Dual wielding question

Well yes, if you assume the smaller AoE only has an Increase and the larger AoE only has a Reduction, it works out better for the full circle. I'm talking base, because that's a much more sensible number.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 19, 2014, 9:52:27 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Well yes, if you assume the smaller AoE only has an Increase and the larger AoE only has a Reduction, it works out better for the full circle. I'm talking base, because that's a much more sensible number.

Don't know if I understand your post correctly.

I wrote above:
"

As both variations may wear Carcass Jack or spec into Amplify, I leave the AoE numbers as they are.

Cleave has 20 AoE.
If you use Conc Effect (you need this to beat Dual Strike), it drops to 14.

Splash has 14 AoE, but +20% from 20q, makes it 16.8.

That's a bigger number.

If you don't use Conc Effect, you get better AoE than DS+Splash in some situations (depending where the monsters are located around you), but then you lose in terms of DpS.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 19, 2014, 10:05:58 AM
@Peterlerock

your image is misleading. It does not take into account different base radius of skills. with no modifier, cleave (20 unit radius) covers 2,04% more area than MS (14 units)

at 30% reduced AoE, cleave covers 20,99% more area
at 20% increased AoE, cleave covers 12,5% more area

edit for clarity: dont forget units are integer values and the result is rounded down

quality melee splash makes it different though, but dont forget DS+MS already takes 2 slots. You could easily compare it with cleave+AoE gem as well

"
If you use Conc Effect (you need this to beat Dual Strike)

this is also misleading, and actually not true at all

dual strike has 180% base effectivness, but MS gives you less damage to other targets. this means it has:

124,2% AoE damage effectivness with lvl 20 MS
115,2% AoE damage effectivness with lvl 15 MS
etc.. whilst:
cleave has 130% effectivness at all levels
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 19, 2014, 1:21:26 PM
I know you cannot compare two skills 100%.
Depends on all kinds of stuff.

I compared "two gem" combinations (Cleave+Conc, DS+Splash) as this seemed to be the most fair approach.

I wrote "you need conc to beat DS" mostly because DS+Splash have way higher "increased damage" than Cleave+Conc.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info