How to open strongboxes and dont die

You know the problem, you open a strongbox, move away very quick but get synced back right in the danger zone.
What is the best way to handle this situation.
This can be very frustrating, survive the hard content but die to a stupid blue box.
I play ranger so i am not very tanky at all, hav 4700 hp 45%evade + dodge chance and elemental resistances capped and just died to a magic mob blue box that spawned chaos spitting snakes.
Of course i hav -60 chaos res and died in less than 1 second ;)
The box before it was an exploding box in a -max resistance map. I used ruby flask before open i always do that as i use cold flask on ice nova mod but the explosion killed me. Maybe the map had vulnerability or something i cant remember :p
Last edited by eldiablolo on Oct 28, 2014, 5:07:33 PM
The absolute best way is to use a Lightning Warp without reduced duration. Stand next to the strongbox, cast LW at max range, open strongbox, you warp away even if you're frozen. Smoke Mine also works, but you can't pop it if you're frozen so you need to rely on a flask of heat as well.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
The absolute best way is to use a Lightning Warp without reduced duration. Stand next to the strongbox, cast LW at max range, open strongbox, you warp away even if you're frozen. Smoke Mine also works, but you can't pop it if you're frozen so you need to rely on a flask of heat as well.

Actually the best way is by using a Cold Snap trap setup, or by using a Shockwave Totem.
Smoke mine has been working well for me, on really tough boxes I lay 2 mines near the box and the last one far away to add more smoke defense.
Drink life, granite and quicksilver flasks (all blue and boosted), click and run run run.
I tested the lightning warp method, click far away and then open. That seems to work pretty well. I dont have any gem slots left to use other skills, lightning warp is the only skill i
use next to my attacks and auras and i hav to run that with blood magic because all mana is reserved :)
Thank you very much :D
What i always do and it never fails is i click the strongbox, then quickly an anti-freeze flask + lightning warp away. The only times it ever failed me is when i tried to teleport on or through an obstacle (which was my own fault for being a noob).
Last edited by Krayken on Oct 29, 2014, 7:32:39 PM
Vaal grace if you are evasion based/have acrobatics
If you absolutely don't have a spare gem slot a Quartz Flask works pretty well too. Just make it anti-freeze and you can open any box, drink the flask, and move away without desync issues.
"
Krayken wrote:
What i always do and it never fails is i click the strongbox, then quickly an anti-freeze flask + lightning warp away. The only times it ever failed me is when i tried to teleport on or through an obstacle (which was my own fault for being a noob).

you would be wiser to cast the warp before you open the box so the cast cant be interrupted by monsters that spawn and hit you. You wont misclick your warp if you cast it first either.

anyone who suggests something other than lightning warp is a crazy person, dont listen to them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info