Chaos recipe(s): To ID or not ID??

This is no different than asking:

Do I use fuse for 5/6L my gear or do I sell my fuse or do I just use Vorici?
Do I use chance orbs or do just sell them?

Seriously, where do you think all the good rings/amulets in poe.xyz come from?
Hint: they are not dropping already IDed.

Are you likely to waste 1/2 of your chaos gain? Yes.
Does those several exalt worth rings come from IDing them? Yes.

So it is totally up to you.
You want a safe bet? Chaos recipe with UNID.
You want to give it a shot for good rolls? ID them.
Depends how rich you are. If you're poor/new to a league, do the unid recipe. You gotta have money to make money. A few extra chaoses will be very worthy. When I'm rich with dozens of exalts, I identify items with good bases
I do it with identified items. Just to be sure that jewelry won't be wasted. Maybe you get 1 chaos, but hey there might a ring or amulet worth more than 2 chaos. + You have more ring types to keep, not just useless ones.
As a PROFESSIONAL FARMER™

I do the ID'ed Recipe
anything is everything
"
Ael00 wrote:
use the unid recipe.

BUT do NOT vendor unid good bases. that way it is very unlikely to vendor a GG item that is worth a bag of exalts. if by a freak chance you vendor an item worth an exalt or two(highly unlikely) you are still making a profit by getting 2c for each pack.

This ^^

It's all about the base type

Also alching/chancing certen base types to acomadate the recipy when waiting for a unided ring / ammy to drop to round out your id'ed pile is also smart. You will get good rolls sometims and have it on the proper base item.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
I stopped with the chaos recipe.

I vendor for alteration orbs, because I'm always short on them.
Chaos orbs come floating in constantly via trades.

If chaos recipe, I usually do them identified, mostly because I want to see the stats of a ring, belt or amulet. They need good affix combinations, not really high itemlevel to be sellable.
So even Piety loot or quest rewards can grant pretty nice jewelry that is worth 10+ unid chaos recipes.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Do the q20 recipe if you're paranoid and swimming in blacksmith/armorer scraps.
Or do the q20 unid recipe a few times for 3 chaos.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
ID everything even if 99% is vendor trash. The few extra chaos/regals won't make or break it. I keep a whole stash tab of mediocre jewelry so I have something to equip alts with without running to XYZ every time I roll an alt. Especially now with master crafting it's possible to salvage a lot of previously useless gear, and the prices people ask for good jewelry are outrageous.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Oct 29, 2014, 3:01:57 AM
Today with masters I think it's totally worth it to ID. A decent 4-5 prop can be made into a great item cheaply. Something like this. Add hybrid or another res and you're talking few exalts.

I find lots of shit like this and where I make all my exalts. (i certainly don't find GG uniques lol)

In past it was debatable because all the eternals and exalts you'd need to make decent items. Not anymore.

"

i would never sell unid rings+amu for chaos lol

werd I actually alc every white ring and ammy they can be so valuable.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 29, 2014, 3:17:18 AM
I always ID my items for the chaos recipe. Agreed that the chance of finding a good item is small and a BIS items is minimal but you're still getting one chaos for the items you've identified.

I think that if I find a good few upgrades for when I'm levelling my next character I'll be thankful I identified those items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info