[Flicker Strike] Need some advices

Hi all !

Well, this is my first flicker strike build and I would like to do it for MF. I build my witch with flicker strike after the tree reset some time ago.

The problem is that I'm currently lvl 70 and I cannot even farm to the docks, often I get two shots by gold mobs and it's really hard to keep flickering. I got no sustain, no defence and ... NO DPS :'( !

I think that the main problem is that I'm currently juggling between life leech, searching DPS (but too squishy), hard to get frenzy charges and start flickering. Do I need to forgot some defence and get a high life leech stat item ? :'(

Gear & gems :

Chest : Flicker - Multistrike - MeleeSplash - Powercharge on Critical - Item rarity
Helm : Whirling blades - Assassin's mark
Shield : Wrath - Reduced Mana
Boots : Discipline - Herald of Ice - Reduced mana
Gloves : CWDT - Enduring cry - Immortal Call - Increase duration

Some stats about my character :

Passive tree : CI - Arcane focus - Ghost reaver - Vaal Pact - Ironf reflexes

Flicker Strike Stats (gem 20% actually lvl 7)
Spoiler

Flicker strike stats # 2
Spoiler

Défence
Spoiler

Life + ES (with Discipline)
Spoiler

Mana & Aura : Herald of Ice - Wrath - Discipline
Spoiler

Thanks in advance for your advices, and sorry for my bad english.

Regards
Last edited by Arya_ on Oct 25, 2014, 7:29:42 AM
Hi there,

1. Your damage per use on flicker strike is too low.
-You need a higher pdamage dagger to flicker, use reave for now
2. You have to cap your elemental resistances 75/75/75
3. Blood Rage will take care of your leech needs since you are CI.
4. Get rid of Iron Reflexes and get more crit and accuracy.
-Iron Reflexes is nowhere near as good as a block/evasion for CI builds.
5. Your final lv90 build should be this passive tree, which is able to cap block and spell block with rumi's as well as cap crit with +125% crit chance from gear. You are also able to run either herald of ash (more damage) or tempest shield-reduced mana-curse on hit-enfeeble (more tankiness).

PS:
I think you may have been following my original guide posted in the witch forum. I apologize for that. It is currently more of a noob-trap guide because it has two builds, with the Iron Reflexes version being recommended for beginners. I am currently lv89 and will remake the guide when I hit lv90.

I thought no one was using the guide since it didn't any post response, so I didn't bother updating it. Again, sorry for the outdated guide.
Last edited by Zhen on Oct 25, 2014, 9:33:51 AM
Ohh yes, I follow your guide, it's so much fun but too bad that I have some problems with it now.

I think that a lot of people tried it but they didn't post because we cannot see any update on your guide. So it's a good thing to know that you will update it later.

As you see, I have a pretty crap stuff, and it's very difficult to cap resistances, get a good DPS, accuracy and keep the MF at a good amount.

So, should I regret Iron reflex for now and get dps node ?
And should I put flicker strike away for the moment and use reave for the moment ? :'(

Anyway, thanks for the build, it's so much fun :)
1. Always prioritize accuracy and resistances on your rings and helm over MF because capped resistances is a must-have.
2. Get rid of Iron Reflexes. It's better to pick up block nodes after you get damage passives.
3. Yea, use reave. Unfortunately, you need to have at least 2.5k per hit with splash on flicker strike to actually kill mobs fast enough to refill frenzy charges.

If it helps, the way I got MF ring and helm is by checking poe.trade with the following criteria: +60 min total elemental resistance, +250 min accuracy, +20 min increased rarity.
After I had more money, I bumped up the rarity req to 30. Also, I've started look at redoing my helm and rings so that I also have +crit chance on the rings.
Ok so I will gain 6 points when I get rid of Iron Reflex. Should I use them for Accuracy or crit chance ?

Ok, I will check poe.trade for good accuracy ring :)

Next step : Use the 6 nodes & find stuff for cap resistances

Use them to go towards the last dagger group (which has a mix of accuracy, crit, and phys damage).

So, by lvl71, you should have something like this.

Also, I have updated my guide to what I am currently using.
Hi,

So now I have cap resistances, 4300ES and 950 DPS on flicker with MeleeSplah.

But, I still can't farm to the dock, mobs are too strong I die everytime. What's the problem ? Did they up dock's mob ? lol

I must farm to the city of sarn :'(

FlickerStrike only truly works well with high end gear because this skill depends on 1 shotting content or you're screwed. The most important item would be a good dagger, and I think that something like a bino's is the absolute minimum to make crit flicker somewhat viable for end game.
You should go for a more affordable build in my opinion.

IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info