What is the deal with blue 20% items? Is this a bug?

So there's the thing about how a single item that's 20% should give armourer scraps, blacksmith whetstone, gemcutters prism.. etc but why does it not always apply?

For example I've noticed that with flasks, a 20% white bottle gives a glassblowers bauble, but a 20% that is blue does not..

video included

http://youtu.be/iaVjDRxmbX8

is this a bug or by design?, and if not a bug, what is the reasoning behind this inconsistent and confusing behaviour?

-p
generally dangerous
i think the shards/orbs given by a blue item were, at some point, deemed to be more valuable than a scrap or a stone, and hence it was changed to that the alt/alt shard/alch shard value over rode the scrap, or at least thats my understanding of it.

I dont see why it doesnt give you the shards AND the scrap, AND a chrom if its also chrom linked... why not? Is that so game breakingly op that you get a chrom AND 5 alt shards? Really? You got master mods that can make 400 dps weapons and then theyre going to shaft you over a wetstone or half an alt? come on GGG, enough with the Ebenezer nonsense.
The 20% recipe is only for white items.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
That's a bit counterintuitive since the 40% recipe works well with blues. :/
Good to know. I've been suspecting this for some time.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Yea, i was so happy when i found a 20% blue flask last league, because i didn't want to p2win with buying stashtabs to hoard all the low % flasks...
And then i realised that i needed to scour it to get a blow-glasses orb.

Such a bummer...
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Did you know that a white 20% Quality item that also has Chromatic (RGB) sockets, such as the axe below, does not give a Scrap or a Whetstone but only gives a Chromatic? So, the white 20% Quality recipe is not universal.

Edit: I agree that it is unintuitive that 20% quality blue items do not vendor for Scraps/Whetstones/Baubles. In my mind, a blue item is just as much a white item as it is a blue item; a blue item is a white item + magic, but still a white item underneath. So, I never understood it, but w/e. Now we have Strongboxes that rain Scraps/Whetstones.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Oct 21, 2014, 8:32:41 AM
it makes no sense at all that it doesn't apply to blue items..I mean at least it should give something better than a scrap of paper.. fragments of something at least..
generally dangerous
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Did you know that a white 20% Quality item that also has Chromatic (RGB) sockets, such as the axe below, does not give a Scrap or a Whetstone but only gives a Chromatic? So, the white 20% Quality recipe is not universal.

Edit: I agree that it is unintuitive that 20% quality blue items do not vendor for Scraps/Whetstones/Baubles. In my mind, a blue item is just as much a white item as it is a blue item; a blue item is a white item + magic, but still a white item underneath. So, I never understood it, but w/e. Now we have Strongboxes that rain Scraps/Whetstones.

It's giving you the higher value recipe.Put in a 6 socket with 3 RGB linked and it will give you 7 jewels.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
Spoiler
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

It's giving you the higher value recipe. Put in a 6 socket with 3 RGB linked and it will give you 7 jewels.
I understand what it is doing, but I do not understand why.

If a single item satisfies more than one recipe, then a vendor should offer currencies for each recipe satisfied unless there is overlap in the recipes.

An example of overlap or a logical hierarchy is the 6S recipe vs the 6L recipe. The 6L recipe is clearly a higher socket recipe, and therefore should override the 6S recipe.

An example of non-overlap or illogical hierarchy is the item I linked. RGB sockets and 20% Quality are two completely separate item attributes. Neither attribute is greater than the other in terms of what they are; they are simply different. However, GGG decided to devise a vendor recipe prioritization scheme not based on full logic and instead wrap all of the vendor recipes together in some all encompassing hierarchy which arbitrarily chooses which item attribute gets recognized as "the vendor recipe".

In my mind, an item that is 6L, has RGB sockets, and 20% Quality should pay out a Divine, a Chromatic, and a Scrap/Whetstone because it is satisfying three separate recipes that do not overlap with each other.

I hate to be such a negative Nancy but..

Normal Priority Scheme: A > B > C > ...
PoE Vendor Recipe Priority Scheme: A > B > lamp > C > 7 > ...
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
"
Perfect_Black wrote:

1) If a single item satisfies more than one recipe, then a vendor should offer currencies for each recipe satisfied unless there is overlap in the recipes.

2) An example of non-overlap or illogical hierarchy is the item I linked. RGB sockets and 20% Quality are two completely separate item attributes.

3) In my mind, an item that is 6L, has RGB sockets, and 20% Quality should pay out a Divine, a Chromatic, and a Scrap/Whetstone because it is satisfying three separate recipes that do not overlap with each other.

4)I hate to be such a negative Nancy but..

Normal Priority Scheme: A > B > C > ...
PoE Vendor Recipe Priority Scheme: A > B > lamp > C > 7 > ...

2)+4)1 Armourer's Scrap\Blacksmith's Whetstone is cheaper than 1 Chromatic Orb.
At NPC trade and at "player's market"
Priority is completely logical in "NPC game-prices"
Care to explain what (where) exactly is "illogical"?

There are no weird conversion rates like
4 Augmentations = 1 Alteration BUT 32 Augmentations =\= 1 Fusing exist.
And Scraps are just slightly differ from usual chart (but still cheaper than Chromatic)

1)+3) Simple example.
Shop has 5 items on sell, with all prices < 100$ (let's say 82, 74, 93, 65 and 78).
You enter this shop and (according to your logic) demand to get ALL 5 items for just 100$, because each of those satisfies the "reason-outcome" principle (which is "item worth < 100$ - i can afford to buy it")

Can you see where is the flaw in your "logic" about "divine & chromatic & scrap"?
Those are something like "independent events" (you can vendor item for scrap, you can vendor item for chrome, you can vendor item for divine) and yes, those "separate" recipies overlap with each other; it may be not so clear for you, but they are.
Developer(s) just removed all conflicts by putting "recipe priority"
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info