How to open strongboxes and dont die

"
eldiablolo wrote:
You know the problem, you open a strongbox, move away very quick but get synced back right in the danger zone.
What is the best way to handle this situation.
This can be very frustrating, survive the hard content but die to a stupid blue box.
I play ranger so i am not very tanky at all, hav 4700 hp 45%evade + dodge chance and elemental resistances capped and just died to a magic mob blue box that spawned chaos spitting snakes.
Of course i hav -60 chaos res and died in less than 1 second ;)
The box before it was an exploding box in a -max resistance map. I used ruby flask before open i always do that as i use cold flask on ice nova mod but the explosion killed me. Maybe the map had vulnerability or something i cant remember :p

yolo
R.I.P 4.B.
Only one other person in here pointed out the Quartz flask. Quartz flask is so damn useful, love em. Also dispel chill / freeze.
GGG - Why you no?
Unfortunately currently there is no way to open every strongbox without dying. Some of them you might survive, but the majority of them, no. Not because they were so strong, but because of bad programming that results in a mortal delay that kills you.
"
Salumba wrote:
Unfortunately currently there is no way to open every strongbox without dying. Some of them you might survive, but the majority of them, no. Not because they were so strong, but because of bad programming that results in a mortal delay that kills you.

I know of which you speak, but this does not apply to everyone. Admittedly, its well spoken issue, but I have no problems surviving my lockbox experiences so far, and since upgrading pc no longer have the hangups.
GGG - Why you no?
"
Salumba wrote:

Actually no. It's the builds, the connections, or the computers that are the issue.

Make the strongboxes load when the instance loads, and you solve most of the computer issue. But the computer must still suddenly load them on screen.

Fix the connection issue, and you still have desync because you're trying to run out of a mob like an idiot. Using Quartz flasks, holding shift/space and attacking, LWing out, and other methods fix this better than anything else.

Fix the build, and no strongbox becomes an issue. Try having no less than 4,000 life and 7,000 ES mixed with at least 65% block/spell block. You just won't die. You could get to about 6k life and 9k ES with near perfect gear.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Salumba wrote:

Actually no. It's the builds, the connections, or the computers that are the issue.

I see. Strongboxes are perfect in design and programming. It's not GGG's fault, it's the customer's ... yeah. Sure. When the screen freezes it's because one didn't skill [insertRandomSkillHere] - bad build for sure.
And when I'm connected until I open a strongbox, then I have to contact my provider and ask why I get disconnected when opening a strongbox. It's so easy, why didn't I think about it yet.
And when everything else runs smooth on a system but only opening strongboxes is an issue, then clearly the system is bad, not the strongbox mechanics.

Thank you for the enlightening. Very thank you.
"
Salumba wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Salumba wrote:

I see. Strongboxes are perfect in design and programming. It's not GGG's fault, it's the customer's ... yeah. Sure. When the screen freezes it's because one didn't skill [insertRandomSkillHere] - bad build for sure.
And when I'm connected until I open a strongbox, then I have to contact my provider and ask why I get disconnected when opening a strongbox. It's so easy, why didn't I think about it yet.
And when everything else runs smooth on a system but only opening strongboxes is an issue, then clearly the system is bad, not the strongbox mechanics.

Thank you for the enlightening. Very thank you.

Nice job completely missing the point.
"
Salumba wrote:
Unfortunately currently there is no way to open every strongbox without dying. Some of them you might survive, but the majority of them, no.

this isnt true

USE LIGHTNING WARP

it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to fail because it is cast before the box is open. Every strongbox no matter what mods are on it will not be able to kill you if you cast lightning warp before you open it.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Nov 1, 2014, 9:00:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info