Torture chamber, Labrynth, Jungle Valley, Necropolis... Whats the point?

All maps should not be of identical difficulty for all builds. That would just cause the whole game to become even more dull than it already can be.

I think it is also done to encourage trading of maps you cannot or do not want to do, with other players. Yes, I know, more forced socialization but that is what they want.

Personally, I like having the option of having to tangle with exceptionally difficult bosses because I find the easy ones to be very boring. The downside of course, is that they all drop crap.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
The weird dumb thing is harder boss are in 72 map, and boss on higher lvl map are really Easyer .
But it's cool to have some boss not to easy it's just weird to have most dangerous boss are in 72 map (tc, jungle, labyrinyh) , I think only palace dominus is harder than 72 map boss
Labyrinthe boss is really dangerous for build without amor and chaos res(if you can tank few sec vaal molten destroy him), but anyway who do labyrinthe map it's the worse map in te game, it's same for jungle valley boss but this one is more random with rare monster aura
Torture chamber boss is not really hard but he can kill you fast.

But now we do 72 map at low lvl with shitty gear because it's really easy to get map so boss in 72 are skip

For necropolis it's fine it's 75 and it's pretty easy imo, really less dangerous than boss in 72 map, graveyard yes it's like the 72 boss hard boss in low lvl map
Some boss in high lvl map really need a buff like the boss in shypiard he is so easy like a boss in 66 map.... He need a buff and new skill ,only buff his firestorm is not cool we already have that in crematorium
Last edited by keta on Oct 23, 2014, 4:16:56 AM
"
Grughal wrote:
Because it's different from the rest. People go there for the first time, get pwnd, don't care to analyze how it happened, call it stupid op mechanics and never do it again.

Not everyone obviously but the average PoE-Joe.

Average PoE-Joe also knows, that in general it's not worth to do bosses here, neither for loot, nor exp nor maps drop.

I have at least one build, which can do bosses of maps with ease, but I skip them, because it's not worth to switch to other character or even re-equip. Better to do next map in this time.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
They're a bit harder than the equivalent maps on the same level. Once you get a bit of experience on how to handle them and what to do, they're pretty easy. You can work out how to tweak almost any build with items/setup beforehand.
If its softcore :
Do suicide MF bomber like everyone else. I can guarantee you that with 5 tps left (mostly 2) 3-4 milion dps is enough to melt any boss.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Boem's post pretty much covered all the points.

Id say jungle valley is the only one I mechanically have a big problem with because of rares spawning, which can add a lot of damage/speed to everything including that EK blast. As such, your AOE clear speed has to be good to down those rares fast.

labyrinth and jv are in general not easy for evasion chars. I think labyrinth is trivial with a good armor character or a spellblock character.

torture chamber is all about knowing mechanics and not getting desynced by laser beam (yeah it is a thing sadly enough) while hiding behind columns. you also need somewhat decent damage but at this part of game evolution it shouldnt be a problem for any build really, any league.

necropolis...the first stage is fine, the second stage is...scary. I do think its overtuned, but Im also ok with it because before new mer' there were very few sources of big burst cold damage (rima in invasion/corrupted loc). purity of ice is the least used one out of all the purities.

all of these bosses were re-designed, and almost all of the re-designed fights are overtuned in one way or the other. because they dont want make them trivial for all builds, they become very hard for some.
Last edited by grepman on Oct 24, 2014, 4:59:29 PM
Labyrinth is mostly a DPS check (killing boss before devourers spawn too much), Torture Chamber requires a bit of knowledge how to face the boss.

Museum can rip some characters real fast, especially with damage mods or if you face the bosses all 3 at once.

Orchard is just crazy and never worth doing imo.

Jungle valey is a test of chaos resists and dps.
And Merveil id rather skip and do another map.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Oct 24, 2014, 7:03:05 PM
"
Achilion wrote:
Bro labirynth - best map

So time efficient, good drops , friendly mosters.

I still wait for unique map labirynth based.

FRIENDLY MONSTERS LOOOOL
R.I.P 4.B.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info