Just a thought: Scion nodes no longer need to be this inefficient

shadow buffs and bow buffs and probably crit buffs are the product of the same person..

it is the purest form of power creep and im afraid it is irrecoverable damage already done

people wont accept nerfs to bows, nerf to tornado shot == riots, so the only way is up, up, up!
"
sidtherat wrote:
shadow buffs and bow buffs and probably crit buffs are the product of the same person..

it is the purest form of power creep and im afraid it is irrecoverable damage already done

people wont accept nerfs to bows, nerf to tornado shot == riots, so the only way is up, up, up!

Lol.

They will rebalance it or not. Players will adapt and a new meta will be born.
Don't remember much riots when they hit auras or aura nodes.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Honestly, IMO the biggest nerf to the scion was the vaal pact nerf. Scion used to be a great class to use VP builds for Ghost Reaver and/or CI characters, but now that VP is useless, that's not an advantage anymore.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
Boem wrote:
^that's not the scion's fault, shadow just got WTF this last patch. Compare shadow to any class on the tree and his nodes are in 90% of the cases better (lmao).

The scion still earns it place as the jack of all trades and as the easiest to traverse the tree. In a league of 3 months this might not show, because people go for the most optimal "end-game" build where points above lvl 80 can be utilized.

However in a 1 week race or in a shorter time-frame, most of those builds that become complete at around lvl 90+- can only be achieved on scion in 80 points in return for losing a bit of efficiency.

So she still serves a purpose for short therm races and earns her "jack of all trades" mark.

Peace,

-Boem-

(for instance, simply buffing the 20% mana regen node to 40% again, would put her above witch for certain builds in terms of efficiency)

Yes, shadow nodes are better, but that doesnt make shadow better. His STARTING nodes (first 5 nodes i mean) arent that amazing. Witch and Ranger can just get a bulk of shadow nodes too, skipping that 5.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
There are still builds a scion can pull off easier than other chars and save some points which make up for low starting nodes. I'm fine with it, that's what scion is for after all, back when her starting nodes were great and going around her was too expensive this was a land of scions.

But, a few things can be done to her starting area to reinforce her role without making her nodes stronger. Check this out

The right side is modified, the left is not.
As you can see those movement speed nodes were made optional, like those universal block nodes on the left. The reason being I haven't really seen anyone trying to exit through those and evasion clusters, it takes way too long.
Also, that totem cluster is entered from point 1, to further aid with getting out as fast as possible.
That way, to reach node 1 you need to spend 6 points going through Sentinel node and 7 by going through Path of the Hunter, the latter is longer but you get the notable very early and you can nab Sentinel too by spending just one more point. It could also be reduced to 6 by tweaking the number of minor nodes in big wheels, they have way too many of the same anyway and life wheel might be on the way too strong side again now, besides.

One other thing I would like to see is those hybrid nodes replaced by the stat they miss. Like that "+10str +10dex" being replaced with +20 int. Reason being that scion is about diversity, nobody takes those because they offer more of the same stuff she will get anyway by going in that direction.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Scion is onlu really good for lowlife builds imo, aka those 500ex builds.
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
"
raics wrote:
There are still builds a scion can pull off easier than other chars and save some points which make up for low starting nodes. I'm fine with it, that's what scion is for after all, back when her starting nodes were great and going around her was too expensive this was a land of scions.

But, a few things can be done to her starting area to reinforce her role without making her nodes stronger. Check this out

The right side is modified, the left is not.
As you can see those movement speed nodes were made optional, like those universal block nodes on the left. The reason being I haven't really seen anyone trying to exit through those and evasion clusters, it takes way too long.
Also, that totem cluster is entered from point 1, to further aid with getting out as fast as possible.
That way, to reach node 1 you need to spend 6 points going through Sentinel node and 7 by going through Path of the Hunter, the latter is longer but you get the notable very early and you can nab Sentinel too by spending just one more point. It could also be reduced to 6 by tweaking the number of minor nodes in big wheels, they have way too many of the same anyway and life wheel might be on the way too strong side again now, besides.

One other thing I would like to see is those hybrid nodes replaced by the stat they miss. Like that "+10str +10dex" being replaced with +20 int. Reason being that scion is about diversity, nobody takes those because they offer more of the same stuff she will get anyway by going in that direction.

I really like some of the stuff you suggested:
- +10str +10dex into 20 or even 30 int should be done: as you perfectly said it, If I am heading towards the duelist area, I will be lacking int and not str/dex
- the scion specific dead-end nodes should be buffed (block, aoe, movespeed, cast speed) as no other class will ever get those as they are too remote.
- I like your idea about speeding up the exit towards the big wheels: those are a big problem at the moment. Everyone likes the life-wheel as life is pretty crucial now, but Evasion and 6% Shield nodes are pretty undesirable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info