Sentari's Answer Minion/Necro Aegis theory

It's bad, minions with override it.

Rathpith Globe would be better. Health %, block, spell block, spell damage (for Spectres). Crest of Perandus is generally good... Saffell's Frame for everything else. The cursing from the shield will add an inconsistent element. And being a summoner you can curse better. You've got nothing better to do other than get 20/24 Curse on Hit.
What I need to understand is whether a +1 to curse item will let my minion cast the curse from procing on block and then let me self cast a curse on top?

If it can't then double curse is pointless regardless of overwrite or not. If it works I can simply self cast curse on top after block proc.

Other than the increased life and increased chance to block spells I dont see what Rathpith gives to a party/support scenario? Same for the other shields really?
IGN: Munkehboi
Minions will override on block. They have at max 1 curse. You can try this with spectres who curse. They don't carry your 2 curses ability. Neither would zombies or skeletons (unless the shield is epic).

It's mostly a solo build item, unless your whole party is too lazy to cast curses. But that would probably be partying with friends who are just chilling in softcore. It's not bad, but I think people would frown upon it.

You would probably use it with tempest shield on a solo build while leveling, but I doubt it would have end game use other than Necromantic Aegis
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
Hmm how about using Doedre's Damning ring, and/or the +1 curse node (Whispers of Doom?).
Does if apply to minions?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Again, no.

It's a bad Necromantic Aegis shield.
"
YellowMage wrote:
Again, no.

It's a bad Necromantic Aegis shield.

It's not bad. It'a a lazy Necromantic Aegis Shield. If you're too damn lazy to cast curses (too casual to farm properly) then it's an okay shield.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info