[2.0] SuperNova - whole screen 137K DPS Ice Nova | Atziri ez GGG featured

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
Dude im definitively going your budget build!! Can you post your lvl 80 tree?!
And you gem link?
And maybe stats scrennshot?
Please please post this, as son as you post the tree i will start my character

Below is my current passive tree at Level 77. My last 3 will nodes be just extra dmg + crit chance... or to add some spice I might even pick up a Jewel node and play around with that :)

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAv4EBwSzBUIHHg3RDkgPqxEtEZYTcRZAFm8WvxhqGjgdFCBuJIskqiaVJy8pTyo4LJwtHy3SNuk5UjpYPAVBlkLDRKtFnUlRTLNQMFF0U1JVS1WuVcZXlFgHWK5Z813yXqVh4mNDZp5rt3BScNVyD3yDf8aCEIKbg9uFfYnTjDaOZI7pj0aPppBVlSCVLpo7muCboZ8-n9-iAKKjppmnCK6ztvrAZsHzwzrQ9dWm34TfsONq6-Tr7u0873zwH_DV96b60g==?accountName=brunowa&characterName=Brunowa_FREEZE

Stats at my level are:
Life: 3,750
ES: 870
Mana: 650

DPS: 11,300 base (no power charges or flasks), 14,200 with PCs and 17,100 with PCs and Atziri Flask (but I never use the flask). This DPS is PLENTY for shattering packs.

Armour: 560 (5,766 with flask)
Evasion: 1,650 base (2,850 with mana flask)

I rarely use the armour flask unless the the pack of monsters is doing heavy dmg.

Links are pretty standard:
5L Staff: Ice Nova + Spell Echo + Increased AOE + Cold to Fire + Added Cold Dmg
5L Chest: Lightning Warp + Curse on Hit + Assassins Mark + Warlords Mark + Less Duration

I don't have any other setups like CWDT... don't need it ;D but if I was to I'd just to what OP does. Although having something linked with Flame Totem is always good... eg Added Fire Dmg + Fire Penetration

When leveling with my Tabula and before I had Warlords Mark curse on hit, I used Ice Nova + Spell Echo + Increased AOE + Added Cold Damage + Mana Leech

If you're having difficulty when leveling, play around with it. I sometimes swapped in Conc Effect instead of Increased AOE for the extra damage, and sometimes I swapped in Life Leech instead of Added Cold Dmg for the extra defense. Or if you have a decent 5L chest piece you can wear when leveling instead of a Tabula then use that.

Once you hit level 65 and have the full setup you'll fall in love with the build on a whole new level :)

Last edited by brunowa on Jul 23, 2015, 7:10:43 PM
Hi! thanks for the build, i have a quick question. I don't have POH yet since I am currently on Warbands, so I am using dual daggers atm. With Clairty I am only at about 87 mana regen, which is not too big of a deal since I can mana pot, but if there any other good nodes that I can get to increase that? or just get it on items? Also, why do you use armor/shield helmets and gloves? Would Evasion/Shield ones work as well? Do you have any recommendations for GS as a main spell?
hey, Aim_Deep !

Some more thoughts about Vaal Clarity (unfortunately i can't play for the next time because of WACKEN open Air in Germany ;), so i can't figure this out myself):

-> Leveling Vaal Clarity as long as it needs only 16 souls (quick recovery).
-> Activating it before jumping in a pack - instand recovery of the Gem if a few mobs killed within the 6+ Secounds its activated
-> Repeating that again and again for each pack, in Maps should be possible to run it abt 80% of the time
-> Skilling Mind over Matter - another 30% FREE damage reduction as long VC is active
-> Arctic Armor all the time active if you additionally use the normal clarity (is it even necessary?)

So, in the theory this build should be super tanky and beeing able to spamm 80% of the time without any mana cost in Maps due to many mobs.

What do you think about that ?

Another thought:
In the armor, the 5th linked socket is "reduced duration". did you compare it with "faster casting" instead? is it better?
Insane would be a 6l with both gems - ultra quick jumping .. but to get a Lightning Coil with that colours will be a pain in the ass :-) and i love the LC with PoL for beeing tanky as shit
Last edited by Nightblast87 on Jul 24, 2015, 3:47:22 AM
Hi,
I am following this build and cant understand which staff to use?

