe, and in my opinion...not just more casual racers but also people somewhat dedicated are turned down from racing its insane how only no-lifers alone run this season, hopefully they fix this s10, they even took decent champions/exiles everywhere, and jammed as many 2+hour races (lazy) in this season, and it took them all summer to do it, so sad. who are they trying to appeal too? wish i had the answer, no one if you ask me, i haven't seen someone yet post " gosh i love 3hour races " maybe im missing something.

yeah pretty much. i recently returned to PoE after a year or so of playing lol and hammering trough D3 content.
when they anounced season 9 i was really hyped for it, but when i saw the rewards and raceshedulle i was really disapointed by it.
and having a legacy reward is a good thing as an incentive for people to compete in the race but... as a 1k reward, noone is going to care unless the people that get to 1k anyway.

so please gg.
-more races
-shorter races
-more diversity (+fun races. like descent)
-no "you die and get 0 points" rules. this turns down alot of people from pushing forward and going for that maxleve!
-better lowpoint rewards. they should be "midtier" items ingame (imho) that go for 1-10 exalteds untill you hit 300points.

-to be fair, i couldnt care less about special artwork ones. just give us things to look forward to when racing. the majority of players is really poor, and giving them cool race items to play around with whould not only increasethe amount of people that race, but also decrease monopolisation since more poor people dont need to farm alterations or some shit to have fun in this game.

~iHaku
Also is there some reason so many Endless Ledge races hits my play schedule perfectly? I hate EL, but it's the race I seem to get the most chances to play.
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
4 hours arent races, they're marathons. Hell, those Ethiopians finish marathons faster than 4 hours.

Races should be 30m to 1 hour. Descent and Descent champions were the best races ever. I'd really appreciate to see team versions of them too.

Also, I'm still pissed about orb rewards being removed. The season point totals are too geared towards no life streamers and the rest of the lower rewards are pretty much shit unless you want the art.

The race leagues really had potential, but they're just too much horseshit for too little reward.

Oh yah, and is there a reason sync is like 20x worse during races than standard leagues?
i have brought this topic up a lot recently. but it something that needs saying.

is it such a bad thing that rewards are obtainable??

would it hurt the player base to have more frequent and appealing races?

would the no lifers be that upset that casual players get rewarded?

how about running races all day, all the time during season. the no lifers are gonna get rewards whatever happens but this way, people with family's/jobs/ other interests have a opportunity to compete and get something out of it.

because right now many players are very frustrated, it wouldnt be so bad if there were other things to do, but temp leagues are drawing to a close and peoples interest in them is waning.

this is why we are fed up with this season.

i have brought this topic up a lot recently. but it something that needs saying.

is it such a bad thing that rewards are obtainable??

would it hurt the player base to have more frequent and appealing races?

would the no lifers be that upset that casual players get rewarded?

how about running races all day, all the time during season. the no lifers are gonna get rewards whatever happens but this way, people with family's/jobs/ other interests have a opportunity to compete and get something out of it.

because right now many players are very frustrated, it wouldnt be so bad if there were other things to do, but temp leagues are drawing to a close and peoples interest in them is waning.

this is why we are fed up with this season.

"
Gary_GGG wrote:
There are fewer races this season per day, however they are on average longer races, and it is easier to attain higher points in many of the kill (X) races. I think you will actually see higher average points per race this season.

This post makes me so angry...
Do you honestly think that this is the best system yet for the players? I would love to hear a justification on how these boss races are supposed to reward more points that Descent Champions. I could play Descent Champions for 40 minutes and even if I die end up with a consistent 7-9 points or more. If I manage to kill Piety and hit level 30 in 2-3 hours I'm looking at 10 points. Maybe 11 or 12 if I'm top 20. What math are you guys doing?

Why on earth haven't you guys developed a system of open races that allow people to race any time during the day? The fact that I can play 4-5 hours a day and can only make it to 2-3 races a week is ABSURD.

I can accept that this season exists. You guys want to test out boss races and such. Shorter seasons are fine too. But you have to give us a chance to race!
i started racing last season and really liked it

this season

fucks europe player
has shitty price brackets
has none of the casual favorites descent exiles everywhere ect
has 4h long races wtf noone wnat to play 4h long races even 2h was way to long so wtf you dont give a shit about community feedback

before someone attcks me uhh you only have 12 points yeah you know why becaue the races are shitty i play EL at 1am in the morning and 2h famine is tedious it not fun whats next season 10 2h fracture signature ?

race season 9 is as innovative a the temp league beyond shitty idea shitty designed

they deleted descent because thy couldnt balance the swords in time i get that but they kept 12min burst and havent done anything to prevent hudusing
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Oct 31, 2014, 10:26:42 AM
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
There are fewer races this season per day, however they are on average longer races, and it is easier to attain higher points in many of the kill (X) races. I think you will actually see higher average points per race this season.

It's really not like that at all.

You need to invest much more time for the same or less. The kill races can allow people to get 7-10 points but at a much higher investment. The average racer does not want to invest that much time for a toss up on the kill.

The schedule itself is nice, how the races are spaced apart, timed etc.. The variety sucks though due to missing Descent Champs / Descent + modified races and an abundance of other races. The point structure / rewards are extremely unreasonable for most racers this season.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1092546

Last edited by terrex on Oct 31, 2014, 11:12:41 AM
longer races is a negative for most of us casual player ggg_gary committing over an hour to a race is a pretty big time investment for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info