How do I open strongboxes without dying?

Ive been using Vaal Cyclone lately and that is lots of fun, just watch out for Ice Nova ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Llyrain wrote:
The ultimative solution:
Build up endurance charges before opening the box, then pop vaal immortal call before opening.
You can't die for a couple of seconds (depends on setup), simply pot up life afterwards even if you got a few vaal smashes.

Ultimate if you can do it before every single one. But if there are two in an instance, then it's not so ultimate.
the most frequent factor resulting in death is 'freeze', either a direct freeze or from ice nova. So to be safe, pop a unfreeze life potion after opening the box, and run.

Sometimes, you die from corpse explosion. Very instant... so clear the corpses b4 opening. 'bone/flesh offering' is the best. Clears a bunch of corpses per cast. (Useful for mobs that resurrect each other as well).

Most of the others, is survivable.
"
Benalishhero wrote:
So I just came across a Rare Cartographers strong box with the freeze mod. My Vaal skele was charged so I popped it then the box and didn't freeze. Not sure if it was a bug or not will try again and report back....

Did you wear a "cannot be frozen" item ? I got really confused the first time i opened a freeze box with a new char and had forgotten about the wondertraps i was wearing.
[Beyond] Hajhji/MahouShoujo_Madoka

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info