desync and unexpected disconnection

HOLY crap this is getting ridiculous. This problem seems to be worse at night time for me and only started happening this week. While I am mapping I am getting horrible desync where I am shooting a monster literally 50 times before an arrow registers or let alone kills the bastard.

Just now, It has taken me over 30 minutes to walk not even a minute from the starting position in the map! I am running throughout the map and all of the sudden I am jumping around the map! I can walk around while the monsters are frozen then all of the sudden I am either where I was 5 minutes ago or almost dead from being attacked by the minions.

I have died two times in the past 30 minutes from this horrible desync and I have been randomly disconnected from the server about 3 times or more! Like I said this problem seems to be worse at night and this problem just started happening out of nowhere!

I wanted to do my daily master quest, and maybe one map so I can level up but now I failed my zana daily because of this problem and died two times tonight.

This is soooo frustrating. My internet is pretty fast, and doesn't really have problems like this. So is it the server? Is it because too many people are online or something?

Also another problem is that this does not just happen in the maps, When I try to sell items to the vendors it is like my screen is frozen or something (desync) and it takes longer than normally to sell items.
Last edited by ThaJewishPanda on Oct 31, 2014, 10:07:37 PM
Well the symptom of delayed vendoring isn't desync, it's just lag. I'd suggest running WinMTR for about 300 cycles (when you are having problems in-game), and posting the results here.
its been good, but my screen just froze and my poe crashed or something... I never got these problems before like i said. Also i tried downloading the program but the page has not loaded for me since you posted the link.

edit: i get a blank screen saying "this page is not available"
Last edited by ThaJewishPanda on Oct 23, 2014, 9:59:28 PM
Can you try running a PingPlotter instead? You should be able to run this trace using the addresses provided in Ionface's WinMTR link.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
So I played a couple maps, things were fine. Then I started playing the vaal pyramid map and started to hop around the map since the beginning. Started the program and then played a couple maps. Died twice and have hopped around the map serveral times. I did not know which ips i should hide so... i just left the server ip visable.

Last edited by ThaJewishPanda on Oct 24, 2014, 10:02:12 PM
the issue is with your first hop which is the router/modem or you pc network.

try rebooting all the hardware, and if you're using wireless, try hard wired.
Same here.
It worked fine for the past two months or so (apart from the "MapChunk" crash), but since a week or so desync and random disconnects are way more frequent.

I'm pretty certain all this started right after the last patch. The game disconnects when I do Alt + Tab to desktop/browser, I've difficulties to log in, failures to connect to instance etc.
Few days ago it took me like five attempts to cross Lunaris Temple lvl 3 to get to Piety. Chrashed right before her portal everytime.
"
Drakier wrote:
the issue is with your first hop which is the router/modem or you pc network.

try rebooting all the hardware, and if you're using wireless, try hard wired.

how do you know that is the issue? And would it not be more continuous if it was my internet?
Did Drakier's suggestions help? The PingPlotter you provided is indicative of packet loss and latency issues occuring at the start of your trace (so your system or your modem/router) and this packet loss continues throughout your trace. So the first thing to test here is the connection on your end (restarting your modem/router, using a wired connection for your network, turning off any external programs while playing Path of Exile, and allowing PoE through your Firewall).

Do you share your network with any other users such as flatmates or family members? It is possible that your modem/router has connectivity problems with multiple users, and as they use this network your modem is filtering packets to accommodate for these issues. Additionally, check other times of the day aswell incase this is filtering on your ISP's end during peak hours.

Map chunk errors are usually a different issue with a different solution (relating to ram issues or corrupted content.ggpk files). You are welcome to run a Pack Check and add the '-gc 2' launch parameter to Path of Exile, However before we address this further it may be prudent to address your connectivity concerns.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
thanks for the information. I have not had any issues since my last post but that is what confuses me. I believe I am the only one connected to my internet and if i test my download speed it is about 30 Mbps which is an upgrade from my last internet that was not even half this speed without any problems. When i made this thread the problem was happening for the 3rd or 4th night in a row and it was literally unplayable at the time. Thanks for the help, I guess it was my internet provider or something along my end.
Last edited by ThaJewishPanda on Oct 31, 2014, 10:02:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info