Ci died on full es

op
happened to me in closed beta too, have a witch thats CI right now, and i reroll the flasks every time i see that mod on a them, cuz i know of its lethality. they have made it very clear in this game that you MUST pay attention to the way things are worded, because they always distinguish exactly what does what with the wording in this game.

Besides, that flask is godly when you want to die to use Cast on Death in pvp...
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Weird intended behavior. You know what I don't understand? Is that when you are trying to use on full life or full mana your healing / mana flasks (any of non caustic flasks) are completely disabled and this is intended behavior however you can use caustic mana flask anytime.

THIS GAME LACK CONSISTENCY!

Either disable for protection Caustic Flasks when your toon is CI or enable all the flasks all the time...

If I'm full life and want to get some bonus from a healing flask then I WANT TO GET IT the same way I GET DEATH on CI.
So funny.

GL to OP playing D3!!

"
G0rr wrote:
To be honest, beside OP little childish and passionate writings, I agree that said mechanic should be changed.
No, no and no! This mechanic is the source of the most funny threads/posts.

2OP: "removes X life"!="damages you for X amount". Damage can be mitigated, it can go to ES first, etc. Removal is just that, a removal. And the only reason for death is reaching 0 (or less?) life (ah, the second one would be being at <10% life and being culled, but that's almost exclusively pvp thing)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Weird intended behavior. You know what I don't understand? Is that when you are trying to use on full life or full mana your healing / mana flasks (any of non caustic flasks) are completely disabled and this is intended behavior however you can use caustic mana flask anytime.

THIS GAME LACK CONSISTENCY!

Either disable for protection Caustic Flasks when your toon is CI or enable all the flasks all the time...

If I'm full life and want to get some bonus from a healing flask then I WANT TO GET IT the same way I GET DEATH on CI.

Incorrect, you can use life and mana flasks at any time (outside of towns); observe for example that doing so consumes charges. However, the duration of a life flask ends as soon as you hit full life, and similarly the duration of a mana flask ends as soon as you hit full mana. So all effects tied to the flask duration (keyword “during flask effect”) also end then. On the other hand, the life removal effect of a caustic mana flask is not tied to flask duration, it is instant (keyword “when used” or “on use”), therefore it applies even when the mana flask’s duration ends immediately.

Compare the effects of a mana flask of staunching:
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect
  • Removes Bleeding on use

The second mod causes bleeding to be removed even if you are at full mana. However, the immunity to bleeding from the first mod only lasts until your mana is full, so if it starts out full you don’t get immunity.

This is the reason people often put important duration effects on their utility flasks, which always have their full duration.
"
Melvar wrote:
Incorrect, you can use life and mana flasks at any time (outside of towns); observe for example that doing so consumes charges.

A Flask can only be activated if it has an immediate effect. A blank Life Flask only takes charges if you're actually missing Life, but a Life Flask of Staunching can be activated at any time due to the Bleed Removal.
Caustic is an instant effect :P
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 30, 2016, 9:07:31 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Melvar wrote:
Incorrect, you can use life and mana flasks at any time (outside of towns); observe for example that doing so consumes charges.

A Flask can only be activated if it has an immediate effect. A blank Life Flask only takes charges if you're actually missing Life, but a Life Flask of Staunching can be activated at any time due to the Bleed Removal.
Caustic is an instant effect :P

Thank you for clarifying; I didn’t think to try a white one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info