Voltaxic Chaos Build

I recently came back, after about a year away. I had wanted to try a chaos dmg build before I left, and had some gear for it. I came back, and found that the build I was considering was now much more easily done as a Scion. So, I made one. I am now up to 54, and can wear some of the gear, and soon the rest.

What I am looking for, is advice on both other items that might benefit me, and advice on fine tuning the build. Hell, I am not even certain what the best skill selection is, for what I am trying to do. I'll take any legitimate advice, and criticism. Here are the 4 items I had before:

Here are some I have gotten since I came back:

And here is the link to the build I am considering:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAx4EBwWTBiMHHg5ID6sPxBBYEQ8RLxFQEZYTnha_GYYZ1x1PHwIfQSCcIzEmlSoLKwotHy19MjQ1kjW5Nok6WDsoO3xFfEkTSVFKyEwyTLNPr1FMUq9TNVVLVcZaUl3yYeJnvWf8bRluqm-ecFJw1XYRdwd-M35Zfq9_xoIeguSD24cTiWuJ04ngiq-MNo0Zj_qQEZMfk5WVIJUul5eZmptdm7WcpKKjpJGomqxHrJitM7Q4tUi1hbXytve4yrtNwbTB88M6yCPKStDQ2E3Yvdlf3V_djOAS4oDk7OUZ5ljrY-x071Dw1fKX8-r06fv1

I look forward to hearing what people think.
I have been working on a Voltaxic Scion build myself. I decided to go crit based CoC with all lightning spells. I have been having alot of fun with it. I'm not sure which skills you are planning on using but from what I have been testing I have found Tornado Shot to be a great gem for Voltaxic. With a 20/20 Gem you are looking at 110% of Base damage + 10% Proj Damge from Quality. Before I gave up my gear to this scion build I used to play a Frenzy/LA Ranger. I also have a Split Arrow Shadow. Tornado Shot Can be a little tricky vs a single high hp boss. I have seen alot of people that can do it but how you play and fire takes a little more skill than point and click. You kind of need to practice aiming at the sweet spot just behind a mob, there is an small window where they can take damage from all 3 tornados when it is linked with LMP. Feel free to take a look at my build if you would like but it is not for everyone. It is my 7th toon in game and I only started it because I had some end game gear that I wasn't using and a scion was the only class I did not have to level 80. I have 4 Atziri capable toons so I wasn't concerned with an end all destroy the game with 1 click build. I just wanted something that was fun and different. You have taken more nodes in the shadow area than I did, I went more for the crit nodes in the ranger area but the builds have alot of similarities. link to my build if you want to check it out is http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087776 Keep me updated with what you find out as well. I am always looking for optioons as I am by no means a theory crafting min/maxing expert.
Very nice. I will keep posting back here, with either revisions, or new info/items. Both to bump it, and continue refining what I am working on. It just seems fun, and very viable. A few more levels, and I get t=o equip the Voltaxic!
Anyone have any thoughts on it?
Well, I should hit 64 tonight, and start using both the bow and gloves. Once I do, I'll post the DPS boost. I have been limping along with a crappy bow with decent speed and lightning for it's level, doing 5k-6k. I anticipate a very large boost.
I missed it for tonight, too tired. Will update tomorrow with the new stats/DPS once I hit 64.
Well, I got 64 and equipped the bow. It is interesting! I had a DPS boost, but not as large as I expected. It went from 5k to 8.6k. So, substantial, but I was expecting more. But even with so modest a boost, mobs die fast! The chaos seems to be something they are mostly weak against, which is fairly expected. It's fun seeing barely damaged ES and nearly dead mobs. And the effect is weird too! I didn't anticipate that. Now all my shots look like weird sparkly purple beams, and purple explosions. The shock effect is purple too, and lingers, or at least is more obvious.

SO, I am going to really need some advice to get the DPS up to where it needs to be, 8k doesn't cut it. My current, not my intended, build and gear is below.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAx4EBwYjBx4OSA-rEFgRlhOeFr8ZhhnXHwIfQSCcIzEmlS0fMjQ7KEkTSshMMkyzUUxSr1M1VUtaUl3yYeJn_G1sb552EXcHfjN-WX_Ggh6C5IMJhxOJa4ngiq-MNo_6kBGTH5OVlSCVLptdm7WcpKKjpJGomqxHrTO0OLVIu03B88M6ykrQ0NhN3V_igOTs5RnmWOx08NXyl_v1
Almost 250 people have looked, and 1 has commented. I am really hoping for some one good at builds to come along. I know mine isn't perfect and welcome constructive advice.
I have some thoughts. I suggest not going crit at all because voltaxic rift only has 5% crit.
Instead go for aura nodes and ele damage. Since you are reaching into the ele area, you won't have much accuracy so resolute technique is a good idea and you can get the ele wep nodes near templar.

Something like this maybe?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAnEDHgSzBVsHHgx9DXwPqxB_EZYTnhRNFm8WvxcvGYoZ1xo4Go8c3B9BJKoksCaVKPopTy9vMoky0TbpRUdFfEWdRnFG10kTSVFJsVKvUzVTUlVLVdZXyVfiWfNdxmHiZOdmnmf8b55wu3Kpd-V82X5Zf8aApIGvgh6Cm4LHgwmG0Yngi4yMNo_6kFWTH5Mnk5WVLpeXmuCbtaIAoqOkkaeErKqtM7EFtAy0OLUEuJO40LtNwBrB88M6xp7KStDQ18_ZE9o62wvdX-Fz42rkIuUZ5ljquuvu7BjsOO0g74jw1fba-Tf56PrS-wn79Q==

There are mana regen nodes so many you could get Arctic Armor while running wrath, herald of thunder, clarity. If you could run herald of ice too that would be cool.

As for items I think murder mitts > maligaros. For the quiver, drill neck if possible since you need more dmg.

Alpha howl is great. Lightning coil i think would be a better chest. Though you are going to need a lot of lightning resist and I don't know if you will have enough mana for purity of lightning, so test that out. If lightning coil doesn't work out, an es chest would work just fine. A regular leather belt with wed life and resists.

For the main skill, nado shot, pierce, weapon ele, faster attacks, gmp, added lightning.

or split arrow, pierce, weapon ele, faster attacks, added lightning, faster projectiles or life leech.

Added chaos damage is not a good idea here because the gem itself only gets scaled by your few chaos dmg nodes, while faster projectiles increases the dmg from all your items and auras.

Barrage for single target or ele hit with wed, faster attacks, pierce.

The taming would a great ring.

Only thing I would worry about is having enough resists and life. Cuz you would have uniques on almost every slot.

Edit: Actually dont use lightning coil. You need the es chest to run clarity.

Gems: Split arrow or nado shot on bow, barrage or ele hit on murder mitts, herald of thunder, wrath, herald of ice or anger , reduced mana on helmet, cwdt, enduring cry, immortal call, increased duration on boots, smoke mine, clarity, empower, reduced mana, arctic armor and projectile weakness on chest.
Last edited by Sungazer12 on Oct 31, 2014, 1:58:24 AM
Interesting suggestions, and some good insight. You've got a point about the crit. And if I am dropping the crit, then I might well be able to get into the Templar ele nodes too. I appreciate the suggestions!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info