More Zana quest bullshit

"
Boem wrote:
^this would be a horrible idea.

You would simply make the "let-down" increase for people who are unable to complete timed missions.

They can't finish them now, let's increase xp gain that will address the issue.

"uhm wot?"

Peace,

-Boem-

OK, how about when the master offers you the mission she asks if you want a hard variant. Timed missions are only on the hard variant, and hard missions are worth more xp.
Zana's timed Daily Missions are also buggy, and block you from doing other Masters' Daily Missions. If you relog with a different character after starting a timed mission and then fail the mission, there is no way to terminate the failed mission. Whenever you go back to Zana's Crumbled Laboratory, you get a "Complete the Mission" notification, and Zana offers no interaction options. Even after using up all six portals to Zana's map, the portal from Crumbled Laboratory remains open in your Hideout, Zana refuses to return to her spot, and the other Masters refuse to give you a Daily Mission.
"
RogueMage wrote:
Zana's timed Daily Missions are also buggy, and block you from doing other Masters' Daily Missions. If you relog with a different character after starting a timed mission and then fail the mission, there is no way to terminate the failed mission. Whenever you go back to Zana's Crumbled Laboratory, you get a "Complete the Mission" notification, and Zana offers no interaction options. Even after using up all six portals to Zana's map, the portal from Crumbled Laboratory remains open in your Hideout, Zana refuses to return to her spot, and the other Masters refuse to give you a Daily Mission.

That's not unique to Zana, I had the same problem with Elreon once. Finished the mission, talked to him, but the quest didn't end. Had to wait until the instance expired to do the next daily. Now there's a chat command to speed that up /abandondaily I think. It's a bug, but its nothing to do with Zana.

There is a thing where you can claim credit for completing master quests only with the character that finished the quest, which only practically applies to Zana. From the last patch notes though, it sounds like it might not be possible to get in this situation anymore.
"
RogueMage wrote:
Zana's timed Daily Missions are also buggy, there is no way to terminate the failed mission.

Havent had to try it yet (so I cant say for sure if its in), but I assume thats the reason why they announced the additional '/abandon' chat command. Should be solved...

For the OP: failing missions is intended. Some are doable, some are very surprising/rewarding (by now, we got untainted paradise, mealström of chaos and yesterday an acton's nightmare from her) - some are real impossible. All are a free map.

Then: 'find the map item' is - obviously - different from 'slay the boss'. The first map that the RNG offers you, counts for the quest. It wont even surprise me if it NOT adds a 'fixed' map drop to the map itself, so that it could be impossible to succeed if you got zero. And: for very hard maps (that makes you struggling, and hard to play it just as a map) the timer is the best thing to keep it short. ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info