Taryn's Shiver Maelström Staff or POH?
Last edited by Vacys on Jul 24, 2015, 5:00:00 AM
"
Vacys wrote:
Hi,
I am following this build and cant understand which staff to use?

Taryn's Shiver Maelström Staff or POH?

PoH by far best because 100% more Mana + Spell echo Bonus.

Other options in your choice, if you dont mind loosing DPS and can handle the Mana issues.

Regards
"
Nightblast87 wrote:
hey, Aim_Deep !

Some more thoughts about Vaal Clarity (unfortunately i can't play for the next time because of WACKEN open Air in Germany ;), so i can't figure this out myself):

-> Leveling Vaal Clarity as long as it needs only 16 souls (quick recovery).
-> Activating it before jumping in a pack - instand recovery of the Gem if a few mobs killed within the 6+ Secounds its activated
-> Repeating that again and again for each pack, in Maps should be possible to run it abt 80% of the time
-> Skilling Mind over Matter - another 30% FREE damage reduction as long VC is active
-> Arctic Armor all the time active if you additionally use the normal clarity (is it even necessary?)

So, in the theory this build should be super tanky and beeing able to spamm 80% of the time without any mana cost in Maps due to many mobs.

What do you think about that ?

Another thought:
In the armor, the 5th linked socket is "reduced duration". did you compare it with "faster casting" instead? is it better?
Insane would be a 6l with both gems - ultra quick jumping .. but to get a Lightning Coil with that colours will be a pain in the ass :-) and i love the LC with PoL for beeing tanky as shit

Gutentag :)
I think warlords takes care of all mana issues. Even on single target as you see in my atziri fights. You need warlords anyway for endurance charges.

MoM is a waste skillpoint because like I only have like 500 ES. And better functioning @ 100% than 30% and 70% life.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 24, 2015, 5:33:04 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Gutentag :)
I think warlords takes care of all mana issues. Even on single target as you see in my atziri fights. You need warlords anyway for endurance charges.

MoM is a waste skillpoint because like I only have like 500 ES. And better functioning @ 100% than 30% and 70% life.

yes, but you have hell of a manareg, and my target is to make that not necessary on the equipment (or not that much), if you go for Vaal Clarity.
Also, 1 more free Aura slot if you don't need clarity?

for a boss fight i'm thinking about to skip ice golem (30 % crit chance is not that much) and use the 4 link slot for flame sourge, which would make me always prepared for single targets ..

But, i didn't try that yet, so this is just what i think/or hope it'll work like this?
Last edited by Nightblast87 on Jul 24, 2015, 6:59:41 AM
30% crit is 4000 DPS for me and crit is everything, status effects, flask recharge, dam. Plus golem pulls aggro duty. Thats why I reinforce its HP so much.

a 4L Flame Surge is no damage compared to PoH 7L. If you are going to do that use the RIME GAZE helmet at least its a 5L.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
30% crit is 4000 DPS for me and crit is everything, status effects, flask recharge, dam. Plus golem pulls aggro duty. Thats why I reinforce its HP so much.

a 4L Flame Surge is no damage compared to PoH 7L. If you are going to do that use the RIME GAZE helmet at least its a 5L.

ok, sounds reasonable.
I'm gonna go for Golem.

But, talking about flame surge, isn't it annoying to swich gems all the time, or is that ONLY needed for aztiri, not for normal map bosses or warbands ?
"
Nightblast87 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

ok, sounds reasonable.
I'm gonna go for Golem.

But, talking about flame surge, isn't it annoying to swich gems all the time, or is that ONLY needed for aztiri, not for normal map bosses or warbands ?

Nah I'm used to switch gems. I switched when I played arc to flame surge. Switched when I played flicker to double strike. Switched when I played RoA to frenzy. etc. Basically I don't have to switch now with DPS I have. I mean look how fast those 6 boss go down in 78 map even with Temp chains on me cutting DPS in HALF.

Even with 25K dps you dont have to switch for boss 76 map or less.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 24, 2015, 8:18:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info