[2.0] SuperNova - whole screen 137K DPS Ice Nova | Atziri ez GGG featured

"
lDantonl wrote:
Aim,

Build looks awesome :) I'm going to be doing something very similar when 2.0 is released, can't wait.

I have a legacy coil and a carcass jack, which should i use?

Thanks,
Danton

I'm not sure very very hard to 4B2R lightning coil - costed me 13ex in chromes.

But if EB does not change you will be unable to run AA and coil will come in handy. I can run atziri w/o AA tho. So I like DPS and AOE of Jack.

Keep in mind in new game I think hybrid is best way to play so you gain 1000-1200 ES too not using EB. For total 6000 EHP!

We also gain 6 tree nodes because inner force is gone and no going up to EB. This can be invested in life or aura buffs and reservation to run more aura. I will probably run anger, and the two heralds for even more DPS.

Its all up in the air really - beta is on going - I was just showing we dont need EB or clarity at all with my update but everything can change.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 30, 2015, 9:11:37 AM
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
From what I heard with the shotgunning nerf, the individual explosions from AB will still overlap their damage, just not the missiles themselves. I might be wrong on this.

However for the sake of theorycrafting, with the skill tree you have, you're mostly putting dps points into spell damage, cast speed and elemental damage, hardly any hard "cold" nodes.

That means you're not limited to cold spells for a boss swap.

You could swap nova with firestorm and cold to fire with increased duration.
You could swap nova with ball lightning and added cold with slower projectiles. (would have to find something for cold to fire.)
You could swap nova with storm call (find something for cold to fire again).

Pen gems are most powerful supports there is and it complicates switching elements.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 30, 2015, 9:21:43 AM
Thanks for the awesome guide! I've really been enjoying your build so far even if I'm only grazing by the minimum build requirements.

What skill gems would you suggest have the highest priority to get 20/20q on in this build?
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Thanks guys pretty much all the gems i have 20/20 are high prioity. Arctic breath I would not bother with anymore but Glacial casacde.

But highest prort IMO is lightning warp, red duration and Conc. I like being able to move faster and conc is so expensive not quality.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

But if EB does not change you will be unable to run AA and coil will come in handy. I can run atziri w/o AA tho. So I like DPS and AOE of Jack.

Keep in mind in new game I think hybrid is best way to play so you gain 1000-1200 ES too not using EB. For total 6000 EHP!

We also gain 6 tree nodes because inner force is gone and no going up to EB. This can be invested in life or aura buffs and reservation to run more aura. I will probably run anger, and the two heralds for even more DPS.

Its all up in the air really - beta is on going - I was just showing we dont need EB or clarity at all with my update but everything can change.

I don't have beta access, so the following are just my speculation of 2.0.

In 2.0, Spell caster are force to play around the dumb, outdated, slow-paced mechanics energy shield system which affect life or mana.

I believe there are two paths for the build depending on how you choose to deal with the high mana cost of 7L Ice Nova.

1) New EB without AA
Pros:
- you get to reserve anger and maybe 1 more aura and drop off clarity.

Cons:
- Need to wait for ES to regen. can't keep on warping around killing stuff.
- Probably need to invest some points on Es to make it larger and reduce the regen delay.
- Might get stun more easily by physical damage coz no AA.

Recommend using Chaos golem for physical damage reduction.

2) Or AA without new EB
Pros:
- Situational bigger Life Pool (sometimes ES part is negligible since fast clearing and can't avoid all damage, so no es regen.)
- AA can still be run without problems but less effective since less mana drain since no buff effect nodes.

Cons:
- Need to make unreserved mana pool larger, meaning taking more mana nodes or even have to drop one aura.

Recommend using Ice golem for more crit chance.

------
Either way, it is more of a nerf than buff to the build. In addition, mob damage is getting buff in the next patch. Physical damage causing stun will be somewhat of an issue then.

PS.
Warlord's Mark will be the major way to gain endurance charge unless you want to self cast Enduring Cry which can't be Cwdt in 2.0. Cwdt setup need to be adjusted or remove completely.

Cwdt vigilant strike to gain fortify buff might be nice. However, I heard that the animation is quite slow :( .
Last edited by MinaGing on May 1, 2015, 7:20:36 AM
OMG new "more" gem bye bye added cold

None of the above Ming. No AA. No EB. No clarity.

Ming it's really only a nerf in that we cant do curse immune maps anymore. Trust me we will be more powerful without EB or clarity. More DPS and mana is was never a prob even on no regen maps with auto warlords. More EHP beats AA. Running a 2K sheild on top of 4500-5000 life > AA.

We might switch to leap slam and fortify anyway in our double curse set;) AA really not need then.

The endurance charges are a wash. We always had them before and always will after since we always run warlords curse.

I'm pretty excited unlike most Wizards.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 1, 2015, 10:46:35 AM
Aimdeep: ""We might switch to leap slam and fortify anyway in our double curse set;) AA really not need then.""
Why? i dont understand why you think to go leap slam, our lightning warp will stay good, no???
The nerf its in EB... and? xD what is the problem with mana regen for lightning warp?
"Ming it's really only a nerf in that we cant do curse immune maps anymore"??

what? anymore? now a days theres maps that "enemies cannot have curses", why you say that? in 2.0 you will couldnt curses enemies any more?
sorry for my english
IGN:ZorryFlurry
Lightwarp will be 30% slower in 2.0

Leap slam no nerf plus can fortify on leap.

We cant do curse immune maps if we have no EB or clarity because warlords mark is our mana source.
Git R Dun!
I didnt read the whole thread but did you consider running 3 dragons and cold to fire for shocking? Im using it on my crit GC and its awesome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info