What is the deal with blue 20% items? Is this a bug?

I don't think that there is much to explain.

RGB sockets, 20% Quality, and 6S are three separate item features that satisfy three separate vendor recipes. However, if you have all three of these attributes on one item, you are only going to get one reward based on value priority.

Does it make since that a RGB socketed, 20% Quality, 6S item nets you 7 Jeweller's, as does a non RGB socketed, 0% quality, 6S item? There is no difference in the vendor reward, even though one item satisfies three recipes and the other only satisfies one. Arbitrary prioritization on a single attribute and disregard for the rest is what I find to be illogical. Not only is it illogical, but the priority scheme misses opportunities to make players feel more rewarded for their time and looting efforts.

To explain with an example: You offer me a diamond ring with a gold band. I valuate the diamond and the gold band to come up with an overall value to offer for the ring.

If I were a PoE vendor, I would valuate the diamond and the gold band to come up with an overall value to offer for the ring. I would then arbitrarily ignore the value of one of the attributes, the one that is "worth less", and only offer you value for the other.

Sorry for starting a related but sort of off topic mini discussion in this thread, philosoaper :x
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
I frankly agree with you, although I understand that GGG doesn't want to risk people getting a decent amount of currency without centuries of grinding and that this means you don't get multiple recipies filled in one go, but the whole blue 20% not counting.. makes.. no.. friggin.. sense..

for it to make sense then using any blue item in a mixture with white shouldn't count.. because it's "too valuable" for the quality to count..

.. so many things GGG does that I don't understand.. like making 3D art for SHIT ITEMS BUT NOT FOR MY MJÖLNER WHEN I FINALLY HAVE ONE!..

any idea.. like ANY IDEA AT ALL how painful it is to run around with such an epic item when it looks like a turd?

painful.... reeeeeeeeeeeeel painful..
generally dangerous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info