Can someone explain the races to me real quick?

"
aldorus wrote:
You just "have to" forget about the prizes and just challenge yourself to become better, more efficient player instead.

That is true, you can still race for your personal pleasure / goals.

But the rewards made racing more interesting, with more "roadmap goals" to reach. In current season everything between 0 and 250 pts, is a massive void of nothing. 'Incidentally', all casual players fall exactly into this void.

I find it appalling how this season caters only to nolifers.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
aldorus wrote:
You just "have to" forget about the prizes and just challenge yourself to become better, more efficient player instead.

RPG games are usually about character progression and long way needed to make "hero from zero". Races are just against it's theme and I despise idea of races in such game as PoE. In some seasons, low level rewards convinced me to give it a try. For many seasons, this is not the case. No rewards, only despise is left for me...
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tmaciak wrote:
RPG games are usually about character progression and long way needed to make "hero from zero". Races are just against it's theme and I despise idea of races in such game as PoE. In some seasons, low level rewards convinced me to give it a try. For many seasons, this is not the case. No rewards, only despise is left for me...

So races are not for you, that is fine. But for those who do enjoy the different setting and rules, it is a nice incentive to actually get something for it in return.
-
Last edited by Ferumbras on Oct 24, 2014, 4:01:29 AM
Hey, could someone explain the different types of races and points for race noobs like me?
Couldn't find the details on the wiki or forum.

I probably won't get much but at least knowing the exact rules and goals could help.

What is piety/merveill/dominus kill races? You stop at said boss? Special points for them?
Fixed see famine and endless ledge I get those ones.
Solo burst, is it regular game 12mn?
If there are notable differences with regular game, would be nice to know too.

For party races, can people easily find a party in game or do you need to prepare one with friends? Is it really better to work in a group. Never seemed to me that you get xp really faster that way.

Also a point recap would be nice, if I understood correctly you get points for:
- being among the most experienced for each class
- reaching certain level
- first to full clear zones or reaching zones?
Do I miss any?

Lots of info seems missing, if someone has a link with all the details, it would work too.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Oct 24, 2014, 7:43:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info