ThereIsAnother's Lightning Tendrils Build - Build of the Week S3E11

"
Xhydrogenx wrote:
thats a low dps for tendrils ^^ 80k+ is good for a build :)

I can get it to 80K by using conc effect instead of AoE with power charges.

Also, if I had the proper bandit quests I'd have another power charge for higher dps.

dps with auras at level 19 tendrils is 42.8K with power charges in the 50's. At level 20 I'm expecting around 53K before charges.

If I find a replacement for Skull Gasp I can get a bit more crit or move some passives around. The power charge duration passive I was toying with may move.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
GG!! nice ice spear build!
IGN : @xxxxxxxxxDOCOMOxxxxxxxx
IGN : @Xx_______ZAKO________xX
IGN : @_________PEPE_________
do you have any suggestions how to level a scion from lv1 to your level?
IGN: afkfredAAs
Is this viable with a shadow build?

I have a shadow that is lvl 81 but his dps is tiny in comparison (26k dps with power charges)

Might look at altering his tree to get more spell damage and cast speed...

I see you use cloak of defiance is that your preferance or do you reccomend it? As I have a 5L carcass jack and that is working nicely. I also use lighnting warp to get in close as I do use conc effect. And the white mobs tend to shatter when I land in them.

It is Nice to see tendrils being used.
I prefer using herald of thunder with assassin's mark and curse on hit to get my power charges rather then ice spear... it works.

I also use thunderfists which I have vaal sparks in for boss kills.

Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses.

LGW
I just wanted to ask, isn't like over 80% of the damage lightning?
In that case, the build i have linked in below should be more efficient?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAuMEBwVCBx4HpQhnCPQNfA5ID8QQWBEPEZYTnha_GDwc3CaVKPoqUyycLR86WDt8PV9Bh0GWRZ1GcUlRSbFJsktXTLNQMFJTU1JVS1XGV8ld8l8qYeJilWNDZJ1qQ2sXb55wUnDVdhF3B34zfll-r3_GghCCHoLHgwmD24cTidOMNo0Zj_qTJ5M6lSCVLpeVmuCcpKKjpJGus7JwtAy3PrfWuMq86r0nwFTA48Hz0PXXz9i92V_bC9te3YzfsOAS6rrr5Ovu6_XviPDV8bPyHfLh-Tf56P4K
(Specced out of ele nodes near shadow start, and added lightning nodes at top of witch area)
Gives a total of 71% lightning damage instead of 58% ele damage, and you loose 4% castspeed
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Nov 16, 2014, 12:14:01 PM
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
I just wanted to ask, isn't like over 80% of the damage lightning?
In that case, the build i have linked in below should be more efficient?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAuMEBwVCBx4HpQhnCPQNfA5ID8QQWBEPEZYTnha_GDwc3CaVKPoqUyycLR86WDt8PV9Bh0GWRZ1GcUlRSbFJsktXTLNQMFJTU1JVS1XGV8ld8l8qYeJilWNDZJ1qQ2sXb55wUnDVdhF3B34zfll-r3_GghCCHoLHgwmD24cTidOMNo0Zj_qTJ5M6lSCVLpeVmuCcpKKjpJGus7JwtAy3PrfWuMq86r0nwFTA48Hz0PXXz9i92V_bC9te3YzfsOAS6rrr5Ovu6_XviPDV8bPyHfLh-Tf56P4K
(Specced out of ele nodes near shadow start, and added lightning nodes at top of witch area)
Gives a total of 71% lightning damage instead of 58% ele damage, and you loose 4% castspeed

the elemental nodes also buff herald of ice but yeah you could do that to go full lightning.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
LordGreywolf wrote:
Is this viable with a shadow build?

I have a shadow that is lvl 81 but his dps is tiny in comparison (26k dps with power charges)

Might look at altering his tree to get more spell damage and cast speed...

I see you use cloak of defiance is that your preferance or do you reccomend it? As I have a 5L carcass jack and that is working nicely. I also use lighnting warp to get in close as I do use conc effect. And the white mobs tend to shatter when I land in them.

It is Nice to see tendrils being used.
I prefer using herald of thunder with assassin's mark and curse on hit to get my power charges rather then ice spear... it works.

I also use thunderfists which I have vaal sparks in for boss kills.

Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses.

LGW

It should work from shadow just fine as I do hit the shadow start. Especially with a respec

The cloak is used for damage mitigation. A problem, even with saffels and purity is reflect. This gives even more buffer so it's difficult to give up. I would say, if you decide to spec this then go ahead and try the carcass and just see how it feels.

The AoE from carcass may even allow you to swap out the aoe gem (if you have a 6L) if you would like for more damage. Or keep it as is.

The build is meant to be a template of a working product for people to draw upon. Your playstyle and preferences may cause you to go more spell damage or more cast speed or more aoe etc.

I use maligaro's for crit. Tendrils only have a 5% base which makes it more difficult to scale up so maligaro's help. I'm not sure what the dps difference would be with thunderfists (don't have a pair to try either).

Good luck!
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Nov 19, 2014, 11:51:32 AM
I though a little about the curse on hit mentioned earlier.
It is ALOT of addition in damage to take 6 points to get to the node "whispers of doom".
This would mean that you could ditch mana reduction for HoT and pop in 4link with HoT-CoH-Assa.mark-ele.weak(or enfeeble for more defence, meaning they miss more!)
This would of course mean that you have to take 6 points from somewhere else, but if u use ele.weak curse you will make up to 47% MORE damage, not increased(that stacks with the rest of increases you have)

Might be worth a try? Useless for atziri, yes. But otherwise. What else will reflect curses on you?

You could also you a pair of windscream instead, for the "non-atziri" runs and make some really fast clears, but life would be lower, and resists would become harder to cap

Anyway, if you DO make the commitment for dual curse, the tree would look something like this maybe?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAuMFQgceB6UIZwj0DXwOSA_EEFgRDxGWE54Wvxg8GGoc3CaVKPoqUyycLR81kjpYO3w9X0GHQZZFnUZxSVFJsUmyS1dMs1AwUlNTUlVLVcZXyVgHXfJfKmHiYpVjQ2SdakNrF2-ecFJw1XRVdhF3B3gvfOV-M35Zfq9_xoIQgh6Cx4MJg9uHE4nTjDaNGY_6kyeTOpUglS6XlZrgm6GcpKKjpJGsmK6zsnC0DLc-t9a4yrzqvSfAVMDjwfPQ9dfP2L3ZX9sL217djN-w4BLquuvu6_XviPDV8bPyHfLh99f5N_no_go=
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Nov 19, 2014, 1:17:15 PM
How would you link Lightning Tendrils if you had only a 5L cloak? Also what is the general order of importance on those support gems, levelling this build right now at lvl50.
Hi

Thanks for the great ideas with this build Madcow1120.

I made my version with a shadow; very streamlined so player merely has to cast lit tendril, tele warp and ice spear everything else is auras and AA. Herald of thunder with curse on hit assasins mark is amazing and saves that little bit of time for a player to keep on attacking.

Darth Sidious

7 power charges total on this build because Sith lords want MOAR power:P

cheers

Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info