Our PvP experience here, Qarl may appreciate it.

"
Shade444 wrote:
Armour is actually much better in LLD than in LLD since except crit dagger(and im not even 100% sure) there is no other way to deal high enough physical damage to absolutely ignore armour if you have decent amount. At least from my personal experience

That's not why armour is useless(well sure one of the reason) but also due to immortal call
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Armor is useless AND immortal call is near useless. Given the fact elemental DMG is easy to come by in melee or spell form. Take into account what happens to 500 elemental DMG when paired with 300-1000% crit multipliers...that number inflates to levels that are huge. Now consider 500 is really low and usually multiple sources are providing 2-10x + this. You don't even need to penetrate resists but that in itself amplifies the point. Once again my friends critical DMG breaks all. When you start to min-max your game you soon notice one mechanic nearly makes your efforts futile. Sure you have super soft ways around said issue...but that's the sum of it.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
Armor is useless AND immortal call is near useless. Given the fact elemental DMG is easy to come by in melee or spell form. Take into account what happens to 500 elemental DMG when paired with 300-1000% crit multipliers...that number inflates to levels that are huge. Now consider 500 is really low and usually multiple sources are providing 2-10x + this. You don't even need to penetrate resists but that in itself amplifies the point. Once again my friends critical DMG breaks all. When you start to min-max your game you soon notice one mechanic nearly makes your efforts futile. Sure you have super soft ways around said issue...but that's the sum of it.

Immortal call hurts 2handers.

Spoiler
ggg love 2handers, don't they
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb04xa4fjmc

PvM, but the same applies to PvP and its exactly what I've been typing around here forever. Maybe someone will listen to this guy since I'm constantly ignored. Ranged >>>>>> melee and not discussed but also true ES >>>>>>> HP. Advantages/utility vs disadvantages are clear as day. Just as clear as you cannot buff non crit damage without it impacting crits in a more positive way. You have to first nerf crits or creatively change something like RT, which only effects absolute 0 crit builds. The flaws that PvM has are shared with PvP. The core direction was fucked from the start. You don't give a ranged arch type more power then 2h melee + more defenses. You don't give 1h users only 2 viable weapon types i.e dagger and to a lesser extent sword. You don't give ES a plethora of benefits with pseudo handicaps such as being weak towards status ailments as the trade off...but then implement a shitload of 0 downside uniques/tree passives to eliminate that too. Leaving nothing but positives across the board plus higher effective dmg,es,defenses then hp based builds without acrobatics. The whole NE-SE side of the tree owns the other half of the tree for both PvM and PvP.
I have a feeling accuracy/evasion hit mechanics does not work as intended on crit builds in PVP. In other words, multiple times I was under the impression high accuracy on my opponent enabled him to hit me more than theoretically possible (I also have dodge and block). This I noticed only when playing vs crit builds, perhaps because its easier to notice hits when you get killed by them.

I did not do any tests, but hopefully I will get someone to help me soon so I can post some numbers here.

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Nov 7, 2014, 1:04:22 AM
"
missuse wrote:
I have a feeling accuracy/evasion hit mechanics does not work as intended on crit builds in PVP. In other words, multiple times I was under the impression high accuracy on my opponent enabled him to hit me more than theoretically possible (I also have dodge and block). This I noticed only when playing vs crit builds, perhaps because its easier to notice hits when you get killed by them.

I did not do any tests, but hopefully I will get someone to help me soon so I can post some numbers here.

i tested further vs a guy in arena yesterday. he was flicker with block and dodge, 1 lvl lower than me, and we seemed to have same chance of hitting each other. but then i switched block chance reduction with additional accuracy, and i hitted him more than he was hitting me.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
tempallo wrote:
"
missuse wrote:

i tested further vs a guy in arena yesterday. he was flicker with block and dodge, 1 lvl lower than me, and we seemed to have same chance of hitting each other. but then i switched block chance reduction with additional accuracy, and i hitted him more than he was hitting me.

I think its hard to devise a good test for this because of the evasion entropy system. I think it would be correct to run a test where u would have the following variables:
1-1. low acc = 1000
1-2. mid acc = 2000
1-3. high acc = 4000

2-1. low evasion = 1k
2-2. mid evasion = 10k
2-3. high evasion = 30k

3-1. low crit < 20%
3-2. mid crit = 50%
3-3. high crit > 90%

With RT as control

and testing interaction of all with all. After each attack, a reload is necessary due to entropy system, which would make results very hard to analyze so its best to take it out of the picture.

In best case scenario such a test takes several hours to complete and costs multiple ex if u do not have all needed gems/items (to vary evasion acc and crit chance on your chars).

One additional thing is that I am fairly certain there is also some sort of level scaling of hit chance so perhaps this variable should be introduced also.

To sum it up, its easier and better if GGG checks the code and behavior of hit/miss mechanics in PVP than for us to test all sorts of variables which may or may not have any impact apart the gut feeling that something is not working as it should.

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Nov 7, 2014, 7:46:03 AM
I know often times I'll have a crit build blinded + enfeebled and get hit waaaay too consistently. I don't have amazing evasion but at even 23% + blind + enfeeble vs a single shot attack attempt I.e whirling blades, I'd expect better returns on my end.
"
missuse wrote:

To sum it up, its easier and better if GGG checks the code and behavior of hit/miss mechanics in PVP than for us to test all sorts of variables which may or may not have any impact apart the gut feeling that something is not working as it should.

im afraid this will never happen
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
MullaXul wrote:
I know often times I'll have a crit build blinded + enfeebled and get hit waaaay too consistently. I don't have amazing evasion but at even 23% + blind + enfeeble vs a single shot attack attempt I.e whirling blades, I'd expect better returns on my end.

your cheat isnt in your favour, also has a downside "Will always get hit no matter what"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info